Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Protein Supplements
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jgav wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
I got some free sachets of stuff in with a recent order. One of them was a sachet of 'Redweiler' a curiously named pre-workout booster! Another was a chocolate protein pudding, that sounds more like it Very Happy

Having tried a sample of chocolate recovery shake I have vowed never again.

I normally have a glass of milk if I can't get to food quickly enough.

It's actually a chocolate whip, rather than a shake. Will obviously try it at some point. After a long run perhaps.
FatPom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whener I'm away at a camp or weekend of a race etc, I take some Goodness Shakes banana flavour. It's an easy thing to mix up, whack in the fridge for when you get back.

I don't use them any other time, too expensive!
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:

Ready to drink stuff is always more expensive init. My Protein is worth a look; minimal packaging for the environmentally conscious too Smile I get most of my stuff from ebay stores. I generally only get through sports nutrition this time of year, during training for Full distance.
FatPom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
FatPom wrote:

Ready to drink stuff is always more expensive init. My Protein is worth a look; minimal packaging for the environmentally conscious too Smile I get most of my stuff from ebay stores. I generally only get through sports nutrition this time of year, during training for Full distance.

I only use those for recovery away from home. Most of the time it's a couple 'nanas and some whole milk and honey wazzed up in the blender.

I tend to have on/off years for tri vs TT and cycle racing (more off than on lately!). One thing I've noticed is that the more singular focussed I get, the less nutrition I use, even for a higher output or longer duration.

It's amazing how far you can get on water/bananas or Nuun/bananas or just some figs from the supermarket. When I have a running block in a season (rarer now) I found I could pretty much run 20kms on very little nutrition and not a whole lot of hydration.

But there's something about puuting them all together where I tend to scoff more. i think in general, people overdo nutrition on the day but underdo proper nutrition practice.

I'm about to get some more Powerbar Isomax but only because that's what they use at IM Wales and I'll be switching to ZipVit gels. Normally however, I tend to use water/Nuun/ maybe some Cliff Blocks (I like the convenience).
explorerJC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milk and bananas or a milk/fruit smoothie post training/racing....simple

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: