Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Ruptured shoulder ACL help & advice
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ha ha ha

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So were in May and I am still not right. Mid February I did my shoulder in, I have now been to a physio and confirmed what the French doc said, I have possibly torn the ligament in my shoulder and the bursa is swollen and impinging. It adds up to I can't do a swim stroke 2.5 months after doing it, I have maybe 50% of the movement in the shoulder and get the most severe pain in my bicep if I do some kind of backward movement of the shoulder.

I don't want to go down the quartazone injection route and no one has told me it's ruptured and needs surgery, but I can't believe how much pain it gives me 2.5 months after doing it. If anyone wants advice, don't bugger up your shoulder, it's really painful
snowie

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a quick update.

i would like to thank everyone for their comments in this thread, many were really useful.

8 weeks since my accident & 7 weeks since my operation.
After thinking my year was over before it started it is now full of roses.

I completed IM Lanzarote at the weekend in 14:12, which considering where i was even 2 weeks ago is amazing.

If anyone on here is unfortunate enough to get this AC coller bone separation then i can recommend the lockdown proceedure as a good fix.
daetho

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have grade 4/5 dislocated AC joint after a car turned in front of me last year. I have full movement but reduced strength and it really sticks out when I move my arm across my body. I can't put the power down on front crawl either as it feels odd. I've been on the waiting list for LARS ligament operation for a while and haven't pushed it as we have our 2nd child arriving soon and I wanted to enjoy the summer as much as possible. Anyway, hospital called today and have offered me June for operation which I've agreed to. Although going to go stir crazy with summer timeout. Shocked

Notice a few people in this post have had LARS - how did it go and how is it now?
daetho

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No going back now. Shoulder reconstruction this afternoon, all marked up and ready to go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: