Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Peleton Online Spin Classes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
explorerJC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep...running...one of the few skills that are not taught as skills....

you don't have to be at the front of a PR to be running poorly and putting yourself at risk of injury...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
hammerer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buzz_ wrote:
There are already plenty of artificial barriers to exercise with people being told they need the right kit, heart rate monitors, compression socks, mp3 player, sun glasses. The joy of running should be its accessibility, on day 1 you need little more than a half decent pair of trainers. And on day 1 you should be walking as much as you are running.

Anecdotally, I donít see parkrun as perpetuating a no-pain-no-gain exercise philosophy. Sure there are always a few MAMITs (Middle Aged Men In Trainers) breathing heavily towards the front, but further back the emphasis is much more social and people will pick weeks when they want to push and weeks when they want to stroll. As a gateway to finding a running club that can help you develop your running should you wish, it would seem an ideal forum. And a decent running club is going to be the easiest place for most to find cheap coaching advice.

you still get injured being social, in fact its these groups that are in most need of advise and help. Also picking weeks to push is not ideal. oh this week I'll push even though my body isnt conditioned for it and Id be better off going for a long walk. again cant be very social if you are sitting at home nursing an injury.
twhat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammerer wrote:
Buzz_ wrote:
There are already plenty of artificial barriers to exercise with people being told they need the right kit, heart rate monitors, compression socks, mp3 player, sun glasses. The joy of running should be its accessibility, on day 1 you need little more than a half decent pair of trainers. And on day 1 you should be walking as much as you are running.

Anecdotally, I donít see parkrun as perpetuating a no-pain-no-gain exercise philosophy. Sure there are always a few MAMITs (Middle Aged Men In Trainers) breathing heavily towards the front, but further back the emphasis is much more social and people will pick weeks when they want to push and weeks when they want to stroll. As a gateway to finding a running club that can help you develop your running should you wish, it would seem an ideal forum. And a decent running club is going to be the easiest place for most to find cheap coaching advice.

you still get injured being social, in fact its these groups that are in most need of advise and help. Also picking weeks to push is not ideal. oh this week I'll push even though my body isnt conditioned for it and Id be better off going for a long walk. again cant be very social if you are sitting at home nursing an injury.

Thats the point isnt it? You pick weeks to push when your body is conditioned for it ?
Me, i'm a fully paid up flag waving Mamit, i only go to parkrun if i'm going to push. So not since May.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reality is that you won't have an attractive member of your gender of choice constantly cajoling you by name. Interesting that they don't have a version of the Ad with a bloke; who'd obviously be a ripped dude in a vest with fancy hair Laughing
Buzz_

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caught an advert for this peleton stuff on youtube last night. Seems they are not just offering someone to shout at you via video while on a bike, but treadmill, lifting weights and circuit training too. Both men and women Jorgan, so whatever your preference.

So can I get fitter just by playing the videos and letting someone shout at me? Sounds like the future.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buzz_ wrote:
So can I get fitter just by playing the videos and letting someone shout at me? Sounds like the future.

You can smash it Buzz!
hammerer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twhat wrote:
hammerer wrote:
Buzz_ wrote:

Thats the point isnt it? You pick weeks to push when your body is conditioned for it ?
Me, i'm a fully paid up flag waving Mamit, i only go to parkrun if i'm going to push. So not since May.

But the point is they don't know. If 75 or 80% whatever that stats are, of runners are getting injured then clearly they don't know when to back off and I guarantee park run is a big cause of this not the people that have run for years and have learnt when to back off.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammerer wrote:
twhat wrote:
hammerer wrote:
Buzz_ wrote:

But the point is they don't know. If 75 or 80% whatever that stats are, of runners are getting injured then clearly they don't know when to back off and I guarantee park run is a big cause of this not the people that have run for years and have learnt when to back off.

the injury rates were high before park run and it is likely that runners develop injuries whilst running at a slow pace (for them) as well as an excessive pace...thus it is most likely that form is the cause...

Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys please, this is a thread about smashing-out an epic hurtfest of legendary proportions on Peleton... not a wider conversation on coaching and injuries.

Feel the sweet burn Exclamation
explorerJC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
Guys please, this is a thread about smashing-out an epic hurtfest of legendary proportions on Peleton... not a wider conversation on coaching and injuries.

Feel the sweet burn Exclamation

and watch the cash flow in...for the physios... Smile

Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:

Well, we do like a good service sector in the UK.
gingerbongo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
explorerJC wrote:

Like coaching? Wink
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gingerbongo wrote:
Jorgan wrote:

Like coaching? Wink

People need their first-world problems sorting; don't make light of it.
gingerbongo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
gingerbongo wrote:
Jorgan wrote:

Like coaching? Wink

True, true.

I was deeply upset today as i forgot my running shoes so can't get out at lunchtime. That is surely someone (else's) fault. I need to blame someone! [/b]
explorerJC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gingerbongo wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
gingerbongo wrote:
Jorgan wrote:

Like coaching? Wink

True, true.

I was deeply upset today as i forgot my running shoes so can't get out at lunchtime. That is surely someone (else's) fault. I need to blame someone! [/b]

absolutely...i am surprised that there isn't a charity for this that supplies temporary shoes for those in distress...our thoughts are with you in this distressing time...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: