Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
More Middle East Military Action?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TransitionTed

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
SloggingScotsman wrote:
TransitionTed wrote:
everyones got to believe in something even if its just themsleves

(chanelling Julius)
Laughing

I am not so sure that everyone has to believe in something TT, some people know (as opposed to believe).

Also if you accept that God created everything then he created you, so there is a part of God in you (all worship TT) so believing in yourself is actually believing in God.

Confused? Now try explaining that to some masonic lodges Shocked

How do some people know?

Its a leap of faith
explorerJC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TransitionTed wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
SloggingScotsman wrote:
TransitionTed wrote:
everyones got to believe in something even if its just themsleves

(chanelling Julius)
Laughing

I am not so sure that everyone has to believe in something TT, some people know (as opposed to believe).

Also if you accept that God created everything then he created you, so there is a part of God in you (all worship TT) so believing in yourself is actually believing in God.

Confused? Now try explaining that to some masonic lodges Shocked

How do some people know?

Its a leap of faith

And sadly, in too many respects, it's been a lie of faith too.....

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just do.....and this is going to sound really waffly...but it is true... just like falling in love...or having a simply fantastic shag...you have to experience it to know.

For me I realised it after I answered the meaning of life question (to know yourself) it is a sort of eureka moment.

And really waffly...but equally tue...one you have connected with the base energy of nature...you know [the sort of stuff written about in old esoteric texts and in the highest syllabuses of some traditional martial arts etc]

Reconfirmed in my near death experience, though I accept that, at that point in time, I was on hospital drugs, in a fever spike.

I actually know it long before that, I just did not know that I knew it Wink

KNOW YOURSELF - it really is quite exciting when you strip yourself bare [behave now].

Last edited by SloggingScotsman on Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
SloggingScotsman wrote:
The thing is religious fanaticism isn't going to be resolved by the gun. You need to deal with the underlying causes, and in the ME we have messed up a bit, while at home 500+ of our own citizens got themselves into a place where that seemed the best option. Deal with the underlying factors to that and you will choke supply and calm society.

However it could be a hard European political pill to swallow if part of those causes turned out to be Europe wide austerity economics. There are many causes of societal disenfranchment, and therein lies the keys to resolution.

However politicians wont like it as they tend to like wars to make them look good, while the arms companies clearly love them. So you also need to find solution to both those issues as well. It is doable.

You would have thought that we would have learnt by now that if you bomb people, some will react and bomb back, It just doesn't work.

How do you define religious fanaticism Sloggers?
Imposing your religious beliefs on others against their will.
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mind you (just to blow the moment and give you a good chuckle) but also true......

Set the scene:-

There is me in hospital on a cocktail of drugs in a fever spike. My body suddenly going into a lot of dull pain preventing me from walking at any more than a very very slow inch by inch pace. I slip off asleep.

Long story short I slip off down the passage of judgement (and yes I know brain chemicals going do-lally), actually passing judgement, conversing with the Gods, when sensing my disbelief they send me through it all again, but a more Christian approach. So there is me, on the threshold about to cross over, when I am asked if I would consider returning. Most difficult decision of my life. And while it was a free will choice some requests are difficult to say no to, and I have no regrets.

So was I hallucinating that night in my hospital drug fuelled, fever spiked hallucination? Quite possibly.

Or did I have a religion experience where I was asked to return here by God?

Now that was some years ago, and I take a pragmatic view, does it really matter? It was an experience that I learnt from.

Now EJC, do I think you [or anyone] should believe me - no. I aint selling anything. I respect all religions.

But I might just know something about the will of God, having had a first hand personal encounter. Or a hospital drug fuelled fever spiked hallucination.

Shocked
explorerJC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
You just do.....and this is going to sound really waffly...but it is true... just like falling in love...or having a simply fantastic shag...you have to experience it to know.

For me I realised it after I answered the meaning of life question (to know yourself) it is a sort of eureka moment.

And really waffly...but equally tue...one you have connected with the base energy of nature...you know [the sort of stuff written about in old esoteric texts and in the highest syllabuses of some traditional martial arts etc]

Reconfirmed in my near death experience, though I accept that, at that point in time, I was on hospital drugs, in a fever spike.

KNOW YOURSELF - it really is quite exciting when you strip yourself bare [behave now].

i know myself very well Sloggers....and, suffice to say, all this wasn't put here my for benefit...

explorerJC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
SloggingScotsman wrote:
The thing is religious fanaticism isn't going to be resolved by the gun. You need to deal with the underlying causes, and in the ME we have messed up a bit, while at home 500+ of our own citizens got themselves into a place where that seemed the best option. Deal with the underlying factors to that and you will choke supply and calm society.

However it could be a hard European political pill to swallow if part of those causes turned out to be Europe wide austerity economics. There are many causes of societal disenfranchment, and therein lies the keys to resolution.

However politicians wont like it as they tend to like wars to make them look good, while the arms companies clearly love them. So you also need to find solution to both those issues as well. It is doable.

You would have thought that we would have learnt by now that if you bomb people, some will react and bomb back, It just doesn't work.

How do you define religious fanaticism Sloggers?
Imposing your religious beliefs on others against their will.

That's not bad sloggers......but what if that religious belief allows the enforcement of one belief over another?

explorerJC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
Mind you (just to blow the moment and give you a good chuckle) but also true......

Set the scene:-

There is me in hospital on a cocktail of drugs in a fever spike. My body suddenly going into a lot of dull pain preventing me from walking at any more than a very very slow inch by inch pace. I slip off asleep.

Long story short I slip off down the passage of judgement (and yes I know brain chemicals going do-lally), actually passing judgement, conversing with the Gods, when sensing my disbelief they send me through it all again, but a more Christian approach. So there is me, on the threshold about to cross over, when I am asked if I would consider returning. Most difficult decision of my life. And while it was a free will choice some requests are difficult to say no to, and I have no regrets.

So was I hallucinating that night in my hospital drug fuelled, fever spiked hallucination? Quite possibly.

Or did I have a religion experience where I was asked to return here by God?

Now that was some years ago, and I take a pragmatic view, does it really matter? It was an experience that I learnt from.

Now EJC, do I think you [or anyone] should believe me - no. I aint selling anything. I respect all religions.

But I might just know something about the will of God, having had a first hand personal encounter. Or a hospital drug fuelled fever spiked hallucination.

Shocked

you know something about the will of god? far too many people claim to know that and apparently, depending on which god you met, there are some crazy things that come top of his list......

SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many "Gods" (hey even the Bible admits that) yet those Gods themselves had to come from somewhere. So to me it is a bit of a two tier structure.

Anyhow fortunately I was lucky, I wasn't asked to do anything [in my hospital drug fuelled fever spike remember] beyond return here. No people to lead. No wars to fight.

Now re religious beliefs allowing the forcing of those beliefs over others, well - how old are the religions that do that compared with say Hinduism? Paganism? etc.

Sometimes it all reminds me of the Goa'uld in Stargate.

Last edited by SloggingScotsman on Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
SloggingScotsman wrote:

i know myself very well Sloggers....and, suffice to say, all this wasn't put here my for benefit...
In a funny sort of way it was EJC. As it enables you to experience.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
SloggingScotsman wrote:

no sloggers, until humankind recognises its place in the order of things alongside everything else, it is always going to believe that it has a god given right to fcuk things up

SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
SloggingScotsman wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
SloggingScotsman wrote:

no sloggers, until humankind recognises its place in the order of things alongside everything else, it is always going to believe that it has a god given right to fcuk things up
EJC I agree with you on this. As I said above when you connect with the base energies you instinctively feel the connectivity of all, and the balance of all. However pragmatically the most humans can be expected to do at our current stage of evolution, is to make positive forward steps. You are talking millennia away before we as a species truly reconnect with all. Though general progress is in the right direction. Its why we need evolved inspirational leaders with real life experience, but that will take generations globally.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
SloggingScotsman wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
SloggingScotsman wrote:

EJC I agree with you on this. As I said above when you connect with the base energies you instinctively feel the connectivity of all, and the balance of all. However pragmatically the most humans can be expected to do at our current stage of evolution, is to make positive forward steps. You are talking millennia away before we as a species truly reconnect with all. Though general progress is in the right direction. Its why we need evolved inspirational leaders with real life experience, but that will take generations globally.

its evolution in a sense but I would guess that we are getting further and further away from any connection with anything....

my solution remains simple....when we realise there is no evidence for any life beyond this one then people may start to value this one a little more...however, much of the current distress is centred on those who cannot see any value with what they currently have and that needs to be rectified immediately by the rest of us coming down a notch or two....

Jorgan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish Google Maps or Earth did a live interactive map of where ISIL troop dispositions were outside Bagdhad. It would certainly make for better viewing than your average triathlon.

There certainly seems to be a lack of capable Iraqi military units at the moment, or at least any coherent military strategy and co-operation between various military & paramilitary units. It's going to turn into a free-for-all like Syria at this rate.... the Iraqi oppostition to ISIL being as fragmented as opposition (Rebel) forces in Syria are against Assad.

I'm loathed to talk about western military assistance, as it's been pointed out many times, the Arab world need to get their heads together and tackle this problem themselves. All the west does is perpetuate the issue. The Arab nations have the technology and money to defeat organisations like ISIL, but there seems to be no real appetite to work together to achieve common goals, be it regionally or nationally.

Therein lies the problem.
TransitionTed

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's Nasser when you need him, eh?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 20 of 22

Jump to: