Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
If only.....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stealth Attack

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:29 am    Post subject: If only..... Reply with quote

Spent an enjoyable afternoon yesterday at Sigma Sport with Craig Campion. In their shop window was a matt black Cervelo P3-SL with carbon cranks and dura-ace componentry. No price tag, but as they say, if you need to ask, you can't afford it! But we can all dream!

Craig heralds from Essex and asked me about races in that area for next year. he mentioned the Clacton races, but to be honest, Essex is one part of the country that I have never raced in. Is there anybody out there who is familar with the race scene in Essex who could help Craig out? He is mainly interested in Olympic distance races but I did suggest that it was worth looking at sprint races as part of the build up to more important events.

Giantman

See my blog at : http://www.tri247.com/columns/rob_holloway.html
Foggy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: If only..... Reply with quote

Giantman wrote:
Spent an enjoyable afternoon yesterday at Sigma Sport with Craig Campion. In their shop window was a matt black Cervelo P3-SL with carbon cranks and dura-ace componentry. No price tag, but as they say, if you need to ask, you can't afford it! But we can all dream!

Bloody gorgeous isnt it Very Happy I tried not to look at it with the way my budget had gone out the window I didnt wanna risk taking it home Smile

Giantman wrote:

Craig heralds from Essex and asked me about races in that area for next year. he mentioned the Clacton races, but to be honest, Essex is one part of the country that I have never raced in. Is there anybody out there who is familar with the race scene in Essex who could help Craig out? He is mainly interested in Olympic distance races but I did suggest that it was worth looking at sprint races as part of the build up to more important events.

I have heard some good things about Clacton and know a few people from here did it this year so they should be able to give some decent info on it Smile
ukironman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For sprint distances, we have loads of Essex boys and girls come to the midweek series. TriSport Epping may have the odd race or two I think.
www.teamoutrageous.com
Idea
ktm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cambridge is a good race, and only a little way out of Essex!
FaST

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They say its not about the bike....but would think the very thought of having spent that amount of dosh would have to make you go quicker Very Happy
cyco

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the Grays Sprint last year and it was one of the most enjoyabe races I did all season Smile
Tunafish

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for this thread Giantman, I might do a few sprint distances to get used to transition and improve my speed.

I will be looking at the events calender for next year, theres a few that i want to do, and i am planning on filling in the dates for more meets to gain experience and speed Twisted Evil

My aim for next year is an oly distance in under 2.15 Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: