Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Happy Birthday Baby Jesus !
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dr dre

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bah humbug indeed , I already have my infaltable xmas tree up at work !

Well decided that if i am gonna get a ttrainer it might as well be now so i can use it between now and xmas so have just order the hyper mag alu lw from wiggle

http://www.minoura.co.jp/index-et.html

bring it on merry xmas from me

anyway gotta go do the washing up from last night before my swim/spin session today, think The Darkness will help me get thru it !
EL,s

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i,ve already had my main pressie . Er indoors got me a Giant TCR carbon.I would like to get a new HRM but I think I would be pushing my luck even mentioning it at the moment.
Andy_S

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Connor on Christmas, really find it all very depressing. We have to spend all our spare November and December money on Christmas presents and we end up being broke until the spring time. I know itís not about the receiving but the stuff I get gets left in the bag it came in and stuffed in a cupboard. Even with priming the family as to what I want doesnít help. For instance, this year I said Iíd have money to put towards a wet suit, doesnít matter how much and any would be a big help but they bought me something from the high street. I gave them a list of stuff from Wiggle or vouchers for Virgin but they had to get me some #@?#. Donít know what it is but I know its #@?# because they said Iíd really like it! Iím not the person they think I am.

Weíre also obliged to visit them on Christmas morning, regardless of any arrangements or wishes we might have for the day. That means we donít get home until about midday and spend the day being annoyed from the visit. Its our first day off work and we just want to rest and chill. As for work, they donít want to know me all year round then want me to go out for a drink with them thatís miles away in some dive of a pub I donít know. Itís not like theyíll want to know me after Christmas either.

This year WILL be different. Iím not going down mothers on the day and Iím not going out for a works drink. I donít drink anyway. Weíll see how it pans out. This will be the first time in 15 years of being with the Mrs weíre doing our own thing on the day.

Anyway, thatíll do for the rant, what I want is this:

To be happy during the holiday period and really get some quality rest time,
A Cervelo Dual,
Any money to get my wet suit.

I donít care for Christmas trees or card giving either, what is that all about? ďhereís a card from me, oh thanks a card from youĒ. Sorry, slipped into another rant.
Big Bopper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not that sentimental about not working at Xmas. I'll gladly do it. The last time I did it it was treble pay plus unsocial hours!

BB
not_connor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yipe.. can we start are own anti Xmass club
Robert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to put my Jack Dee hat on...

Xmas is all a con anyway, designed to part the masses from the money in the most efficient way imaginable. More trade is done is the first 3 weeks of December than for the the following three months!

Santa - advertising rip-off! What we imagine to be Father Christmas is no more than a 1920s Coca-Cola mascot.

Tree/lights/snow/etc. - picture postcard rubbish that doesn't reflect truth. It was first conjured up by Dickens as being the idyllic setting (copied from Scandinavian or German traditions, I think). Since when has it snowed on xmas day? And fir trees? In England?

Turkey - what? Since when? It's not even native to anywhere except USA. This is a case of us copying them and getting it wrong - they use it for Thanksgiving, not xmas!

As for cards....biggest waste of money ever! A good excuse to drop a card to someone you haven't spoken to in years and feel guilty about it. But most people will send cards to...work colleagues (see them every day) and family (you live with them). Why not just talk to them instead?

Uh-oh! I'm starting to boil over....
dr dre

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blimey scrooge central !!!!! I love xmas and I love taking time to buy pressies for people. Thats the best bit for me. Only got two left to get !

Robert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But you've got a baby now - xmas is allowed for children, we can forgive them almost anything. Aaaaah!

But there's nothing sweet and innocent about those hordes down Woolies trying to get last-minute presents. Evil or Very Mad

PS - I was there to get some CDs to keep me away from the Superman/Indiana/Starwars/Bond repeats on the box. Wink
Simon_B

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one thing I hate about Christmas is... in fact there are two things I hate about Christmas... in fact... (actually I can only think of two) is that one, being a shopaholic I hate the fact I suddenly have to queue to buy something, or have to kick people out of the way in HMV to look at the CDs or something, and the second think I hate about Christmas (and New Years) is all that all the amateur drunks come out to play and make fools of themselves, where as being a professional drunk I make a fool of myself every week. Wink
Robert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With you there, Chirpa! Hic!
dr dre

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i get most of my stuff online - no queing , but your right about the p*ssheads, can live without the works party.

oh and the brat is not getting anything from me ! she's too "ikkle" to know anyway ! ha ha
Robert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baaaaaaaad Santa!
dr dre

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i'm lying , i'm buying her the complete works of beatrix potter !

she'll thank me later
slowpoke rodriguez

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love christmas but hate all the advertising on the childrens TV channels for it - I was trying to watch Bugs Bunny with my three year old yesterday afternoon but had to turn it over. The advertising aimed at kids is horrifying - its incessant high pressure stuff portraying endless images portraying what a happy child you will be if you buy their product.

I gather that in Sweden advertising aimed at children is banned - this is a fantastic idea.
Robert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partly banned in Italy and France too - can only air with restrictions on content.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: