Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Anyone visited Triuk?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sue

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:26 pm    Post subject: Anyone visited Triuk? Reply with quote

Hi folks Smile
just wondered if anyone had been to the TRIUK shop in Yeovil Question
Have been speaking to a gentleman who has offered to "fit" me onto a bike and into a wet suit Very Happy ( I say "gentle"man since it is my first fitting Embarassed )
Anyone had any experiance of these folk -should I trust them with my body Shocked Sounded genuine and knowledgeable on the phone. If anyone also needs (or infact wants) to be handled in this way I need a navigator, otherwise I shall pick up all the right "moves" and let you know. Didn't realise Triathlon would be this interesting Wink
Andy_S

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sue,

This is none of my business but isn't Sigma Sport in Hampton Wick closer to you than Yeovil? They sell loads of bikes, many geared towards tri and also offer the bike fitting service. I've visited them once and they had plenty of time for my pointless questions and plenty of stock to gawp at. They have a web site here: http://www.sigmasport.co.uk/

I don't boubt that TriUK are a very good shop but it can get awkward when the warrenty holder of your bike is miles away.

Andy.
ed_m

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did they offer to do some 'tasteful glamour shots' with you too?
Sue

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy Smile hi
I did think about Sigma but Triuk have come up with a much better deal, I think Confused I'm not comitted to going yet but need to let them know since the bike thats on offer may "go". Other people must buy mail order, at race events, etc -what have you found with after sales Shocked I do have a list of questions to ask Triuk when I ring back, warrenty being one of them. It's all so much of a dilemma Shocked
ed --my man indoors has only just picked himself up from the floor laughing Laughing thinking about me and glamour shots Evil or Very Mad -but I think I'll follow your line of thought Wink
slowpoke rodriguez

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sue, Andy has a point - will you really want to go all the way back to Yeovil if there's a problem with the bike, or even for it's free first service. I understand your dilemna though and I had exactly the same when I was buying my bike ie TriUK offered me a great deal (as did Total Fitness Bath) but Sigma sport didn't appear to want to discount at all. As I was only enquiring at that stage I didn't push it any further, but it's always worth asking Sigma whether they would match, or at least get close to the deal that TriUK have offered you. Nothing lost by asking anyway.

In the end I bought from Climb on Bikes in Hereford as they are local(ish) and offered the bike I wanted at the best price.
thinman220

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again bike and run and Tri and run. Both are in London and offer great service. Your main reason for going to Tri-uk should be for the products they have so if it's a softride etc then go to them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: