Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Fastblast Knockout Triathlon-Stirling

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ali L

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Fastblast Knockout Triathlon-Stirling Reply with quote

Well, the eye popping, lung bursting, music pumping Fastblast Knockout Triathlon has now taken place! The question "How fast, can you blast!" has now been answered Exclamation Razz Razz Razz

Hopefully it was all you expected and you have got your breath back (spectators as well!)

Results in a VERY closely contested final, with less than 1min separating all of the athletes, were:

1st - Kirsty McWilliam
2nd - Kerry Lang
3rd - Peter Anderson
4th - Ben McCullough-Young
5th - Andrew Hood
6th - Craig Dale
7th - Graham Scobie
8th - Gary Milne
9th - Rory Methven
10th - Greg Turner

This is the first time this event and indead this format has EVER been used! From an organisers point of view we tried to keep things simple and make it work-which we think it did.

We are keen to hold another race, probably in September, but this depends on demand / interest. So if you or others in your club would be interested please let us know! It will only work with a full field!

Having delivered it once we would look to adapt things, reducing the handicap and probably giving it to females and those aged 15 and under only.

Some of the other things we would like to do are:

- increase the field size to nearly 100 with those elimninated in round 1 going into a separate event (like a B competition), where they would race towards there own round 2, semi final & final.This would create 2 finals and most people would get 3 races!!!!!! (can you handle it!!!!!!)

- Qualifiers from the initial first round would be split across the second round heats, rather than moving as a group into round 2.

There are other things we will add as well to make for an even more exciting and spectator friendly format! But believe me, this is only the begining!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alison
Oxygen Events
T-rex of Tri

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like it was a great night Ali, well done on an exciting new format.
Rory_methven

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The final was made even worse since there was only 3 of us going from scratch!! Crying or Very sad
Tom Chambers

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was an amazing new format of racing, 200m swim, 3km bike then 800m run. It hurt like hell, but as I progressed my times got faster as my body adapted to the intensity.

This format is great for spectators and hopefully TV coverage, I would urge anyone looking for something different that allows family and friend to see exciting racing to try the next event.

This will grow and grow, well done to Alison, John and everyone else who helped make such a great event.

Did I mention how much my legs hurt?

Tom
SF

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the record for a post resurrection?

To cut a long story short - thanks for the suggestions in the general forum for what makes a good race a good race.

This is the race I'd like to get up and running again - an indoor 'open water' format with a 200m swim, 3km bike, 800m run.

A knockout format similar to the ITU world cup format where after the first heat the race splits into winners (who compete in the trophy competition) and everyone else who would filter into a cup competition.

Entry fee would be 20 and we'd put up money for the top 3 in each race. 10, 7, 5.

Heats would be seeded based on a system that I've not invented yet (work in progress) and it would be a great opportunity for a tough training session or to have a go at grand prix style of racing - something a bit different.

Is this something people would be interested in?
Jorgan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SF wrote:
What's the record for a post resurrection?

I once went onto the unanswered post list, and replied to the oldest one Wink
Paul McG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! That was one of my favourite (and most painful) races ever (think I did it twice).

It always felt like a format who's time would come. Maybe that's now. It has some similarities with the World League thing (or whatever it's called) in Jersey in a couple of weeks.

Best of luck. I'd certainly enter if it was resurrected.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: