Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Ironman France
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Fat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh don't worry

I will have my green eyed devil with me so, it will be p's and q's,

but on the up side if there are partners then it will be good for them to have people with them.

i am always mind full of leaving tracey while i go off and do somthing daft, all be it the longest has been 3 hours. but she always comes with me and very realy moans or complains and is there for me when i finish, and that is almost a better feeling than finishing, knowing, she is there.

fast slow twitch

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really like to have a go at France. Connor, I am up for it. My partner, bless, be glad to to get rid of me I think. Shocked Better check though just in case. Very Happy

Seriously Sue Shocked I think with application, most folks can finish. With your solid endurance background, I really think you could do it next year.
Just a matter of convincing nearest and dearest and your away Wink

Have you ever read Chri's Moons book Question
"Deep in my cells I know there's something bad at the end if I don't get through it. This keeps me honest. It keeps me scared. I am stronger because I know there is a consequence. I know I can't get away with slacking off. . Mark Twight, Ice Climber
Captain Fat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's face it sue you have a better endurance back ground than me and i am up for it

longest i have been is 15 mile Mad
Who is Chri's Moons? so that should answer that on the question of the book Laughing Laughing

god wouldn't get away from my other half she would have to come

fast slow twitch

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this bloke has taught me so much and I have never met him Smile

http://run2xs.com/Inspiration/stories/chris-moon.htm
"Deep in my cells I know there's something bad at the end if I don't get through it. This keeps me honest. It keeps me scared. I am stronger because I know there is a consequence. I know I can't get away with slacking off. . Mark Twight, Ice Climber
Cornish Ironman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry - been away from the PC for a couple of days.
The first IM France in 2002 was murder - I was on the bike for over 7 hours! (at one stage got off on a hill and sat in the hedge wondering what the hell I was doing there!).
The marathon was hard - and people were dropping like flies from heat exhaustion - it was 35 degrees. The tar on the roads on the bikre route was melting in places.
In 2003, the bike course was flattened out a little, as was the run, but a comment from Mark Allen after the 2002 event at the post-race p*ss-up, saying that in his opinion this was the hardest IM course around made it all seem worthwhile.
I would definitely go back and do it again - the area is beautiful, the people great, and the support brilliant.
One word of warning though - the only flat bit is the swim! Very Happy (in a crystal clear lake)
If anybody wants any info on accommodation, and how to get there etc, I'll be happy to advise.
Captain Fat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds hell CI

Fst will have to get that guy's book what a man

Sue

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cornish Ironman
Quote:
One word of warning though - the only flat bit is the swim

--emmmmm, so how come I got the impression this was a good, as in fairly easy, IM to do Crying or Very sad
I've almost got the go-ahead except if it clashes with the golf club ball, which I think it may Mad so'll have to keep on working on that Rolling Eyes
-----but I think referances may be asked of my fellow TT folk, unless Connor can do an excellent selling job at London tri Wink

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Connor - its down to you matey. Do you put balls in holes then Sue Very Happy
Cornish Ironman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flat it isn't.............
It's challenging, but hey it's an Ironman - they're not meant to be easy.
Go for it!
fast slow twitch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would certainly like to do it. Was considering Lanzorote, which, as you know, is hot, windy and hilly. The lake looks great. Are flights plentiful - accommodation situ??

One of the things that appeals at Lanzorote is the availabiity of Club La Santa and flights. Have to see what Connor and Sue say.
Cornish Ironman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got the ferry from Dover to Calais, and drove down to Gerardmer.
It took approx 6 hours from Calais to Gerardmer (taking it easy).
For accommodation, we rented a ski lodge (remember it's a ski resort in winter) overlooking the lake - approx 5 mins walk to the lake.
The accomm. was cheap - around 100 per person per week.
It was all booked through the tourism office in Gerardmer - slight language problems as only a couple of them speak English, and my French isn't brilliant.
If you fly, I think the nearest airport is Strasbourg, which is a fair way from Gerardmer.
Given the choice of this or Lanzarote I know which I'd choose.
(I intend doing lanzarote one day though)
Captain Fat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as soon as next years date comes up will let you know, have a feeling it is June so don't want it over my first wedding anevisery.....that i would never get away with

Captain Fat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been looking at Austria and switzerland, both look good but there looks a mean climb in the austrian bike course.

fast slow twitch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank's for the info Cornish Ironman. See what consensus is later on. At least we have some info. Mmmmm Ski resort. No wonder its hilly Laughing

Connor, I think the vast majority of I dot bike courses have a hill or two in. Florida may be flat, but unsure. Whatever, its the same for everybody. Pain is temporary, pride is forever Cool
AndyS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning fellow IM France potential entrants,

Many of these fine people have done IM France and talk about the '03 race in their August Newsletter, here:

http://www.edinburghtri.org/tribull/TB_August_2003.pdf

Very interesting reading. The rest of the site is very intersting too, take a look at their articles. Much of it is aimed at IM distance, there's an Excel chart to calculate your nutrition needs for the race (answering one of my main questions for IM racing):

http://www.edinburghtri.org/articles/

Last edited by AndyS on Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: