Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Best home insurance to cover bikes!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fenn123

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pedalcover here too Very Happy
FatPom

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another for Pedal Cover here. Darren sent me a birthday card, no Haribo though. I blame Wiggle Wink
hopper-tri

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been with Pedalcover for a while.
When I first took out my policy, I was also given an 'excess policy' as a free add on.
Not used the bike/ house claim yet, but recently had a car accident and the 'excess policy' paid out on my excess on the car insurance, dragging back 350 for me;)
Top bloke to deal with.

Team VeloVelocity

Broadland Half Marathon - 1:33:33
Manchester Marathon - 3:25:12
East Coast Tri - 50:54 (PB 3:39)
Grafman Middle - 5:43:33
Beccles Tri
Fritton Standard (EC)
Gosfield Sprint (EC)
The Outlaw
Monster Middle (EC)
IM Wales
Griff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried getting quotes from Pedal cover and never got back to me or sent the quote over Sad
OnTheRun

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griff wrote:
I've tried getting quotes from Pedal cover and never got back to me or sent the quote over Sad

Was that through the website? I tried the website and had a problem so phoned and they were very helpful.
hammerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pedal cover seemed ok but there were a couple of clauses i wasnt too keen on. Basically regarding locks to doors and windows and with timber doors and windows I doubt Id have been covered even though the timber has multiple locks of varying types!. I'm with barclays. was cheaper than PC and 8 a month extra and that covers as many bikes i need up to 3k per bike inc traveling with bikes. You can go higher if you require. you need to phone for an add on though.
Griff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OnTheRun wrote:
Griff wrote:

Was that through the website? I tried the website and had a problem so phoned and they were very helpful.

Yes it was done via the website. Unfortunately this is how I have to do most of my business due rules etc at work and closed when I finish, so I will have to look elsewhere if they aren't professional enough to follow up on the web enquiries.
stenard

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammerer wrote:
Pedal cover seemed ok but there were a couple of clauses i wasnt too keen on. Basically regarding locks to doors and windows and with timber doors and windows I doubt Id have been covered even though the timber has multiple locks of varying types!. I'm with barclays. was cheaper than PC and 8 a month extra and that covers as many bikes i need up to 3k per bike inc traveling with bikes. You can go higher if you require. you need to phone for an add on though.

I had similar concerns and was able to remove all door and window lock clauses for a few quid.
dazaki

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty happy with pedal cover. Moved my contents insurance across from previous provider and am saving a fair amount each month with a considerable increase in cover value. Maybe says more about the last insurer though..!
Andy916

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just requesting a quote from pedalcover now. Barclays policy has a 3k limit on garage contents, although most of the time the 2 most expensive bikes are in the house anyway. I could keep them in the house all of the time rather than most of the time. Garage is brick-built and attached, but has a standard flimsy aluminium door at moment, in quiet cul de sac.

As Christian observed a while ago, an also-theft-prone motorbike costs relatively little to insure, if you're 40-something or older. My 3k Ducati costs 80 fully comp.
TheSlowOne

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 for pedalcover
antht

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another vote from me too Smile
Whisk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pro Cycle Insurance are a good bet if you have multiple bikes in your household. The premium is based on the most expensive bike only, so effectively you are only paying a premium for one bike but getting cover for all of them.

Bike insurance seems to be priced on the basis that you are going to leave your bike locked up on the street and even the most expensive bike lock is only going to stop a thief for a limited amount of time. Clearly that's nonsense for an expensive race bike, although it's amazing how many expensive bikes you see piled up, unlocked outside cafes in Surrey Wink
Chrace

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barclays Home Insurance for me.

3.5k upper limit per bike, unlimited unspecified bikes.
mortirolo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who do Pedal Cover use as their provider? I wouldn't expect them to cover themselves, like Sainsburys for example they use Legal & General who I am with and I add a separate cost for my 2 race bikes, still costs me 35 inclusive a month with full contents & buildings, very good. Their clauses cover outside buildings and don't mention timber for example not covered etc like Pedal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: