Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Shorts for Triathlons

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skidpan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 3:50 pm    Post subject: Shorts for Triathlons Reply with quote

This may be a stupid question, but what sort of shorts are the best for a newbie doing a sprint triathlon?
slowpoke rodriguez

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi skidpan - it's a good question. Best of all is a full trisuit so when you get out of the pool you don't have to worry about pulling a top on when you're wet. You'll need a number belt though. I don't use a trisuit myself (cos I look silly) so I do use shorts - most of the main tri manufacturers make good ones so it boils down to personal preference as to how long you like them on the leg, colour etc. Just make sure they have a drawstring to keep them up in the swim! I use Hind ones which are excellent but I've got mates who use Orca, Ironman and Aquaman - all a bit different from each other but all v good. Also definintely worth considering if you don't use them already are elastic laces.
dr dre

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skidpan
I wear some of those lycra swimming trunks that come down past the tops of your thighs (no way I am doing a whole race in speedo style trunks!)and then I bike and run in these and they seem to do fine ( a tri suit is the next purchase as this would be faster ! )

Only problem is with the trunks and my Saucony tri top the missus says I look like I should be on the front of Cruise Magazine. Embarassed

faster faster faster
Skidpan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slowpoke/Dr Dre - thanks for the info. At least I know what to look for in the shops now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: