Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Ellesmere Tri

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dr dre

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:12 pm    Post subject: Ellesmere Tri Reply with quote

my races for June look really crappy at the mo as I can't make cheshire and cant be arsed with the supersprint in northants.

has anyone raced Ellesmere and can you comment ?

http://www.shropshireonline.gov.uk/sports.nsf/open/38FD4457A1EEA7B080256C8A003E71B9

it does mean bring forward my first Oly by a month but dont think thats a prob.

cheers muchly
Stealth Attack

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can thoroughly recommend Shropshire. I did this a couple of years ago and thought it was a very well organised event. Swimming in the Mere was great and the bike was undulating rather than hilly. With tired legs, the run could be quite tricky as it undulates along narrow country roads. But my abiding memory of the day was when we, and others, were walking back to the car park through a housing estate. Suddenly we heard the grunts and cries coming from an upstairs window that didn't leave much to the imagination. The cries got louder - do I need to go on? Anyway, by now, quite a crowd had gathered and as soon as everything upstairs went quiet, we burst out into a round of applause! Nobody came to the window but we did wonder how long they remained hidden from their embarassment! But seriously, Shropshire is a great race.

Giantman

See my blog at : http://www.tri247.com/columns/rob_holloway.html
neil montgomery

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dre

I've been looking for my first race of the season (and only my 2nd ever) on that very date so I'm going to say yes. The only other one I've seen for that day was a weird swim, run, bike which I can see ending in a mass pile-up of metal at the end as eveyone goes for their sprint finish on jelly legs.

I'm going to sort out the entry now and will get in touch nearer the time - I may even try and take you on in the swim........

Neil
AndyS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neil wrote:
The only other one I've seen for that day was a weird swim, run, bike which I can see ending in a mass pile-up of metal at the end as eveyone goes for their sprint finish on jelly legs

True, but the thought of being able to put everything into the bike and not save any for later appeals. You'd have to take the run easy too, which would suit me just fine. Rolling Eyes
neil montgomery

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dre

I've entered - the venue looks fantastic, thanks for pointing it out. Off to put my cheque in the post box now.

Cheers
Neil
Captain Fat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GM what House number and i might enter Very Happy Very Happy

dr dre

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

groovy Neil - gonna enter it as well - life is to short to worry if its to soon.

one thing though - the app form had no mention of a predicted swim time ? does this mean its a mass start for all competitors ! Gman - care to comment ?
neil montgomery

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't think the form was that informative at all but it made clear that it is olympic distance which is the main thing.

They seem to have prizes for about three categories so maybe that will be represented by the waves. Having done London I don't see how you can properly race against fellow age groupers since by the time you're on the third lap of the bike course it's almost impossible to tell who is who!

I'm putting it down as a 'warm-up' race in advance just in case my performance is poor! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: