Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Endorphine Overload......!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:32 am    Post subject: Endorphine Overload......!!! Reply with quote

I had quite a strange sensation last night towards the end of my gym session (around 7pm). I'm sure I've had it plenty of times in the past to some degree but last night it was quite strong. Razz

This is my third week of proper (build) intensive aerobic training. I'm still looking to increase my weekly mielage but I can't manage any more than what I'm currently doing. I'm also very keen to get stuck in at the moment following about 10 weeks of illness and injury during Nov-Jan.

Anyway yesterday I was a little tired from Sunday's run but I still did a double session (not that common for me). A 2550m swim at lunch and a hard spin class (45mins), 1/2m direct run and some weights. I was so tired when I got home that I couldnt pull the cork out of a bottle of wine (that my female flatmate did for me while still chomping on her omelette!).

But anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that after the spin class and weights I was so pumped up that I could have been quite happy to train both anaerobically as well as aerobically all night. It actually took quite an effort (and fact most machinery was in use) to pull my sweaty carcass away to the changing rooms. I really do think I could have quite easily run myself into the ground and made myself very ill. Embarassed

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced anythign like this? Am I becoming an adrenalin junkie of sorts Confused

Very strange sensation. Anyway made sure I had a REST day today for a change.
Robert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the club! Now you know why I'd quite happily do 4 spinning sessions back to back.

Not sure what causes this "rush" but may have something to do with not replenishing your carb stores quickly enough. I tend to only be awake in the gym, dead tired at home and zombie my way through work. I heard those are symptoms of insufficient fuelling.

But isn't it a great high? Woo-hoo! Better than licking toads..... Twisted Evil
Daz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4!?

I'm pretty sure its the endorphines rushing through my body as pretty sure I get it in sprint tri's, only so focussed on what has to be done that I don't realise it so much at the time.
Robert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah - did a 3 and a half hour spin session in Italy once (with four different instructors). No breaks off the bike, drank about 6 litres of water and prob lost a couple of kilos!!

But, maaaaaaan, did I feel reborn afterwards! Twisted Evil
Robert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darryl wrote:
I'm pretty sure its the endorphines rushing through my body

Maybe you're just excited to be back training properly at last!
Daz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool Cool
was that same time you were swimming miles in shipping lanes and 10k every morning?
Robert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same time as doing the daily 10Km - the pay as a language teacher may be low but I had soooooooo much time on my hands!

Swimming was yonks ago when I were a nipper in Elba - used to do nothing but row, swim and snorkel....sigh! And the shipping lane wasn't that far away, prob a mile or so? Wish I could do that now....double sigh!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: