Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Swim Smooth Stroke Correction Clinics: June 2010
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazycat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A thumbs up for the Swimsmooth clinic from another 'kicktastic' that attended the monday Birmingham session

Learnt loads about my stroke that I didn't have a clue about and am now working on it. Already feeling much better in the water and I'm sure the improvements are going to help no end in my next tri (not going into the bike with knackered legs for a start!)

Haven't timed myself yet to see the progress but a stranger at the pool this week said I looked like a very good swimmer, very effortless and efficient which made me smile! Smile

Thanks to the Swimsmooth guys!

Lazycat - Georgina (George)
Swim Smooth

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome news George - I also thought you progressed very well indeed during the day, especially when we got onto the more specific catch and feel for the water work which (for yourself) is going to be key for your continual development. Nice work!

Paul
JamesBoH

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did my second technique session today. Still have too much to think about and every time I try to concentrate on my catch I forget to breath out under water. It'll come.

May have to practise my higher stroke rate tomorrow and become more "swinger-like" as I've got a potentially choppy swim in the Dambuster Tri.
scrappy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's official: I'm an Overglider! Wednesday's clinic was fantastic, many thanks Paul and Adam for a great set of sessions. Off to the pool tomorrow am to see if I can get that stroke rate up and keep my new found catch working. Laughing
merrowman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I am a frustrated Arnie swimming type..... Having just come back from the pool in a huff I can see they're not wrong!

Course was good last Saturday, great to see a video of myself swimming. I would recommend that anyone going on the course (while not making themselves a pain in the rear) makes sure they ask lots of questions and constantly tries to get feedback from the coaches, I probably was too quiet Sad . While the course is probably good value for money, I think some probably got "better" value for money than others simply by asking for lots of feedback throughout the day, but that's always the way when you have a group being coached.

Good though, but I'm still really frustrated I can't swim more quickly! Mad
MartinT

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gutted to have missed out this time round. How frequently do these guys tend to run their courses?
Swim Smooth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Martin

We should be back from Australia again in November (all being well).

Please watch out for alerts on these at www.feelforthewater.com as we announce them there as a first point of contact and they tend to fill up very quickly.

Thanks for your interest - in the meantime you will find our existing website www.swimsmooth.com packed full of hints and tips and the newly launched www.swimtypes.com also helps to make sense of your individuality with respect to your stroke.

Hopefully see you in a few months!

Cheers

Paul
Swim Smooth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

merrowman wrote:
So I am a frustrated Arnie swimming type..... Having just come back from the pool in a huff I can see they're not wrong!

Course was good last Saturday, great to see a video of myself swimming. I would recommend that anyone going on the course (while not making themselves a pain in the rear) makes sure they ask lots of questions and constantly tries to get feedback from the coaches, I probably was too quiet Sad . While the course is probably good value for money, I think some probably got "better" value for money than others simply by asking for lots of feedback throughout the day, but that's always the way when you have a group being coached.

Good though, but I'm still really frustrated I can't swim more quickly! Mad

Thanks for your post Merrowman

Don't forget as I mentioned at the Clinic, the program we have given you will hold your hand as you go through the steps required to improve your swimming going forward from the course. This won't happen overnight, but following this in a systematic format will really help. What is interesting was that I personally felt you had one of the biggest improvements on the day in Maidenhead...so by all means drop me over an email with anything at all that you are unsure about or have any further questions on...the "door" didn't close when you left at 6pm!

Hope this helps - keep us posted!

Paul
merrowman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Paul
MartinT

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Paul, I'll have a look at those links Smile
merrowman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still a long way from cracking it, but managed a PC of 28mins for 1500m at lunchtime today... Hadn't been below 30mins before, so must be learning something - tried to focus on longer stroke length and keeping my head down during stroke and low during breathing..
Swim Smooth

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

merrowman wrote:
still a long way from cracking it, but managed a PC of 28mins for 1500m at lunchtime today... Hadn't been below 30mins before, so must be learning something - tried to focus on longer stroke length and keeping my head down during stroke and low during breathing..

Well done mate - 2 minutes over 1500m is a great improvement and not to be sniffed at...if I could do that I'd be knocking on the door for Olympic representation! LOL!

Keep up the good work and "use the force" wisely! Wink

Cheers

Paul
merrowman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a week or so on and keep getting pbs... 7min 400m, 11min 600m, 27min 1500m and 37min 2k. So while not really setting the world alight I guess I'm quite a good advert for the day's course...

Haven't spent too much time on the drills, but just focusing on keeping my head looking down, not rising up when breathing and keeping the strokes long.
Swim Smooth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

merrowman wrote:
So while not really setting the world alight I guess I'm quite a good advert for the day's course...

...maybe not in comparison to Thorpe / Phelps et al. but those are some very sizeable improvements mate, so well done!!!

Have you read through the program yet if not done the drills?

Cheers

Paul
JonW

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some feedback for you swimsmooth guys from a frustrated Arnie from Windsor!

Been practising on slowing it down and avoiding crossover and focusing on my catch and pull.

Did a 400m set today where I was just concentrating on technique and not pushing at all. The first length a young guy pushed off just as I was, and was going hard! This would have been a red rag to the old arnie, but I just thought to myself, he's probably only doing a few lengths (he did 2), so just stuck to my pace.

Did my 400 and checked my watch (I only had it only to measure strokes per length), and I was with about 5 secs of my previous pb! and not even out of breath!

Thanks again guys for pointing me in the right direction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: