Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Time to find another forum
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quadzilla

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Time to find another forum Reply with quote

I think it's been in the pipeline for a while now, so to go through taking even more piccies and posting on the forum for some simple advice and to get 69 views and only one reply has really nailed it for me!

This is not the first time I've had little response but it just makes me think that unless you're in the 'clique' you can't get away with talking about 'what do you eat for breakfast', what's the longest poo you've ever done', 'do you like dentists' and all the other inane topics that fly about and get hundreds of replies!!!!

Don't get me wrong this has been an extremely informative forum and I've certainly learned alot and met a few nice people.

Maybe it's cos I'm Welsh. Maybe it's cos I'm sometimes too frank. Maybe it's cos I don't say the very first thing that comes into my head and post it in a forum.
There's a lot of intelligent and talented people on here but some of them let themselves down by being conceited.

With my topic headline I can once again guarantee loads of 'views' but very little replies so will prove once again that you have to be in the 'clique' to get noticed!!

Am I throwing my toys??...Who cares?

Adios amigos it's been emotional! QZ Wink

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=PaulChick

http://www.newporttri.co.uk/home/default.aspx
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ed_m

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Time to find another forum Reply with quote

Quadzilla wrote:

yes you are..... and i'm sure someone will Wink
doug

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few observations about why I don't think you should throw your toys out of the pram just yet !

1) it is really quiet around here at the moment due to the xmas break so 1 reply in 24 hours isn't too bad and I doubt the lack of replies is anything personal or due to you not bein in the clique
2) perhaps noone who has read the question knew the answer (was it theone about shredding a turbo tyre - if so I don't know the answer)
3) the question should probably have been in the "Gear" section
JamieMcP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doug wrote:
A few observations about why I don't think you should throw your toys out of the pram just yet !

1) it is really quiet around here at the moment due to the xmas break so 1 reply in 24 hours isn't too bad and I doubt the lack of replies is anything personal or due to you not bein in the clique

Thats probably due to the fact that no one is at work Very Happy

So many races so little time.
bonger

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's because it's alot easier to talk about what someone had for breakfast than it is to diagnose an unusual mechanical problem.
I like to help with mechanical and training advice if i feel i can but if i don't comment it's nothing to do with any 'clique', it's because i don't want to waste my time typing "i don't know" or anyone elses time reading it.
If you don't like the balance of the forum then give it a miss but you shouldn't take it personal right like if you don't get many replies to a question.

For what it's worth there is clearly far too much pressure/friction/heat on the tyre on your turbo. For some reason the contact point between the roller and tyre is creating too much friction and getting hot. Why or how to fix it is impossible to say without looking at it.

What pressure do you have in the inner-tube?
Windmonkey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was with you until you said you were Welsh.

See ya!

Only Joking, I lived in wales for 2 years and it was great, I totally understand where you ar coming from but don't go just because you are not part of the clique. I'm not part of It an no-one really take any notice of me or my blog but I just use the forum for what I want and don't get involved in all the bollox that goes on.

Just keep it at arms length and have a laugh Very Happy
Swerve

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I took a look at your post, Qz, and also failed to post a reply. The reason was that I didn't have the faintest idea of how to help, not because I'm a coprophile.

Fair comment on the other stuff, though. Sad
TT
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've moved this to Off-Topic.
Big Dick

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I agree, it's probably because your Welsh.

Seriously though, it has been quiet. I know it was done with the best intentions when many, many toys were being thrown recently but I for one don't think that splitting the General and OT into two folders has worked. Before there was just one place too look for less specific stuff and you got used to ignoring certain threads. Time to reassess I think.

Sorry, but 9 times out of 10 I will ignore "what did you have for breakfast" type threads. Nothing personal just can't be bothered with that bollox. If you really want responses you could always go to the training page and dis' TI! Very Happy

BD
Big Dick

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT wrote:
I've moved this to Off-Topic.

See what I mean. A lot of hard work for everyone! Smile
Etruscan_Tim

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had problems with the heat too - in fact one tube exploded through the tyre because I put it on too high a setting Twisted Evil

That's my guess.

But then, maybe none of us know the answer and are uncertain about replying to due our ignorance? There's no cliqueness at the moment on TT, it's just very quiet. Sometimes threads just sink of their own accord - as soon as they drop from the top 10-20 few people bother with them.
Legs of Jelly

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That happens all the time on TT , well it does to me all the time and sometimes I get a little frustrated. But i am sure that no one meant to be ignorant or rude, just unable to answer your specific question. I do find that I can go days without posting a single thing then others 20- 50 posts, thats TT life. Cool

wilbur4s

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the gear heads do hang out in the Gear section, so maybe ask again there. In response to that thread I'd say use it, trash it and take it back.
In response to this thread (and I am by no means wanting to cause offence, and I risk being shot down in flames) what do you hope to achieve by this post? For someone to say "oh no please don't go"? . It will be a loss, but as with Duncan (are we allowed to mention his name?) If you want to go you'll go.......

There will always be silly threads, it's called a bit of fun. If you don't want to read them.....don't!

TT still has a lot to offer......I just wonder if you're still here to read this?
user134098

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Time to find another forum Reply with quote

Quadzilla wrote:
I think it's been in the pipeline for a while now, so to go through taking even more piccies and posting on the forum for some simple advice and to get 69 views and only one reply has really nailed it for me!

This is not the first time I've had little response but it just makes me think that unless you're in the 'clique' you can't get away with talking about 'what do you eat for breakfast', what's the longest poo you've ever done', 'do you like dentists' and all the other inane topics that fly about and get hundreds of replies!!!!

Don't get me wrong this has been an extremely informative forum and I've certainly learned alot and met a few nice people.

Maybe it's cos I'm Welsh. Maybe it's cos I'm sometimes too frank. Maybe it's cos I don't say the very first thing that comes into my head and post it in a forum.
There's a lot of intelligent and talented people on here but some of them let themselves down by being conceited.

With my topic headline I can once again guarantee loads of 'views' but very little replies so will prove once again that you have to be in the 'clique' to get noticed!!

Adios amigos it's been emotional! QZ Wink

I seem to remember that you've been at this crossroads before, but right now you remind me of an old girlfriend who used to phone me up to tell me she wasn't going phone me anymore.
wiganer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people are never happy are they.........

I AM THOUGH......Long Live TT !!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: