Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Kit purchases
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slowpoke rodriguez

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:26 am    Post subject: Kit purchases Reply with quote

About time we had a thread where we can stand up and say "hello, my name is xxxxxx and I'm a triathoholic. Today I went out and bought....."

Perhaps SJB you can kick off....... (I'm referring to your delivery from Sigma this morning Wink Cool )
dr dre

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my name is steve and I bought some new ascis gel koji trainers at the weekend, ( and they are very springy ) 70
Daz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im still in cold turkey. last thing i bought was a crimbo pressie for myself of a carbon seat post (long overdue). i'll try......<legs shaking violently>.....to last out until the TCR exhibition. And just take cash (no cards) Wink Embarassed
SJB

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SJB stands up from his computer puts his hand on his heart and shouts out loud "My name is Simon and I love buying things Tri Related" Cool

This morning my parcel contained a pair of OAKLEY - HALFJACKET (BLK CHROME/TITANIUM) sunnies and a copy of Lances book.

On back order I'm waiting for a copy of the 2003 Tour DVD and the US Postal documentary DVD. Should be with me soon and hopefully make the turbo sessions a bit more bearable.

On the look out for a small pump for the bike and one of those rear seat bottle holders. No other reason apart from that they look cool.

Also some race wheels for the bike.

Ohhh and I haven't got a wet suit yet

I'll get me coat Laughing
Daz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SJB, the cycle shop down the road has last years range of QR wetsuits still on the rack. currently 20% off. so the superfull is 240. im just biding my time to see if they drop it further. will let you know Wink
SJB

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daz - thanks mate, appreciate that
AndyS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigma are doing the Superful for 200 at the moment and the Predator 2 for 225 although I got them down to 200 for the P2.

My biggest of all tri-buys is this Saturday when I collect (hopefully) my bike. Not sure I've mentioned I'm getting a new bike? Very Happy Cervelo Team Soloist with Ultegra - 2000. The only other buys this month is two pairs of Speedo trunks, the short style not the pant style, and a Speedo swim hat that's poo because it keeps sliding off my head. Err, thats it. Does physio count as a tri buy? I've spent 47 on that.
Daz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad
I have been unable to buy so far this year. I DO have an appointment with my statement this afternoon though so I'm hoping for some good news. Maybe I can ease myself back into it after the lay-off. Possibly start off with a few energy bars over the next week. Maybe even try the odd pair of socks. Then after a few weeks Ihope to be able to increase my weekly spending and add a few interval sessions - clothing in tri store/carb drinks from holland and barretts. I'll get there!
SJB

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daz Very Happy - don't forget you will need a cut back week every 4 weeks approx of just buying Energy bars.

On the subject of Tri Gear, Andy kindly sent me a link on Ebay for some race wheels. have you lot purchased much Tri gear on Ebay.? Is is reliable? Does the bid go up loads right at the last minute? If I buy some wheels and they get damaged in the post I'm stuffed aren't I?

So many questions. Rolling Eyes
Chris

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have so far this year equipped myself with a Helly Hansen Lifi top, and a pair of drifit running trousers/tights/leggings/pants
slowpoke rodriguez

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everybody, my name is Slowpoke and I can't seem to stop myself buying tri gear. I've been good since christmas when I bought a pair of trainers Laughing and a turbo trainer Laughing , but now I'm needing to buy again. I think I can hold off until Sandown, but may not be able to contain myself when there. The thought of rim tape sends me weak at the knees and if someone even mentions "drilled titanium skewer" I go to pieces.

My most recent purchase is an effing parking ticket. Where's the smilie that has a traffic warden meeting a grizzly end at the hands of a pack of hungry squirrels Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Sue

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been very carefull, only bought a nose clip recently Crying or Very sad
-- but do need some swim aids for my w/end course, plus some more running shoes to break in for marathon --so'll see what else can temp me Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still laugh at myself when parting with a large amount of the hard earned when getting 'drilled titanium skewer' and thinking to myself "I'm going to be so fast with this". As if loosing that extra 4 grams is going to tip the scales into the pro-cycle time zone!

Thinking about it, maybe the skewer wasn't quite enough and I should get some carbon bladed spokes? Maybe get a cyclinder of helium to fill the tyres. I'm sure the scales will tip soon.

Rolling Eyes
slowpoke rodriguez

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy, a case in point of this is the other week when on our club bikeride I was languishing at the back on the way up a three mile hill when one of my mates (who very kindly dropped off the front to come back and ride with me) said in a very sarcastic tone "that carbon bladed seatpost really does make a difference doesn't it" Rolling Eyes
Daz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a titanium skewer slowpoke!? you really do have it bad Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: