Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
The Official TT Football Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 323, 324, 325  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
savaloy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbs62 wrote:
Quote:
Also a hammers fan. It's so tight at the moment between those not challenging for top 4 slots that I can see alot more twists and turns before the end of the season. Concerned about how much money we need to raise to pay off Sheffield United and the effect the collapse of Icelandic owners' treasure chest is going to have come January. Good point yesterday and at Anfield the week before last though.

Without Ashton we look pretty lightweight upfront. Cole is definitely not a premiership striker and Ashton is made of glass. Hardworking in midfield but little creativity but at last starting to look a bit solid at the back. I think if we keep the squad together we may stay up but that is looking unlikely.

Good points - we've been here a few times before haven't we Very Happy
J50

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you could get a couple of players signed up that will save you again, regardless of whether they are eligible to play or not??? Smile Smile
Rooney

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DUNDEE Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Scottish 1st Division

and

LIVERPOOL Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
stu l-p

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i'm a brighton fan - not much to cheer about at the moment. started well beat man city in the carling cup and its been all downhill since then. flirting with relegation at the moment - at least we've got a new ground to look forward to (somewhen!)
newarktricky

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a forest fan - clue is in my user name Wink

Not going at all well is it? Rolling Eyes Dunno about Calderwood, seems to delight in playing people out of position. They are also woefully inconsistent (apart from scoring goals when they are just woeful). I dont think they will make 50 points so will be swapping places with the Bin Robbers from down the road again Twisted Evil

Anyway Slacko, 3rd Jan at your place, we will have our Premiership scalp Razz

NT Very Happy Very Happy
J50

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stu l-p wrote:
well i'm a brighton fan - not much to cheer about at the moment. started well beat man city in the carling cup and its been all downhill since then. flirting with relegation at the moment - at least we've got a new ground to look forward to (somewhen!)

Yep, better than this one, the worst view from an away end that I have ever had and one that I hope is not repeated!!

hammerer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for my sins in a previous life i am a Season ticket holder at West Ham. Lots of ups and downs...mainly downs. Its gonna be a tough year this year, no money and a weak squad littered with injuries. Buts thats half the fun of supporting West Ham, real fans with a much needed sense of humour!
I fear Ashton may never play again and Dyer will maybe play once! If we could get a first 11 out we'd challenge for top 6. Green, upson, ginge, Ilunga, noble,parker, bellamy, dyer, ashton behrami are all good players, with Collison and Sears coming through from the great academy. Its just the likes of Boa morte, faux pas, neill, Karzi (quasie) and carthorse cole that are the problem. Oh and Cenzo you North London lasagna eaters can keep your hands off Englands no 1 Wink
Badger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hoarding says it all.

hammerer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J50 wrote:
Maybe you could get a couple of players signed up that will save you again, regardless of whether they are eligible to play or not??? Smile Smile

just read this, another Daily Mail reader Wink Tevez was legal to play for us. The problem was a clause in his contract that allowed MSI to move him on without our permission, hence 3rd party interference. Did you Notice no one complained when the blunts were allowed to sell steve kabba to watford and demand he wasnt played against them, wasnt this 3rd part involvement too. Did this cost watford 3 points and their subsequent relegation Rolling Eyes

oh and sheff utd took 3 attempts before some arbitratrion panel ruled in their favour. How can Tevez single handedly keep us up when he didnt score a goal until March. He wasnt in goal when we beat Aresenal at the emirates with a string of top quality saves! and he didnt score in the 3-0 win at Wigan either! He did paly when we lost 3-0 at Sheff U though Razz But lets not allow facts to get in the way of a story Wink
Slacko

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

newarktricky wrote:
Anyway Slacko, 3rd Jan at your place, we will have our Premiership scalp Razz

NT Very Happy Very Happy

I know we're in a bad run of form, but c'mon!! Laughing

With a bit of luck we'd have signed Torres, Kaka and Messi by then! Wink Very Happy
vickich

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunderland
Vickich

I don't really need to comment much further than that Rolling Eyes Wink
Barbs62

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
J50 wrote:
Maybe you could get a couple of players signed up that will save you again, regardless of whether they are eligible to play or not???

We admitted our mistake and paid the fine. What more should we have done ?

Sheffield United should have an issue with the Premier League / FA not us.

Or been good enough over a whole season to get one more point.
Richard

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a Spurs man as well as a couple of others here.

I don't think the goalkeeper is a real problem for us, Gomes lost all his confidence, but seemed to get a lot back at Watford the other week when they kept putting the ball near him but forgot to put any bodies in his way.. Since then 2 clean sheets at West Ham and at home to Man Utd, the boy will be OK.

What we do need is a midfielder with some consistancy, Huddlestone has a great pass and shot on him (ask Pav from saturday!!) but lacks mobility.

Still I don't think we'll be in the bottom half for much longer, and we should (hopefully!) get to wembley again in the league cup. So a decent run in Europe, ideally qualifying again next year, will make it quite a decent season.

A new ground on the way, and things are looking good at the Lane again, I for one intend to make the most of it, as if there is one thing I have learnt from following Spurs for the last 20 years or so, it won't last!!!

sort of.
KennyBoy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swansea City

and

Aston Villa
Wheezy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tottenham

Thank the Lord for Harry Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 323, 324, 325  Next
Page 3 of 325

Jump to: