Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Zwift, anyone from TT land on it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttowel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pushed one today at the end of a group ride

40.34, 321w

Quite painful that
Buzz_

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
Just warming up for a handicap event. I'm in the utility room today so have WiFi. Using the mobile dashboard I have rpm on my Assiomas, clearly ANT+-only on the laptop doesn't allow that metric.

Is this just a Zwift thing? I get cadence on a laptop with Sufferfest.

Jorgan wrote:
ETA- got a flat tyre in my breakaway 2km from the end Mad Managed to stay ahead of the guy, but lost resistance for a while, and shagged my back tyre in the process! Just too powerful Very Happy

Didn't realise they now had flat tyre simulation too Wink Can you fall off if you descend too fast - or if you are registered as a triathlete do you crash all the time?
Jorgan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buzz_ wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
Just warming up for a handicap event. I'm in the utility room today so have WiFi. Using the mobile dashboard I have rpm on my Assiomas, clearly ANT+-only on the laptop doesn't allow that metric.

Presumably the Assiomas transmit cadence via BT? My laptop is ANT (dongle). Although you'd think it would transmit all data using both protocols. My P2Max is ANT+ only, so that always gave rpm on Zwift with the laptop. Not that rpm is my main concern in a race!
Buzz_

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
Buzz_ wrote:
Jorgan wrote:

Presumably the Assiomas transmit cadence via BT? My laptop is ANT (dongle). Although you'd think it would transmit all data using both protocols. My P2Max is ANT+ only, so that always gave rpm on Zwift with the laptop. Not that rpm is my main concern in a race!

My laptop is ANT+ only. As is my Garmin. Both pick-up cadence from the Assioma pedals. Pretty sure there is no difference what is transmitted over ANT+ and BLE, just the protocol change.

There must be a Zwift or Assioma forum somewhere that knows the answer?
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ it must be PC/laptop related with Zwift, as I get cadence on everything else inc the Zwift App.
JeffB

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signed up for this today now I'm back from Albania!

Steady start as I was in a rush, so 3* 5 mins, easing back in.

I do find it motivates me to actually get on the turbo, which although boring is probably the best bang for buck cycling wise.

Jeff
Jorgan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeffB wrote:

I do find it motivates me to actually get on the turbo, which although boring is probably the best bang for buck cycling wise.

Wait until you get into the races, they are great motivation; basically +/-threshold for as long as you can muster. Very engaging imho, compared to the garage door! You actually have to observe and think about your tactics whilst pedalling away. Surges to close gaps, anticipating the surges of others, where are you going to try and breakaway in the closing kms etc.
FatPom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
JeffB wrote:

Wait until you get into the races, they are great motivation; basically +/-threshold for as long as you can muster. Very engaging imho, compared to the garage door! You actually have to observe and think about your tactics whilst pedalling away. Surges to close gaps, anticipating the surges of others, where are you going to try and breakaway in the closing kms etc.

Yeah it's just like the real thing, not Very Happy Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face. Wink
Jorgan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:
Yeah it's just like the real thing, not Very Happy Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face. Wink

Not worried about authenticity (it's full of 'cheaters' anyway). I just find it a really engaging way of beasting myself!
JeffB

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
JeffB wrote:

Only downside for me is that I'm practically blind, so once the glasses have steamed up or got sweat pouring down them I can't see much anyway!

Roll on summer when we can do real cycling.

I've actually got a TT this weekend, but the forecast is for hail, hopefully after I've finished.

Jeff
mattsurf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
JeffB wrote:

Did race this morning, 4 laps of volcano circuit. I was racing as a B, but hung onto the A group for 2 laps, but they dropped me on a short climb, when I wasn't paying attention, so carried on with a group of B riders. They were a little slow, and quite happy for me to lead from the front until the final 200m when I couldnt hang on to a couple of sprinters, as my sprint is rubbish. I am still no good at the tactics, even though my AP was 4w/kg, a couple of people in the A group, 1m45s up the road were only at 3.7w/kg, I can only assume that they either had quicker bikes or sat in the group and sprinted the hills so that they didnt get dropped
FatPom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
FatPom wrote:

Not worried about authenticity (it's full of 'cheaters' anyway). I just find it a really engaging way of beasting myself!

Yeah it is pretty good. i like the hare n hounds races but hard to get virtual racers to work together because they don't understand the tactic well.
Whisk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
FatPom wrote:

Yeah it is pretty good. i like the hare n hounds races but hard to get virtual racers to work together because they don't understand the tactic well.

I guess you can't call someone a c@#t if they don't come through and do a turn Very Happy Wink
Jorgan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:

Yes, I did a 'chase' event on Tuesday. It was intense, but I think cat B only started with 7 and two went flying off from the gun, and another guy immediately dropped, so we were a group of 4 for most of it, doing our best tbh. When we got caught by the larger A group, I stuck with them for a bit, but got caught napping on an incline near the back, there was a split and sayonara! Then left with a german guy and we TT'd to the finish, until I put in my killer surge on an incline with 2k to go....having my first indoor puncture in the process. Despite the burning smell and lack of resistance for a minute or so, I hung on to my break and shagged my tyre in the process Very Happy

I actually found it was a 'quick-stick patch' I'd used on a tube and the heat build-up had caused it to fail.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whisk wrote:

I guess you can't call someone a c@#t if they don't come through and do a turn Very Happy Wink

There is the elbow flick on the Companion App, but I normally just use my laptop.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 14 of 17

Jump to: