Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
7Oaks tri 2018

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tin pot

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: 7Oaks tri 2018 Reply with quote

I know a few guys here are involved....why the odd distances?

400m, 25km, 8km

Iím not sure itís worth putting on a wetsuit for ~7 minute swim. Is the bike and run flat?
Sprint '16 1h17, '14 1h40, '13 2h01
Half Mara '16 2h04, '14 2h07
Trail 10K '16 54:01 '13 54:46
Foggo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: 7Oaks tri 2018 Reply with quote

Tin Pot wrote:

400m, 25km, 8km

Iím not sure itís worth putting on a wetsuit for ~7 minute swim. Is the bike and run flat?

Its a pool swim so I doubt you will put your wetsuit on Very Happy
Its a sprint with a slightly longer run. Great reace and great course.
Id recommend it
fat buddha

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: 7Oaks tri 2018 Reply with quote

[quote="Tin Pot"]I know a few guys here are involved....why the odd distances?

400m, 25km, 8km

Iím not sure itís worth putting on a wetsuit for ~7 minute swim. Is the bike and run flat?[/quote]

simple answer - no. there's a long climb out of Sevenoaks at the start of the ride (then a long downhill to compensate!) and after is undulating - you are on the North Downs after all. the run has a downhill to start - which is a steep uphill to finish. the rest is through a rolling parkland.
hammerer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 7Oaks tri 2018 Reply with quote

Tin Pot wrote:

400m, 25km, 8km

The odd distances because this is from an era when there wasnt really set distances.

No its a pool swim and is usually like swimming in hot soup followed by freezing your nuts off on the bike, was sub zero on the way there and snowing one year i did it.

flat, no chance. its tough.

Probably the best local sprint tri around.
Muriel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: 7Oaks tri 2018 Reply with quote

hammerer wrote:
Tin Pot wrote:

400m, 25km, 8km

The odd distances because this is from an era when there wasnt really set distances.

No its a pool swim and is usually like swimming in hot soup followed by freezing your nuts off on the bike, was sub zero on the way there and snowing one year i did it.

flat, no chance. its tough.

Probably the best local sprint tri around.

What he said.

I bloody love this race. Although I despise it on that last incline back to the car park. It's hardly a place where you can spin the legs to start running well. All of the "local" tri's in Kent and Sussex seem to be good honest courses with bang for your buck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: