Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Shingles
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jon albert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MotivateMe wrote:
Bad timing but as was said before it strikes when you are feeling run down. I had it when I was about 15 on a DofE hike - not ideal timing as I has no idea what was going on and the other lads weren't exactly sympathetic. At the time I was more of a swimmer, but took time away from all exercise to get over the worst. I did lose a bit of weight though as I didn't feel like eating much. I'd say with races on the horizon the majority of training is done, so maybe do the odd tapering session. I would spend more time getting your body ready with plenty of sleep and ensuring your diet is unaffected. Also in terms of the races, make sure your clothing is suitable or ensure the areas are covered up well, as they can leave scars.
TragusInfantigo
Rx Drugs

Ya, it might be the case but no often!
RandyS

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Shingles Reply with quote

Yeah I have had them pretty bad as well. Calamine lotion is a god send for the itch and get a high dose of Vit B12 and C into you asap. It will drastically reduce your recovery time and great for your general health as well. These are my go to guys online. Hope this helps. Cheers, Randy http://phrmreviews.com/r/alldaychemist-com-review-reliable-store/
Daz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had shingles about 15 years ago. A red 'mark' on my back diagnosed by a local GP and just over a week off work.
I felt completely fine. I used the time to get some block training in.

Misdiagnosis or just v lucky, who knows. I know some people who have also had it easy, and others who have had a very painful experience, particularly women.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: