Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
HUUB wetsuits - excellent customer service
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob43

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject: HUUB wetsuits - excellent customer service Reply with quote

Hi there

Just to let you all know about great customer service I have just received from HUUB. I puchased a suit two years ago and a few weeks back whilst putting the suit on the neck line ripped Shocked

Thinking the worse, new suit, expensive repair. I thought I'd phone HUUB UK to see what they suggested, a very nice lady, Emma asked for a photo of the tear and then contacted me and stated that they would do the repair for free even though the suit was out of warranty.

Got the suit back within a week or so and the repair is to a high quality with a panel replaced.....must better than the glue/duck tape option I was considering.

Well done HUUB Very Happy
SGreg

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused Really ?

I just had a very similar thing happen and have had a totally different experience!

After only approx. 8 swims (in about 2 years, I had a year off, and only use this as "best") my under arm tore badly in France. I was fairly unhappy with that and contacted HUUB who pretty much just shrugged told me they would "quote" for a repair if I sent it to them and maybe I should contact my retailer. And its My fault for not caring for the suit properly. And that took about 3 weeks to get that far!

After a fair bit more pushing they have offered a free repair but not sure its much help as after a good inspection the suit is already failing in multiple places any way.

And I thought so highly of them before Rolling Eyes
DonkeySpank

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting read - I was about to push the button on a new Huub trisuit - admittedly a significantly smaller investment than a new wettie but now I'm thinking twice...
Rob43

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I can only tell you my experience.

As for the suit itself I like it, I've had a Zone 3 Vanquish and Blue Seventy, I think this is the best so far. However its all personal choice Smile
SGreg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob43 wrote:
Well I can only tell you my experience.

As can I !

Amazing we can both go through the same thing and end up with such different experiences.

FWIW It seems the suits failed because of the little round tabs that secure the seam joins have started lifting meaning the joints are weakened an liable to part. a few other places on the suit are going the same way.

Worth checking all yours are stuck down properly!

Like yourself, I was very happy with the suit prior to it failing
Stivrunning

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gulpppppppppppp

was just about to part with best part of 400
ziggys101

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stitching on the inside of the forearm of my archimedes came apart (seam was still fine) emailed them and after a bit of email tennis they told me to send it in for a repair. 5 days passed and I rang them to find it had been somehow misplaced Mad They rang me a day later apologising and told me they were sending me a new Archimedes 2 Very Happy so my experience is good, because its not that they lost my suit its how they responded to their mistake which matters in my book..
snowie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting comments on customer service from different perspectives however the common point here is that huub suits seem to have a problem with seams comming apart.

If they sorted that problem they would not need the customer service.
mrchopsaloty

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure a sample of 2 = seam issues. Mine has had considerably more use than SGreg and is holding up nicely.
jig

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had seam issues on mine but have been lucky with the customer service who arranged repair. Took a while to come back but was free so not overly worried.

I would still go for huub if I needed a replacement.
iainm

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting to read as I am going through the same process just now with Huub. For me the suit has torn at the base of the zip. Two years in - so out of warranty - worn about 20 times.

Huub have offered to get it mended - not free mind you, at a cost of 15 - clearly it's worthwhile ringing! Very Happy

I will probably go for this, but I'll never buy a Huub suit again. The zip has been useless throughout, the thread on it keeps undoing during use, so it opens out. Throw the rip in there as well and unconvinced. It was their first ever batch, so maybe they are better made now. I noticed the label says it was 'Made in China' and 'Made in Thailand' - not sure what that means.
stenard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save starting a new thread, I can echo the sentiment of the OP.

I have quite a bit of Huub stuff (an Aegis II wetsuit I use for most of my training, an Archimedes II wetsuit I use for racing, a SKN-1 swimskin, jammers, etc) and sadly, c18m after buying the Archimedes II I noticed the neck had torn on the inside. The external neoprene was fine, but the internal reinforced edging had split.

Took a photo and tweeted them. Despite being out of warranty with wiggle, they offered to deal with it for free (I just had to post it back). Just heard back from them, after a little over a week with no contact. Turns out my return had got lost in their system, and they now have no Archimedes II's in my size. As "compensation" for the delay, they are now shipping me an Albacore, so their top of the range suit.

For something out of warranty, albeit with limited use given I save for racing, I'm very happy with both their initial response to the problem, and the end result. Hopefully the Albacore is a good 5mins faster over 3.8k ... an RRP 650 suit must be, right?! Razz
Jorgan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just mention ad-infinitum, that my Snugg Slipstream is in its 11th season Wink Mind you, they cost a small fortune too.

(they still haven't sent me a free one for all my big-upping them Rolling Eyes )
Buzz_

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does seem that while Huub customer service might be top notch** their suites are fragile as anything. Seems they operate a 'bag for life' policy where you shell out top for the initial suite and they keep replacing it for free when it tares or rips.

--
** although in this case it seems their customer service was also a shambles and they are just making up for it by showering you with free stuff.
mattsurf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only person whose Huub wetsuit is still in great condition after 3 seasons? it was even an ex-demo "C Grade" suit when I bought it.... maybe it fell apart, was glued together properly and sold as C-Grade
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: