Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
TT goes too far
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BLOWout!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I should have said is: it's not good etiquette to advertise on someone else’s forum. Did you ask for the owners permission ?
fruit thief

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nearly 12000 posts??? That is the first time I have noticed that. Blimey tha's going some
Julius

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO i thought duncan74 wasn't enjoying the thread much recently but the straw that broke the camels back was the imposter who posted as him on the temp board and sent him up in an innapropriate manner.

I could be quite wrong on all of the above but practical jokes always have the chance of getting well out of hand.
dr dre

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a few days away and come back to this.

what have you lot been up to Confused
Big Bopper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dr dre wrote:
i have a few days away and come back to this.

what have you lot been up to Confused

God knows. I hadn't been on TT much, until Bel said I needed to go on, and check out what was going on. Rolling Eyes

I'm sure Duncan will be back. Our TT Tower Of Power (tm) wouldn't give in to a sock puppet (or something).

BB
ray

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so let me get this stright

the Panada died Shocked
Big Bopper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray wrote:

the Panada died Shocked

Sorry, it grew fat on a diet of bamboo. Had to put it down. Rolling Eyes

BB
ray

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Bopper wrote:
Ray wrote:

the Panada died Shocked

Sorry, it grew fat on a diet of bamboo. Had to put it down. Rolling Eyes

BB
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Big Bopper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vegan Power wrote:
IMHO i thought duncan74 wasn't enjoying the thread much recently but the straw that broke the camels back was the imposter who posted as him on the temp board and sent him up in an innapropriate manner.

I could be quite wrong on all of the above but practical jokes always have the chance of getting well out of hand.

VP, you are wrong here. The poster was posting as Duncan to keep his spirit around whilst he (the real one) was off on honeymoon. It was a way of exalting(tm the tri temp forum) him. It was done in good humour, and the identity of the poster was open to those who looked. Very Happy

BB
Toyota_Crown

Location: Lincoln / Scarborough (Algerino-Land) / Fircombe-on-Sea. sandbagging for daveM

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Duncan's tri temp imposter was quite a tribute to the man himself. I'm sure he was chuffed. ( I can't wait for someone to appear as Toyota_Starlet and take the p1ss out of me.....)

Duncan and Hywel are both top posters on TT, and I very much look forward to their further contributions, when all of this will have long since been totally forgotten. Roll on next seasons madness.
97IM+12DIM+D+3Q+4T=158IM
UKIMGrandSlam04-18
toasty

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta say the mans got a point, it is no skin off most peoples noses.

But when certain people do it several times a day it starts to get a bit old and tired doesn't it. And seeing as this forum is txt based it is often easy to read something not quite as it was intended.

People who have been here a while, know each other off forum are getting a little too comfortable in the manner of their posts.

A request by Mr H for a little more consideration when posting is simply polite. Rather than shouting back the problem has been identified and i think it would be for the good of TT that it was heeded with some respect rather than dismissive posts.

http://www.northdevontri.co.uk/training.htm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
stephstride

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Bopper wrote:
It was done in good humour, and the identity of the poster was open to those who looked. Very Happy

I still don't know who that was - how irritating. I'll be your bezzie if you tell me..... Very Happy
user134098

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think it will be sad if Towel,D74 or even markier stop. But that's the thing about web forums. People come and go, and the forum evolves a little with everybody's contributions. As has already been said, we don't see the posters facial expressions whan they post - but as well as losing some of the subtleties of meaning, it makes contributors more forgettable as well. Ever noticed that people don't notice if you stop posting for a week?
One way or another, this will all be forgotten in a few weeks as we veer off in another slightly different direction due to whomever is on-board.

Edit: About the clique thing, I've been on here since 2004 and in all that time I've only met TRoT and Tritraveller from outside my own club. I don't know people other than from what they write. And I don't mind that, cos I'm really boring in real life, and I wouldn't know what to say to you.

Last edited by user134098 on Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
smiler666

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah you wood.
T-rex of Tri

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ianmcl wrote:
I've been on here since 2004 and in all that time I've only met TRoT and Tritraveller from outside my own club.

That's quite an elusive band you've met if I was to meet only two, they're the ones I'd choose! Very Happy

As to the forum evolving, happens all the time, it's usually more than a week before you think... "When did so and so last post?"

We'll see how things go, there is still an awful lot of useful stuff on this forum, I might not have done half as much this year if it wasn't for this place and let's hope that continues.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: