Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Windsor triathlon - the thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
tunster




Joined: 21 Feb 2010
Posts: 470
Location: Manchester

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agree - with Jolly Roger - far from ideal but c'est la vie always a risk with a swim in a river (or for that matter in the sea - IM Wales must have come close to scrapping the swim last year?)
_________________
Transgrancanaria, Hardmoors 55, Thames Path 100, Apocalypse 50, Manchester Half, Lakeland Trails 110km, UTMB, Escape from Meriden
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Foggo




Joined: 21 Aug 2003
Posts: 1503
Location: Kent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree, and you know what it was a good event!!
The current in th eriver was pretty strong so I think the correct decision was made + there was apparently a lot of crap washed into the river too. Would you really of wanted to swim in that

Get on with it & race, its the same for all of us. They didnt cancel it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chr158




Joined: 12 May 2007
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so you've answered my question: looks like I'm the only one. That's all that was needed guys, and no need for the trolling abuse from Jolly Roger and Fat Buddah.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fat buddha




Joined: 13 Jul 2004
Posts: 2375
Location: rural Zuzzex

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trolling abuse??

clearly I must try harder if that's the best response I can get Wink
_________________
And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JollyRoger




Joined: 06 Oct 2006
Posts: 2626
Location: Halifax, Yorkshire

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chr158 wrote:
OK, so you've answered my question: looks like I'm the only one. That's all that was needed guys, and no need for the trolling abuse from Jolly Roger and Fat Buddah.


Trolling? Abuse? Where?

Maybe you might consider how you could have phrased your post differently to come across a more reasoned person.

For instance:

Hi guys whats your take on HR not refunding us for the wash out weekend?

All I did was follow how you structured your post Very Happy see ya
_________________
In spite of the cost of living, it's still popular.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chr158




Joined: 12 May 2007
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bow to your greater wisdom and intellect
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SidSnot




Joined: 02 Sep 2005
Posts: 1548

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump - Who's at Windsor this weekend, my first time back since 2006. Quite a few changes since them, mainly down stream swim, slightly new bike course and a run down the long walk
Looking forward to it
_________________
@sidmott
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dee dee




Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 534
Location: Eton

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

havent posted for a few years and I was in 2012. In tomorrow
_________________
____________________
2014
Watford half marathon
Wokingham half marathon
Hamburg marathon
Windsor
Blenheim
Outlaw (Full)
London
Little Woody
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tri it man




Joined: 22 Jun 2005
Posts: 1273
Location: Byfleet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any thoughts on yesterday's race?

It was a return to Tri for me after 4 years out and last Windsor was 10 years ago. I thought the event seemed much smaller and less of a buzz, no real elite athletes and I thought the run was too crowded. I was last wave and was impeded throughout the whole run so was darting left and right the whole way. It was just too narrow to have that many runners on that course. The old run course had wider streets with the run into Eton. I did prefer the new bike route as that was pretty quick but there wasn't any wind either.
_________________
Do you see the cup as half full or half empty
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SidSnot




Joined: 02 Sep 2005
Posts: 1548

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tri it man wrote:
Any thoughts on yesterday's race?

It was a return to Tri for me after 4 years out and last Windsor was 10 years ago. I thought the event seemed much smaller and less of a buzz, no real elite athletes and I thought the run was too crowded. I was last wave and was impeded throughout the whole run so was darting left and right the whole way. It was just too narrow to have that many runners on that course. The old run course had wider streets with the run into Eton. I did prefer the new bike route as that was pretty quick but there wasn't any wind either.


Similar here, last one I did was 11 years ago and was off in the 7:55 wave. I liked the run down the long walk but it was a bit crowded on the section round the back of the castle. The new little loop on the bike was good, I always thought drift road was a bit too busy when you had cyclists going both ways, even though it was closed.
Surprised myself with 4th overall... Surprised
_________________
@sidmott
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tri it man




Joined: 22 Jun 2005
Posts: 1273
Location: Byfleet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SidSnot wrote:
Tri it man wrote:
Any thoughts on yesterday's race?

It was a return to Tri for me after 4 years out and last Windsor was 10 years ago. I thought the event seemed much smaller and less of a buzz, no real elite athletes and I thought the run was too crowded. I was last wave and was impeded throughout the whole run so was darting left and right the whole way. It was just too narrow to have that many runners on that course. The old run course had wider streets with the run into Eton. I did prefer the new bike route as that was pretty quick but there wasn't any wind either.


Similar here, last one I did was 11 years ago and was off in the 7:55 wave. I liked the run down the long walk but it was a bit crowded on the section round the back of the castle. The new little loop on the bike was good, I always thought drift road was a bit too busy when you had cyclists going both ways, even though it was closed.
Surprised myself with 4th overall... Surprised


Looks like you pipped me on time by 20s, well done. I'm age group above but raced with stars. Hottest part of day. 😩
_________________
Do you see the cup as half full or half empty
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12
  Share
 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum





Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.