Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
The Sub 11 Ironman Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tri'ing Swimmer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sure you don't have half an eye on cracking the old sub 10 thread? Cool Wink sounds like all coming along nicely anyway.

I planned on splitting todays long run in half, got to the end of AM 13km and knee gave way. Couldn't run on it and been niggling just walking today, so praying for a quick recovery. Booked in a massage tonight but the guy wasn't really au fait with injury issues, just gave a general rub down. Might be able to fork out for another session with someone a bit more therapy minded to get a diagnosis but in mean time just pray rest/foam roll/stretching works miracles and it is just a twinge. Head knows need to rest it but will be itching to see if can try to cycle by the weekend...
PCP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't understand why I was struggling 9 miles into a 10 mile Z2 run yesterday. Had an easy spin in the evening, had to can it after 20 minutes.

Both the twins (3.5 years old) have hacking coughs in the night. I can't swallow today, we've all got tonsillitis. Fking brilliant.
Better now than next week I suppose.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tri'ing Swimmer wrote:
You sure you don't have half an eye on cracking the old sub 10 thread? Cool Wink sounds like all coming along nicely anyway.

Admittedly, the only time I didn't go under 11 was when it was 40 degrees in Frankfurt! I've had numerous near-misses with sub-10 that I don't really worry about it any more, I'm 43 now and whatever will be will be....I'd actually like to just be able to enjoy the races more over this distance without worrying about times. I've certainly exhausted myself more this year in my peak training block; especially the long bike/run sessions, where I literally collapsed into a shaded gateway on Wed when my watch hit 10km Very Happy (I hope it's cooler on 23 July). Maybe this will will give me the extra I need, who knows.

I still have this annoying cough; time will tell if I can shake it during the Taper.
SGreg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really hard weekend.

Feel broken ATM but sure its done me good. Some really brutal climbing on Saturday, took nearly an hour of my previous time on that route. 7000+ft over some very big steep climbs, (Snake pass, Deliverance, Holmes moss)

Followed by some tough hill running on Sunday, before plonking myself in front of the tour

Nice rest week now then its the final 8 week build plan.

Jesus that's come round quick!
Jorgan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taper day 1 for me Cool
Wheezy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

first open water swim and third swim of the year tonight, two weeks before Outlaw. Don't want to over do it.... Smile
PCP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

10 mile run on Sat, 2 hour bike yesterday. Reduced sessions this week with a bit of intensity.
Got a full distance swim tomorrow with a 59 min swimmer who is going to swim at 1:05 pace and I'm going to see if I can hang on.

Really looking forward to Sunday now, I'm biking better than ever and running better than ever. I would have to have to push bike leg too hard to go under 11 hours.

I needed 1:05/6:00/3:45 but I think that 6 hour bike leg will cost me dearly on the run so I'm gonna knock a few watts off to make sure I don't blow it.

I picked up a knee and achilles pain on my Saturday run and I think I've run my shoes dead. I was certain they would see me through the race but it seems not. Identical pair will be here tomorrow so should have 10-15 miles in them before Sunday. Not ideal but should be ok.
SidSnot

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheezy wrote:
first open water swim and third swim of the year tonight, two weeks before Outlaw. Don't want to over do it.... Smile

Good thing its taper time now
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck.

IMUK rewards smart riding - very twisty as well as the hills, ease out of corners, reduce power spikes wherever possible. Conditions play a large part - you want dry, but you don't want hot for the run.

11:00 is a good time for IMUK, had two real goes at it and ended up with two 11:1x's.

Oi knee, do one....
Tin Pot

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCP wrote:
Got a full distance swim tomorrow with a 59 min swimmer who is going to swim at 1:05 pace and I'm going to see if I can hang on.

That's a really good idea, wish I'd thought of that earlier! Can't decide whether to line up at the hopeful 1:05 or less ambitious 1:15.
Sprint '16 1h17, '14 1h40, '13 2h01
Half Mara '16 2h04, '14 2h07
10 Mile TT '16 00:26:30
Trail 10K '16 54:01 '13 54:46
Wheezy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bolton peeps. Best of luck tomorrow.
PCP

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheezy wrote:
Bolton peeps. Best of luck tomorrow.

Cheers, just at home having a pasta party for 1 whilst the wife and kids are out. Early night then go time.
Won't be 10:59:59, closer to 11:20 but I feel pretty good. Just have to race smart, let the bikers pass and not hit the run too hard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29
Page 29 of 29

Jump to: