Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
January 2019 weigh in
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wheezy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrace wrote:
How are you guys planning to lose weight then? More exercise, less crap?

My current approach is more training and not over-eating at evening meals like I normally do. And since my weight hasn't really changed in the last 5 years no matter what I do I hope doing something will make it change.

Also, would height and/or FTP be relevant in this thread? I'm rather envious of 75kg reports but if you're 5ft high with 120FTP I probably shouldn't be... Smile

I'm 184cm/6ft, currently 245FTP and 82kg. Not great. Target 280FTP and <75kg by May.

I just want to make sure I don't lose power as result of dropping intake.

Like I said in the OP, yes, cut out the carp but smaller portions and eat more slowly and aim to eat more fruit and veg rather than bread. I cook for the family and usually end up making too much, so I will wolf down a bowl of food and then go back for seconds, then feel really full and bloated. I know itís early days but so far, just eating slower letís me register that Iíve actually had enough to eat after the first serving. I seem to remember watching a programme a few years ago with Paul McKenna, the hypnotist, and he was talking about helping people lose weight by eating consciously and I think that I fall into the category of someone who eats quite a lot because I can, rather than because I need too. Iím lucky in that Iíve always been quite a slim build and if my genetics were different I would weigh a lot more. I appreciate that I donít have as much to lose as some, but with some hilly time trials coming up, a couple of half marathons and IMCH, which has a few hills in it, this is genuine free speed. Regarding ftp, it will be interesting to see if this takes a knock but I am sure that it will more than be made up by making the run easier.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr Giles Yeo on the Afternoon edition radio 5 Live today...worth a listen...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Tigger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:

Do they have a book to sell?
JamieMcP

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

01/01/18 71 kg
01/01/19 71.1kg

Ill take that. would like to get more into the 65kg area though. I bottomed out at 66.5kg this year

So many races so little time.
Pedro Peru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamieMcP wrote:
01/01/18 71 kg
01/01/19 71.1kg

Ill take that. would like to get more into the 65kg area though. I bottomed out at 66.5kg this year
Pretty much the same here.

I was 70kg this time last year and 71kg now Sad Will be down to 64-65kg for the Outlaw. Like Stenard just consistent training and eating less rubbish, drinking less will get me 67kg over the next couple months. Then a bit more attention to diet to lose the last 2-3kg. I'm currently looking like a swarthy Ricky Hatton (in between fights).

We do still have lots of cheese, chocolate, cake and wine in the house from Christmas so I have to work my way through that before worrying about losing weight.
JeffB

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was 76.5 last night, but that wasn't long after a decent tea and had trainers on, so maybe 76 like I thought.

I really struggle to shift it. I suspect bodyfat is probably 15/16%, which means about 10kg of it so I can certainly afford to lose at least 3kg.

Couldn't tell you about FTP ATM, I'm about 175cm, in the season even without much interval training I'll be around 280-290 for a 25. Can't usually get anywhere near on the turbo.

Jeff
explorerJC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tigger wrote:
explorerJC wrote:

Do they have a book to sell?

of course...that's obligatory, isn't it?

Roscoemck

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrace wrote:
How are you guys planning to lose weight then? More exercise, less crap?

My current approach is more training and not over-eating at evening meals like I normally do. And since my weight hasn't really changed in the last 5 years no matter what I do I hope doing something will make it change.

Also, would height and/or FTP be relevant in this thread? I'm rather envious of 75kg reports but if you're 5ft high with 120FTP I probably shouldn't be... Smile

I'm 184cm/6ft, currently 245FTP and 82kg. Not great. Target 280FTP and <75kg by May.

I just want to make sure I don't lose power as result of dropping intake.

Small changes. Cut out the crisps and biscuits and get the training back to a minimum 6 hours a week.
leahnp

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Current weight 70kg BF 10.1%
It is slowly dropping off but after a poor 2018 with injuries and accidents, I 'raced' at the Ibiza ETUs at 71.5kg and felt slow -out of shape.
Reading Matt Fitzgerald's book my target weight should be 67kg so I will aim for that for now. I have made mistakes in the past of losing too much weight down to 65kg in preparation for Roth and lost the power on the bike.
2019 will be the year I get it right...
Whisk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

90kg for me (1.85m tall, FTP = 360W). I think that's a couple of kg less than this time last year and maybe a kg or so more than I was for Lanza last year. My weight can easily fluctuate by a kg or more in a week, so I don't get too hung up about the precise figure.

I was 95kg when I rowed my last Henley in 2005. When I packed in rowing and started training for my first IM, that dropped down to 90kg. I then went through a cycle of putting on a bit of weight after an IM and then gradually losing most of it as I trained for the next one. The general trend was upwards and after a couple of years with just cycling and no IM, I'd drifted up to 97kg by June 2017.

IM training and a bit of portion control helped me get back down to 90ish kg without too much difficulty. Consistent training has helped me keep it there. According to the body composition scales at the gym, I'm at about 10% body fat, so reasonably lean. Running seems to be the best activity for weight loss/control, especially long runs for IM training.

I think I'm probably the lightest I've been since about 1994. I experimented with rowing lightweight in my final year at uni and dropped from 80kg to 72kg over 4 months with some hard dieting and a shed load of training. It was a thoroughly miserable experience and put me off the idea of dieting for life Rolling Eyes .
PCP

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not weighed in yet but I'm a disgrace. Went from the lowest I've been in 10 years in July to the heaviest ever by the looks of me.

Had a terrible Xmas with a very close bereavement which left me in a very bad mental state for 2 weeks, barely leaving the house and eating/drinking a lot of cr@p.

Got a big hole to dig myself out of, I've trained for 3 days now so back at it.

I need to cut the sugar and empty calories. No boozed, no sweets, chocolate, cookies etc apart from a weekly treat.

Looking to she 1.5lb a week for a few months, at leat 10kg to come off.
Wheezy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCP wrote:

Had a terrible Xmas with a very close bereavement which left me in a very bad mental state for 2 weeks, barely leaving the house and eating/drinking a lot of cr@p.

Sorry to hear that mate. Hope you are feeling better soon.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCP wrote:
Not weighed in yet but I'm a disgrace. Went from the lowest I've been in 10 years in July to the heaviest ever by the looks of me.

I need to cut the sugar and empty calories. No boozed, no sweets, chocolate, cookies etc apart from a weekly treat.

Looking to she 1.5lb a week for a few months, at leat 10kg to come off.

condolences PCP....

BigFoz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan-1 102.9Kg, heaviest start to the year for 3 years. Possibly due to GP reducing my thyroxine dose in Sep - been trending upwards since... Have to go back and have the argument again. Sigh.

Aim for this year is sub 95, got to short 96s last year before dosage change. Taken 6 years so far to inch down from 121Kg
iwaters

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You lot haven't tried hard enough over Xmas. 120kg, all of it muscle, a lot of relaxed muscle round the belly.

Getting back in the game though. No booze, that is my nemesis.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: