Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
The sub-17/18 min 5k thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TriSam

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to go sub-16 this year, but need to get some extra mileage in. I've been averaging 23.4 miles per week over the last 8 weeks Shocked

I've never done a race around Battersea Park before, but it was a really quick course. Thoroughly recommended to anyone of any ability. The only tiny part that wasn't 100% perfect for speed is the left turn onto Carriage Drive West, which you do twice. It's a 90 degree turn, and there is a lot of gravel spread onto the road so if you're really motoring can be a bit sketchy.
gingerbongo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right. So the sub 17 target starts again here.

Two silly ultras out of the way and i'm not (completely ) broken, so i can start focussing on the shorter stuff for a couple of months.

Somehow managed to incite a running club parkrun smackdown on Saturday, and i'm about to get my a$$ properly whooped! The guys are all in mid season shape ... i'm in off season shape! But, it's always good to test yourself. There'll be 6/7 runners all in and around that sort of time, so a pretty competitive field (for a small seaside town).

In all seriousness a sub 18 would be a good result this weekend, but i'd be hoping to knock on the door of the sub 17 in a month, so that will be the interim target to try and keep myself motivated with no races in the diary now. trying to to get a balance of just enjoying myself without completely losing the discipline, focus and motivation (and thus fitness) that gets me through.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49
Page 49 of 49

Jump to: