Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Windsor triathlon - the thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rizey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

20TH for me in 1.50. Pretty chuffed considering I have had a nightmare few months.

My training buddy finished 2nd in 1.44, that boy is fast! Interestingly he would've finished 18th in the Elite race.

But whats better? Win you age group, 2nd overall or a lonely 18th??
J55TTC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2:16 - fairly happy but my run let me down big time.... As soon as I hit the hill for the first time my quads started to cramp and the sensation of them starting to cramp stuck with me for the entire run Sad

My bike was better than usual - think I pushed a bit hard and stuffed my legs for the run, managed 54 min when usually Im doing 10k in around 48.

My brother lost it on one of the final traffic circles and ended up in hospital with a broken thumb - so rushed off there as soon as I finished.

All-in-all a great day though.
Bracknell Half
Eton Super Sprint
Wiggle Tri Challenge
Ironman UK 70.3
London Cycle Sportive
Thorpe sprint series 3
Ironman Luxembourg 70.3
HSBC Sprint
wonderboy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1:42:57 for me Very Happy
max_power_nz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wonderboy wrote:

Congrats to you sir.
Foggo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wonderboy wrote:

Now you're showing off Will Smile

Well done mate, great racing
doug

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wonderboy wrote:

Well done Will - or should we call you Bill ? Wink

http://triathlete-europe.competitor.com/2012/06/18/windsor-triathlon-race-report

Quote:
In the amateur race, Bill Newbery wasn’t far behind the elites finishing the Olympic course nearly 2 minutes ahead of second placed Christian Faires in a highly impressive 1:42:57. In the female race, Mary Campbell (1:59:3Cool was just one second ahead of second placed Suzette Guerrini.

rizey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Will fantastic result. I didnt know Ironmen were that fast Wink

I thought it was a shame that they didnt do a top 3 presentation for the Age group race. Admittedly yourself and Christian got up as you won your age groups but I think it wouldve been nice to recognise what a great race you had.
wonderboy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rizey wrote:
Well done Will fantastic result. I didnt know Ironmen were that fast Wink

I thought it was a shame that they didnt do a top 3 presentation for the Age group race. Admittedly yourself and Christian got up as you won your age groups but I think it wouldve been nice to recognise what a great race you had.

I know it was a shame. My son was looking forward to coming onto the podium with me!

This was the biggest win of my career and was a little disappointed the overall win wasn't acknowledged.
rizey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it certainly was by the people that matter, family and fellow racers!

Our mutual pal Stew Smith sends a massive chapeau for such a great result by the way and hopefully see you down in the forest soon.
fat buddha

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well done speedy guys. age has it's benefits 'cept when you get old and you can no longer cut it.... Sad

I have to say that HR deserve a lot of credit with the 1st run - setting runners off in groups of 5 every 15 secs prevented any T1 mayhem as it spread the field out. well thought out HR.

and where are the naysayers who were criticising the swim cancellation?? dragging their sorry tails through their legs no doubt. looking at the river flow, you wouldn't have got 200m upstream before giving up - it was way too fast to be safe.

my PF held up better than expected but lack of run training showed - the 3rd lap hurt and my legs are feeling the DOMS today.
Chr158

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is it only me that's pi**ed off with Human Race for not either refunding or allowing entry into next years event?

Did I want to travel 4 hours down, pay for a hotel, and four hours back for a duathlon. No. Happy to do it for a tri, but not a du. And since I paid for a tri, then surely the organisors have the duty to either provide a tri or refund what you've paid for?

And the offer of a poxy swim in the Thames at some other inconvenient date as 'compensation' doesn't really cut the mustard.
JollyRoger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chr15B wrote:
So is it only me that's pi**ed off with Human Race for not either refunding or allowing entry into next years event?

Did I want to travel 4 hours down, pay for a hotel, and four hours back for a duathlon. No. Happy to do it for a tri, but not a du. And since I paid for a tri, then surely the organisors have the duty to either provide a tri or refund what you've paid for?

And the offer of a poxy swim in the Thames at some other inconvenient date as 'compensation' doesn't really cut the mustard.

Oh! you only come on here when life's sh!t don't you?

You enter a race in a river. Guess what? Rivers are full of water. And where does that water come from? The sky. And this is Great Britain. And guess what? it rains a bit.

I am fully on HR side and in fact think they have offered more than they need to.

Last edited by JollyRoger on Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
nivagh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chr15B wrote:

I disagree. The organisers put on the best race they safely could in the circumstances and have gone beyond their obligations with the offer of another swim. I suspect there may be something in the Ts and Cs about changes to race format but really, this seems to qualify for "circumstances beyond their control", sorry.
Race1+

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just wondering what happpens if the compensation races are also weathered off Laughing
fat buddha

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 with JollyRoger

Chr158 - you are a total feckwit. Unbelievable attitude.

I'm sure HR will not miss your attendance in the future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: