Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
The Official TT Football Discussion Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 323, 324, 325  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slacko

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject: The Official TT Football Discussion Thread Reply with quote

Despite being a life-long Manchester City fan, I love watching and talking about football.

There are a lot of people on this forum who despise the sport, that's fine - this thread is not for you and there are plenty of other threads about for you to look at. If you must vent your spleen (again) about your loathing of football that's your perogative. Rolling Eyes

So, footy fans, let us know who your team is and your view on the weekends action. Personally I can't wait for the January transfer window to open!

Man City
Slacko
tailender

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea.

Arsenal
Tailender

Not sure what the hell is going on at the moment but certainly not calling for the head of Mr Wenger unlike some "supporters". I grew up through the lean years of Terry Neil and Don Howe managing the team so trophyless decades are something I'm used to Sad
tailender

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then there's my adopted side since I moved up to Lincolnshire, Lincoln City, who had a decent 5.1 win on Friday after having a winless November.
FoulOleRon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to throw my hat in the ring...

Man City
Slacko

Liverpool
FoulOleRon

I think, in light of the economic downturn, we should end the season immediately and hand out the trophies Very Happy

And Slacko, get your grubby mitts off Fernando Torres, he's our crippled genius (or is that Stephen Hawking?)[/b]
veggieboy

Location: Wearing Hokas/Altras/Sketchers and Ashmei - looking good is more important than running fast

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea

Arsenal
Tailender

Man City
Slacko

Portsmouth
Veggieboy

Yesterday was pants

But I'm still not going to swim
_matt_

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thread!

I'm a Tottenham man myself. Quite enjoying life again after not being able to show my face in public or watch Match of the Day for the duration of August and September. I'm prediciting a 7th place finish this year and a Carling Cup win / FA Cup semis - anything else is a bonus.

Although Harry's done well i'm not 100% convinced he'll take us to where we need to be (top 4).

Our new stadium plans could well be released at the AGM today - apparently it's looking rather lovely.

As for City - Hughes will be out of a job soon IMHO. Foreign players need a foreign manager - and those Brazilians don't seem too pleased with Hughes' english style. He also wont be too much of an asset when trying to convice Kaka and co. to join.
tailender

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

veggieboy wrote:

Yesterday was pants

I didn't see that one coming. What happened? Have Newcastle got their act together or were Portsmouth woeful? Desperately want Tony Adams to do well.
Badger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tailender wrote:
Terry Neil

I loved his sports bar on the Holborn Viaduct - sad that it went under. Great place to watch ... ermmm ... rugby. No

I'll lurk on this thread, but I usually only watch internationals and some European matches. I've never chosen a side (flirted with Chelsea until they started winning; live down the road from Palace; mate is a rabid Liverpool fan) and don't think I ever will. Love to hear the scuttlebutt though.
tailender

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MattMcC wrote:
Good thread!

I'm a Tottenham man myself. Quite enjoying life again after not being able to show my face in public or watch Match of the Day for the duration of August and September. I'm prediciting a 7th place finish this year and a Carling Cup win / FA Cup semis - anything else is a bonus.

Although Harry's done well i'm not 100% convinced he'll take us to where we need to be (top 4).

Our new stadium plans could well be released at the AGM today - apparently it's looking rather lovely.

As for City - Hughes will be out of a job soon IMHO. Foreign players need a foreign manager - and those Brazilians don't seem too pleased with Hughes' english style. He also wont be too much of an asset when trying to convice Kaka and co. to join.

This is a football thread Wink
veggieboy

Location: Wearing Hokas/Altras/Sketchers and Ashmei - looking good is more important than running fast

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tailender wrote:
veggieboy wrote:

Yesterday was pants

I didn't see that one coming. What happened? Have Newcastle got their act together or were Portsmouth woeful? Desperately want Tony Adams to do well.

Newcastle played pretty well, for us Defoe didn't have his shooting boots on and we really missed Glen Johnson who has been behind a lot of our best attacking moves this year

But I'm still not going to swim
Cenzo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work Slacko,

Agree on the transfer window. I'm hoping that Gomes' recent upturn in form doesn't distract 'Arry & he goes & buys Rob Green.
Other than that, I thought we were pretty solid on Saturday & things are generally on the up at the Lane, hoping Bentley soon rediscovers his form though & not just the odd flash of brilliance.
Lennon is playing well again & Corluka, Modric & Pavlyuchenko are beginning to settle in nicely Smile

Cenzo - In de cup for Totting-ham

"Hold me Vince" - Big Willy 21/08/10
Slacko

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pompey-Toon was all about the 1st goal. Both teams are fragile mentally (as are City) and the 1st goal was always going to decide which way it swung.

Arsenal IMO are playing in a style suited more to Europe than the Prem. They are great against the top sides, yet get humped by City. Arsenal are the only Prem team we've played against recently who have given Robinho any time on the ball.
_matt_

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cenzo wrote:
Good work Slacko,

Agree on the transfer window. I'm hoping that Gomes' recent upturn in form doesn't distract 'Arry & he goes & buys Rob Green.
Other than that, I thought we were pretty solid on Saturday & things are generally on the up at the Lane, hoping Bentley soon rediscovers his form though & not just the odd flash of brilliance.
Lennon is playing well again & Corluka, Modric & Pavlyuchenko are beginning to settle in nicely Smile

Cenzo - In de cup for Totting-ham

Gomes is a much better keeper than Green could ever wish to be. Unless you mean as backup to Gomes? I have every faith he'll turn out to be a complete legend. I just hope all the stick he's taken hasn't put him off the club/league.

As for Bentley - unconvinced. His crossing/set pieces are great but his all round game seems a bit limited. He has no pace and can't beat a player - which for a winger is pretty essential stuff.

Corluka is the next King - mark my words. Looks so composed on the ball.

I'm intend to keep posting is this thread and dominate it with Tottenham talk. As we are of course the only team of any major importance in London.

Might as well get the handbags out now. Very Happy
Slacko

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MattMcC wrote:
Corluka is the next King - mark my words. Looks so composed on the ball.

Our defense certainly hasn't been the same since he left. Quality player.
2 scheds

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man U

Schedboy

and to prempt, nooooo I've never been to watch a game at OT. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 323, 324, 325  Next
Page 1 of 325

Jump to: