Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
The Sub 11 Ironman Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wheezy

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SGreg, 15 weeks is still plenty of time. Much better to kick back for a week and get over your virus properly rather than tying to force it.
SGreg

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheezy wrote:
SGreg, 15 weeks is still plenty of time. Much better to kick back for a week and get over your virus properly rather than tying to force it.

Sorry, Yes I know that that, that was just my logic whilst on the bike Laughing

It didn't take long to calm down from that thought process, I was just highlighting how distressed I was on the bike!

This week is an easy week on my plan so I'm going to stick with that. Then hopefully ready to push on with 3 HARD weeks. Before my first race (Llandudno him).
SGreg

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There we go, back on track now.

The easy week seems to have cleared the residual Fatigue from the virus and sessions are back on track.

Managed a Park run PB on Saturday before a DIY HIM on Sunday.

First open water swim went fantastic, managed an decent 21mph av on the bike (with training wheels and MTB helmet), on an undulating course. and then a steady 7:50mm run. Not quite where I want to be on the bike but getting there.

Another 3 weeks of build should hopefully bump performances just a little more ready for Llandudno HIM at the end of June.
PCP

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So my 50TT didn't really go to plan. Headset came dangerously loose after about 26 miles when I'd hit a couple of potholes and some sketchy road patches (it was already a little bit loose before I'd started). I carried on till 33 miles then sat up and rode back in because it was scary riding my bike, especially on such a windy day.

Up to that point I'd gone through 25 in 1:03:15 (at 25TT PB for me) and was feeling great although I think I may have slowed to a 2:07/8 based on the conditions worsening. Finished on 1:25 for 33.2 miles but 7 miles on a really wobbly bike.

That was off 238w when I stopped so a lower power than I wanted (0.87 IF).

Encouraging signs but I now have a knackered bike and another incomplete TT.

Got a 16 mile run in yesterday, quite hilly and windy (around 900ft) and my legs and form were gone after 15-15.5 miles. Averaged 8:09/mile and was at zone 2.5 average, rarely creeping into low Z3 even on the hills.
Had 30 sec walks on 4, 7, 10 & 13 miles for a gel.
PCP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

100 mile bike and 4 mile run off today. On my road bike to HR and held 17.9mph in mid Z2 and very comfortable & Could've ridden longer so pretty happy with pace.

Hopefully on my TT with 60/disk, helmet etc and there is a quicker pace for the same effort. Got UK Ultimate 1/2 on Sunday.
Wheezy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

50m tt yesterday with a 5m brick run. Felt pretty good on the run considering the tt felt pretty average. Going to aim to get in a lake at some point this week.
PCP

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheezy wrote:
50m tt yesterday with a 5m brick run. Felt pretty good on the run considering the tt felt pretty average. Going to aim to get in a lake at some point this week.

What is 'average'? How did the run feel with your injuries?

Lake for me on Thursday and possibly Tuesday too.
SGreg

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This weekend was down as a write-off as I had groomsman duties at a wedding to attend to.

So very happy to squeeze in a 50mile ride @ 19mph (2500ft) along with a 11mile run on Sunday.

After a good week it could have been a good weekend, but I think the endless amount of alcohol consumed has probably hampered the recovery Laughing
PCP

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2x20 mins @ 250w then 3x2 mins at 320w followed by a 3 mile run at 7:20's (not a sustainable pace) tonight. Felt great.

Last long run this weekend of 20 miles then a 100TT next weekend and a run off.

11 definitely out of the window now but a possible 11:15 on the cards given a great day. I'd take anything under 11:30 if I'm honest given the course.

Best bike split says I'm looking at around a 6:05 bike with an FTP of 285w riding at 70% (200w) and weighing 80kg (pretty much there now)
I swswam a solo 3.2km with no draft in the lake on Tuesday at 1:47's and it was more than sustainable.
Just need to hold that and then 9 min miles on the run Shocked

Last edited by PCP on Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
TriSam

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great session PCP, well done. Why do you think the sub-11 is definitely off?
PCP

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TriSam wrote:
Great session PCP, well done. Why do you think the sub-11 is definitely off?

I'd need to run 8:30's and I really don't think I have it in me after a tough bike.

I ran 8 miles off a 100 mile bike on Sunday and cooked in the heat. Held 8:20's but was done after 8 miles.
SGreg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my first race of the year this weekend, Llandudno Middle distance, nice sea swim, over 4000ft of climbing on the bike, and then a few hills on the run should be a great test for wales.

aiming for

~35mins on the swim
<3hr on the bike
<1:40 on the run (the run is a touch short) hoping to hold 7:30-40 mm

really want to go under 5:15 so need to find a bit of time somewhere for the transitions, but the bikes a bit of an unknown...

Knowing me I will blow up on the bike and run a 2hr+ HM but its all good fun Laughing
Jorgan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wind was back yesterday, so obviously it was my long ride day Rolling Eyes Did a shorter ride this week, and longer Brick (133km/10km) pretty happy with the run (av 4:40/km) given it's much more undulating than Outlaw will be. That's actually the longest run I've done off a 3h+ training ride. Longer ride next week again, as hope to have a bit more time.

I really don't look forward to long ride day, but to get the results, you have to do the sessions you like the least. I like OW swimming, but my 4300m without a wetsuit on Tuesday definitely took more out of me than usual! Nursing a bit of a head cold this week. I'd recommend everyone doing over-distance swims, as they're the easiest to do time & physical impact wise.
daetho

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a 114 mile (9300ft) sportive at the weekend and going to follow it with a 30 mins run. If I can go sub 7 on my road bike then I'll be more confident I can achieve 6 hrs for IMUK. Next week is my last big week before I start tapering before IMUK Twisted Evil
PCP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ran a negative split 20 miler this morning at 7:59's with a fair bit still in the tank. More elevation in the 20 than the whole IMUK run.

Happy with that. Hopefully it equates to around a 3:50-55 run.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 27 of 29

Jump to: