Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
TriTalk is 2012 Triathlon England affiliated (CTT in prog)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hanna

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duncan74 wrote:
Hanna wrote:

I'm not saying it couldn't be done, but it could have quite a few potential implications which would require a bit of sorting. I'm happy to look into it, but not just now... maybe in a few months if people are genuinely interested in the idea.

I think you've persuaded me Very Happy

poo-poops

100% Hanna
Paul L

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update Hanna, good work all round.

Hanna wrote:
As it stands we only have to pay a nominal affiliation fee rather than the full expenses most clubs have to pay.

Does this mean we owe someone a word of thanks? Or a pint? Beer

Go Team TriTalk, Paul. Very Happy
Hanna

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul L wrote:
Thanks for the update Hanna, good work all round.

Hanna wrote:
As it stands we only have to pay a nominal affiliation fee rather than the full expenses most clubs have to pay.

Does this mean we owe someone a word of thanks? Or a pint? Beer

Go Team TriTalk, Paul. Very Happy

How about me? Or Garath perhaps?

100% Hanna
Big Bopper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

runtilyoudrop wrote:
I have been inspired to get some tritalk kit and now feel like I am a member. I have already prepaid this years races but will join BTA next year as a tritalk club member.

Don't worry RTYD, you get your money back at race registration.

BB
woody70

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Bopper wrote:
runtilyoudrop wrote:
I have been inspired to get some tritalk kit and now feel like I am a member. I have already prepaid this years races but will join BTA next year as a tritalk club member.

BB

As I am in the same situation, having entered 5 or 6 events as a non BTA member, do you have any experience of getting cash back at races BB?

If there's a fair chance then I'll join and see what happens, at 4 or 5 quid extra a race it will just about break even, and I'm sure there were one or two other benefits from BTA membership which were worth having.

Cheers all

Ian
Spike

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duncan74 wrote:
Hanna wrote:
We're not... it's an internet only club which does not organise events or run training sessions and therefore it is a little different from most others.

I was thinking about that bit this morning. For 2007 then perhaps we ought to think about a smallscale race (club champs instead of Ludlow?).

Now that would curb the reservations I have about Team TT. Remember, without clubs putting on races, we don't have a sport in this country. Sad
Big Bopper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woody70 wrote:
Big Bopper wrote:

BB

As I am in the same situation, having entered 5 or 6 events as a non BTA member, do you have any experience of getting cash back at races BB?

Yes. You go to registration, show them your BTA/F card, and they hand you a fiver. Sorted!

BB
Paul L

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hanna wrote:

Consider it done next time we meet, cheers, Paul. Beer
Hanna

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul L wrote:
Hanna wrote:

Consider it done next time we meet, cheers, Paul. Beer

Hmmm... when will that be... maybe we need to organise another TT drinks shortly?

100% Hanna
Bex2011

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just spotted this - and was thinking about joining BTA -bonus!! thanks hanna +gareth of course! Very Happy
dr dre

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice one H - was delaying my entry cos i thought the 48 was too much Very Happy
duncan74

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spike wrote:
duncan74 wrote:
Hanna wrote:
We're not... it's an internet only club which does not organise events or run training sessions and therefore it is a little different from most others.

I was thinking about that bit this morning. For 2007 then perhaps we ought to think about a smallscale race (club champs instead of Ludlow?).

Now that would curb the reservations I have about Team TT. Remember, without clubs putting on races, we don't have a sport in this country. Sad

Hanna's point was that it would cost on insurance and additional registration fees. However, would it be possible to do a race in association with an existing club? Ie we provide the marshalling manpower, the referees, the publicity, etc, they provide the Race Director and essentially become the promoter / technical provider of the race?

www.likeys.com - santa's little helper.
Hanna

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duncan74 wrote:
Spike wrote:
duncan74 wrote:
Hanna wrote:

Hanna's point was that it would cost on insurance and additional registration fees. However, would it be possible to do a race in association with an existing club? Ie we provide the marshalling manpower, the referees, the publicity, etc, they provide the Race Director and essentially become the promoter / technical provider of the race?

I much prefer that idea... far less of a headache for myself anyway!

100% Hanna
CJBrown

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woody70 wrote:
If there's a fair chance then I'll join and see what happens, at 4 or 5 quid extra a race it will just about break even, and I'm sure there were one or two other benefits from BTA membership which were worth having.

I've not looked over the documents, but does BTA membership come with insurance that covers you during training as well as on race day? That could come in handy if you hit a pedestrian when out cycling or one of the blue rinse brigade sues you for splashing her in the pool.

CJ
fatboyinlycra

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CJBrown wrote:
woody70 wrote:

I've not looked over the documents, but does BTA membership come with insurance that covers you during training as well as on race day? That could come in handy if you hit a pedestrian when out cycling or one of the blue rinse brigade sues you for splashing her in the pool.

CJ

yes bta (or whatever it decides to call itself eventually) does give you insurance cover whilst training - pretty sure its 3rd party cover against you being sued but it does provide you with a legal cover to go after anyone who injures you whilst training, there have been numerous threads on the merits of this
If aliens came to visit this planet they would have to conclude that we as a species have constructed a vast global network of computers whose primary function appears to be to transfer images of our species engaged in the act of mating...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

Jump to: