Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
And Today I Did....
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 1057, 1058, 1059  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
not_connor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:02 pm    Post subject: And Today I Did.... Reply with quote

Pool
400m w/u (drill side kick, kick, catch up)
then did 30 min none stop dodn't know what distance as i lost count but will go for 1000m Very Happy
then 200m w/d breast stroke Smile

then did 60 min bike including 45min spin class Twisted Evil

good thing about this is i still felt fresh after i finished them both even though i was working hard, i almost through up Embarassed in the spinn class pushing that hard.

but i have to slap my own wrists as i should only be doing endurance (slow, long work out's) till after Xmass
Bexleyheath Runner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good start to the week there Connor.

I've done nowt so far but have a 45min turbo session planned plus some weights down the gym after

Still suffering from a bit of a hangover Razz I'm sure my alcohol tolerance has lowered since I upped my training. Wink
Daz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

had a 30min gym and a 400m swim in pool. my weight-lifting has been very good but ive done something to me left shoulder (inside armpit).....very tender.
BUT despite my ankles and shoulder I'm still going to keep training - itll be a training programme of tiddlywinks (havnt damaged my fingers yet) and hungry hippos (for the wrists.

i will NOT be defeated!!!!!! Twisted Evil
old 140

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good going Connor.

Monday is my day off so naturally today I have done absolutely nothing! Wink
Andy_S

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My week begins on Sunday with the long cycle which I managed before it got windy and rained. 42 miles at 15mph (and now I'm at work cleaning the dirt off the bike Smile ).

Tonight is 10k run on the road, hoping to stay under an hour for that. It'll be my first road 10k so i'll have hills and 'stuff' to contend with. Along with freezing temperatures, I've become a wuss with the cold since I no longer have three stone of insulation. Sad

Tomorrow is my last swim of the year as they're closing the pool over christmas/NY to maintain (ie, clean) it. Sad At least I can concentrate on running Smile But I might forget how to swim Sad
Sue

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good start to the week folks (even sticking to rest days-tring, and working around injuries,Daz is good.) Very Happy
I went to the gym to dritri practise and weights -decided to up my "baby" weights, Shocked so decresed the number, otherwise I would have still been in there Confused
Careful on the road Andy --surface and dark.
Turbo session should kill or cure your hangover Bexley Smile
Educate me about hungry hippos Daz -am I going to feel Embarassed about not knowing Question

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep trying to put a weight session in to my week but fail...just can't bring my self to do it. will put 30 min in about once a month, and i know it would help but i just think actual running and biking and swimming will help my strengh Laughing
Sue

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its taken me months to put a weight session into my training Connor, you just dont feel its as good for you as the rest do you, dont like the "rests" between the weights, need to just do them and move on --having said that I prob. dont do enough each session Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you people think me a coward if I went to the gym to run? I've just put the bike on the back of the car and it's freezing out! Brrrrrrr.
Sue

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You shouldnt tell us Laughing
I love running in the cold (have you heard this before Question ) Its 35 degrees hare, would have been a luvly afternoon to run. But treadmill will be a better surface for your knees. Hope there arnt the wrinklies wandering -but suppose it delays the boredom wondering what they are doing Very Happy ( I had my list this am --noone around Wink )

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO NOT AT ALL

did my long run last week in the gym as it was to cold, it's there use it.

but i am going outside on wednesday for my Long run, can't beat out side (i did run to work twice and once home last wekk 2 of them in the rain so not that much of a wimp thanks... Laughing Twisted Evil )
Bexleyheath Runner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go on Andy, I'm sure we won't mind.

Re: Weights - I hate going to the gym but force myself twice a week (approx 45 min sessions ish), normally it is high reps (12ish). As I hate it so much I just blitz as many of the machines as I can with normally 3 sets per machine with about 5 seconds rest between sets. Sometimes I can get through 4 machines while a bloke with stripey trousers does one machine Wink at maximum weight. Main reason is to build muscular endurance, haven't noticed much difference yet with the swimming but I now found the bike and running somewhat easier.

... and I am pleased to say that after my turbo / weights my hangover has practically gone Razz
Daz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sue, hungry hippos is an 80s game for up to 4 people. their is a little plastic arena and each.......well lets leave it at that and say its great finger/wrist exercise. WHich is great for em, catching the water and changing gear on bike. Oh and picking up refreshments on the run Cool
Andy_S

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a brave soldier tonight and run on the road. Once I got going I warmed up and only my face went numb. For the first time I ran under 55 mins for a 10k, clocking 54:08. I'm well chuffed and a bit relieved that I can run under 55 as I ticked the under 55 min box on the 10k PB thread!

That means I didn't lie as every time you tell a lie a little fairy has to die. And I'm no fairy killer.
old 158

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I did nothing!, not out of choice. I've been off work for 4 week's with some sort of soft tissue damage to my back. It looks like it isn't going to get better anytime soon, so it makes me quite depressed to read about people training. Very Happy

I fight the urge everyday to do some light training. I've spent a fortune seeing an Osteopath, but he just seem's happy to take my money. So good luck in your training, try and enjoy it, because you never know what's round the corner................ Bonk blah blah
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 1057, 1058, 1059  Next
Page 1 of 1059

Jump to: