Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Ribble - Poor after sales service BEWARE
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob43

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Ribble - Poor after sales service BEWARE Reply with quote

HI all

Just a word of warning about Ribble and faulty goods. I purchased a set of Lezyne lights ready for my winter iding. On arrival tried to charge them but the rear light wouldnt hold any charge.

I contacted Ribble who said

Hi,

Unfortunately until an inspection has been made by our suppliers, we can not send a new light out to you.

Once this arrives with us, this may take up to 14 working days.

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Best regards,

I emailed them back pointing out that this breached the Sales of Goods Act and that the contract was between me and Ribble, what did I hear? Nothing, I have re emailed them again no response.

I have returned the light and tried t call them but only get an answer phone message saying they are stock taking. I wonder whether they are in financial trouble?

Anyway I have purchased stuff from them before no problems but the fact they refuse to communicate and tell me I'll have to wait three weeks for a working light is in my opinion very poor.

I for one will never buy anythig from them again. Rest of you be warned.

Rob
theprawn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you paid by credit card, go speak to them and get your money back.

Tell Ribble to stick it and go buy them from somewhere else.
Rob43

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks will try that first got to get them to answer the phone or reply to an email?!
Paolo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email them the link to this thread...kick em into action!
Rob43

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is certainly an option few more peps and I think I will on Monday, must say really really disappointed with them and I was considering getting a bike from them, we'll funny enough no more'
irondog

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R****e are widely known for their shocking customer service. Prices can be good, but its a 'fingers crossed its all ok' scenario.....

Not sure re the credit car, if you paid less than 100 I don't think the money back thingy works
Stivrunning

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Ribble - Poor after sales service BEWARE Reply with quote

Rob43 wrote:
HI all

Just a word of warning about Ribble and faulty goods. I purchased a set of Lezyne lights ready for my winter iding. On arrival tried to charge them but the rear light wouldnt hold any charge.

I contacted Ribble who said

Hi,

Unfortunately until an inspection has been made by our suppliers, we can not send a new light out to you.

Once this arrives with us, this may take up to 14 working days.

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Best regards,

I emailed them back pointing out that this breached the Sales of Goods Act and that the contract was between me and Ribble, what did I hear? Nothing, I have re emailed them again no response.

I have returned the light and tried t call them but only get an answer phone message saying they are stock taking. I wonder whether they are in financial trouble?

Anyway I have purchased stuff from them before no problems but the fact they refuse to communicate and tell me I'll have to wait three weeks for a working light is in my opinion very poor.

I for one will never buy anythig from them again. Rest of you be warned.

Rob

i had same ussue wuth a faulty cateye light 2 weeks old took 4 weeks to sort ,i finally went in warehouse on a busy saturday and made sure everyone heard me,funny they sorted it

and you are right 100% the customer care/service is the worst i have known

but prices are good
Rob43

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny they emailed me tonight with some more marketing!!!!!

Any one know who enforces the sale of goods act?
K.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob43 wrote:
Funny they emailed me tonight with some more marketing!!!!!

Any one know who enforces the sale of goods act?

You do. Speak to trading standards if you must but it will be a long and painful process.

If you are still within your 10 days cooling off send them straight back and ask for a refund. If you are not I'd suggest you send them back as they have suggested and let them have a look. Mind you people who start quoting and threatening are less likely to receive speedy service.. Possibly...

If you try to pursue through sale of goods the most you will get back is your money and it will cost you a lot in time and effort.

I'm not saying you are not in the right here but buying cheap off the Internet and expecting great customer service as well might be a bit much.. maybe should have bought from your LBS? Wink
jibberjim

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should've just used the DSR regs to send it back, and order a new one - going down the warranty route was a mistake. They are perfectly entitled to use experts to find out the nature of the fault (send it back to the manufacturers) before sending out a replacement - so there's no trading standards issue.

It may not be good customer service, but you had better options you should've (and maybe still can?) exercise.
Rob43

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, thanks for all that certainly a lesson learnt. Think it's the send the lot back option is the best one.

Never had a problem before with Ribble, certainly Wiggle has always been first class. Will chase them again on Monday and see what happens.
mikeslow

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I had seen this thread before I ordered from them, same sort of problem as the original OP, a turbo trainer which has been faulty since delivery and Ribble are insisting that it is a warranty issue because Ive "used" the Trainer
The Vitruvian
K.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeaver wrote:
Wish I had seen this thread before I ordered from them, same sort of problem as the original OP, a turbo trainer which has been faulty since delivery and Ribble are insisting that it is a warranty issue because Ive "used" the Trainer

Technically it is. Perhaps you misunderstood the distance selling regs? It's not a try before you buy service... they simply give you the opportunity to return an item that you ordered because it wasn't what you thought it was - something which you could have identified had you seen it in front of you in a shop.

Had you just returned the trainer without using it you would have been entitled to a full refund. However as you have used it and there is an issue then it becomes a warranty issue. It would be not different had you purchased it on the high street.

Of course it's entirely down to the retailer if they wish to go above and beyond what it legally required of them.
Paolo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think Mike has used the trainer, its just Ribbles stance?
explorerJC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K. wrote:
mikeaver wrote:

Technically it is. Perhaps you misunderstood the distance selling regs? It's not a try before you buy service... they simply give you the opportunity to return an item that you ordered because it wasn't what you thought it was - something which you could have identified had you seen it in front of you in a shop.

Had you just returned the trainer without using it you would have been entitled to a full refund. However as you have used it and there is an issue then it becomes a warranty issue. It would be not different had you purchased it on the high street.

Of course it's entirely down to the retailer if they wish to go above and beyond what it legally required of them.

if the turbo is not fit for purpose then you would be entitled to a refund...I always return goods in that way

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk
www.naturalrunningform.wordpress.com
Running analysis and feedback

Raising money for Help For Heroes.......standby for another world record attempt coming soon...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: