Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
The sub 3 hour marathon training thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 369, 370, 371, 372, 373  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stenard

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenboy wrote:
number /goody bag picked up last night. Expo is good, i was 240 lighter within 20mins Shocked Drove back home along the embankment towards westminster and got pretty excited, barriers are already being placed. Those last few miles really are fantastic if you've the energy to pick your head up and have a look around Very Happy

stay strong and relaxed everyone, its going to be a great day

Heading there this evening. What kind of stuff did you splash the cash on? VLM specific merch, or general kit that you were able to try on given the vendor booths?
gingerbongo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenboy wrote:
number /goody bag picked up last night. Expo is good, i was 240 lighter within 20mins Shocked Drove back home along the embankment towards westminster and got pretty excited, barriers are already being placed. Those last few miles really are fantastic if you've the energy to pick your head up and have a look around Very Happy

Bl00dy dentists!! Shocked Wink Very Happy

I'm kind of sad that i'm missing the expo, as it's part of the experience, but it's certainly not worth the hassle in logisitics for me to make it there.

Had a truly awful 2 miles at tmp yesterday, so just trying to banish the taper nonsense running through my head at the moment. Getting to the point where i'm struggling to concentrate on work now as i'm getting all excited and nervous!
TriSam

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting 2nd hand nerves! With all the excitement on Strava and Facebook, I'm feeling majorly left out. Hopefully standing at the side of the road at mile 22 will make me realise that it's not all fun and games.

What'd you spent 240 on?!
twhat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gingerbongo wrote:
chickenboy wrote:

Bl00dy dentists!! Shocked Wink Very Happy

I'm kind of sad that i'm missing the expo, as it's part of the experience, but it's certainly not worth the hassle in logisitics for me to make it there.

Had a truly awful 2 miles at tmp yesterday, so just trying to banish the taper nonsense running through my head at the moment. Getting to the point where i'm struggling to concentrate on work now as i'm getting all excited and nervous!

glad its not just me. i havent run since monday and might just rest up now. My glands have settled and the sore throat has gone.. just have a bit of a snotty nose but i do still feel lethargic. Think i'll be 'reet by sunday though...

Its just taperitis, its just taperitis, its just taperitis.........

Off to the expo after work tonight. I surely dont need another pair of trainers?
chickenboy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha, I forgot to mention that I drove back in my Audi Very Happy

I got sucked into the Hoka stand and ended up shedding 100 for a pair of hoka tracers. I then thought I'll buy my daughter some running tights, skins had a discount on, (of course they did!) then I felt bad that I'd not bought my youngest daughter or Wifey a pair. So three pairs of skins at 140 Mad

Then 15 on parking and 11.50 on congestion charge.

What a mug!!!!!!!!
gingerbongo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB - Haha!! You're a very kind dad really!

and Twhat - of course you need more shoes! why wouldn't you?!

Let me know if you see Osprey up there selling their new race vest at a discount, as i'm going to buy one of those for my summer ultras!
YKK

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea GB, I could do with an Ultra Vest. My current setup is shocking. I am down there this evening, if I get there early enough I wil let you know. Will be catching public transport (unlike some) however...

TS, you could of course just qualify the easy way by knocking out a 3:04 mara, rather than the elusive 1:15...

As for running, I am running a little every day just to tick over. Ran a mileish at maraish pace slightly downhill yesterday and found it remarkably easy. That never happens in real life!
gingerbongo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i did a fair bit of research, and did my Dartmoor crossing last year in the Salmon one. Beautiful piece of kit, but i can't find it anywhere below 120. Now i don't mind splashing the cash every now and again on fun stuff, but that's just nuts!

I love Osprey bags as it is, and couldn't understand them not having a race vest ... then they go and release one this spring. It's around 70 in the shops, so close ot half the price of the Salomon, a teenie bit heavier but their kit is always so well thought out and well made!

I've just been coming up with my (dream) pacing splits - how hard can 4 consecutive sub-19 5kms be with a little sprint at the end?!
Stupid Me Stupid Eye Popping
TriSam

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gingerbongo wrote:

I've just been coming up with my (dream) pacing splits - how hard can 4 consecutive sub-19 5kms be with a little sprint at the end?!
Stupid Me Stupid Eye Popping

A little sprint being another 4 5km? Wink
chickenboy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, 4x 5km with a little sprint would be a nightmare scenario Very Happy i'm starting to worry about you now GB
gingerbongo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad

haha - yeah, make that 8 x 5km with a cheeky (2.2km) sprint at the end.

People have been worrying about me for a long time now CB ... it hasn't helped them or me! haha
triathlondaz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you go to bed and wake up with your coccyx very sore yet you haven't banged it or done anything to it?? WTF hurts like hell Confused
Little Miss Happy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really pleased I don't have to go to the expo. Did it the first year I ran London and that was enough for me. It's the one drawback to the race really (if you ignore the fact that it's in London, very busy etc etc:-)

Unusual injury triathlondaz - hope it disappears as quickly as it came.
JeffB

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly I've deferred until next year. Haven't felt very well today and it isn't worth the risk.

Obviously a bit disappointing as I'd started to look forward to it and a few days rest has left me feeling ready to go. Niggles have eased quite a bit as well.

All things being well I'm still coming down to watch and shout you on as I'm too tight to waste all the money we've spend on the hotel and train (Yorkshireman!).

Will never know about the sub-3 but there's another day for that.

Jeff
chickenboy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff- sorry to hear that buddy, but I've been there and done the same. Definitely the right decision if you feel crap. Think of all that beer you can now drink over the weekend 😂
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 369, 370, 371, 372, 373  Next
Page 370 of 373

Jump to: