Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
techies please help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
leahnp

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject: techies please help Reply with quote

Last week my Amazon firestick stopped working so I did the network checks, it said I was connected to the wifi but not the internet. I accessed my BT home hub switched off the advanced setting etc but still no luck. All of the other devices in the house still work.
I even ordered a new firestick just in case but it was the same. I finally rebooted the home hub and tried the firestick again. It turns out my home office asus router that is connected to the home hub via the LAN is stopping the access.
1. I don't under stand why it would do this all of a sudden
2. I tried to use the default IP address to access the router and now does not work so I am now unable to get on to the bloody thing and see what is blocking the access to the internet.

Any suggestions?
GrahamO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy a new bike ?

It usually improves morale !
leahnp

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have
Chrace

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: techies please help Reply with quote

leahnp wrote:
2. I tried to use the default IP address to access the router and now does not work so I am now unable to get on to the bloody thing and see what is blocking the access to the internet.

Without that you're a tad stuffed. Can you do a network scan and find it again, or just try the base range manually? E.g. ping 192.168.0.1, ping 10.0.0.1 and ping 10.10.10.10 which usually are what manufacturers set them to.

If someone has accessed it and changed settings (fairly easy if in range, especially if you haven't changed from default password) then you'll need full reset of the hub which may smash its BT settings (and your local connections). I am on Virgin so can't help there, check online and see how to default reset it.

Or go out and enjoy the new bike.
GrahamO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go to your Router control panel and look for the list of connected devices it will list all the IP addresses for those devise and work your way through that list until you find it.

If you cannot get to the router control panel, can you access the IP address of any device connected to the router ?
leahnp

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the suggestions for what ever reason the Asus router wants to be the primary rather than the home hub. The BT home hub sees the router as a wired network for the home office as the network picks up the office pc and the things connected to that wifi network.
user134098

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try switching off the DHCP server on the Asus router. If you have two devices giving out IP numbers, they'll conflict.

Then you can try either get it to accept it's own IP number from the home hub, or give it a fixed number at the upper end of the homehub's range
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: