Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Intuition - Protecting Secrets and Penetrating Them
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
hermannlovespauline




Joined: 30 Jun 2015
Posts: 162

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
Just having fun.

wrong audience--do you have something better suited to those of a more curmudgeonly persuasion? Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
explorerJC




Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 13804
Location: Farthingstone

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
TT

In the decade 2000-2009 I invested perhaps 15000 hours in self improvement (know yourself, making myself a better person etc). This is esoteric work. Over the past couple of years I have given remote viewing a fair stab.

The man in the street may consider this be be 'psychic' but it isn't. It is just something that few people have had the time to invest tens of thousands of hours in exploring.

The truth of the matter is that the man in the street assumes eg you can write a word on a piece of paper a 'psychic' can guess it. And indeed some top notch people might. However that isn't how it works for us mere mortals. That sort of thinking is schoolboy error.

Just like with tax, there are rules and methods, and when you invest a serious amount of time you begin to feel and then understand them. Then you can test and apply them.

The way that I normally try to explain this to people initially is like this:

1. Think about two women/men walking down the street.
2. One of them melts your heart [I mean love not sex], and the other doesn't.
3. Why does one of them do that while the other doesn't?
4. When you feel that difference, you then learn to refine it into finer and final detail, and apply it to other areas.
5. Its all about learning about yourself.

Sadly most sceptics are blindly sceptic (their beliefs might be confronted so much that they make a nonsense of it all as that is perhaps safer for them). Now professional scepticism on the other hand is valuable as that is objective and actually aids knowledge growth. You may not know but I myself am highly sceptical of many claims made within the remote viewing community.

As time passes, with hard work, you begin to learn the rules so to speak. Then you can apply it. And then you get results. And when you really start to feel the sheer repsonsibilities of it all hit you like a train. That is one reason why i have taken the last four months off from viewing and simply reflected on how issues like (1) am I responsible enough to do this? (2) How can i make money out of this, legally and ethicly? (3) Why are few viewers really applying their work [visibly anyway - the normal claim is client confidentiality contracts, which is plausible, but I remain somewhat sceptical myself] etc.

But the best way to get good at it is good old fashioned "know Yourself".


putting people down who are less knowledgable ( I use the word advisedly) than you is a schoolboy error Sloggers...

oh, and what is this objective professional scepticism of which you speak?
_________________
www.appliedtri.co.uk Tri and Du coaching

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
explorerJC




Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 13804
Location: Farthingstone

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TransitionTed wrote:


i aint no Diogenes but i know a good story when i hear it.


perhaps not, but the same generation, no?
_________________
www.appliedtri.co.uk Tri and Du coaching

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
TransitionTed




Joined: 02 Aug 2008
Posts: 21485
Location: On It Lika A Car Bonnet

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
TransitionTed wrote:


i aint no Diogenes but i know a good story when i hear it.


perhaps not, but the same generation, no?


well, i do live in a barrel (or Wales which is similar)
_________________
Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hermannlovespauline




Joined: 30 Jun 2015
Posts: 162

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
hermannlovespauline wrote:
ss's posts are ace--unfathomable and left-field and never dull, kinda like the thinking person's owd bill Cool
love that there's someone out there thinking beyond the beige Smile


Yes, he's certainly the secret love child of Owd Bill and Julius...

ouch
julius' posts were plain mean; unless ss is simultaneously posting and kicking kittens through an electric fan, there's nothing mean about what he posts
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wiganer




Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Posts: 11684
Location: walking in a Wigan-Wonderland..

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
TT

In the decade 2000-2009 I invested perhaps 15000 hours in self improvement (know yourself, making myself a better person etc). This is esoteric work. Over the past couple of years I have given remote viewing a fair stab.

The man in the street may consider this be be 'psychic' but it isn't. It is just something that few people have had the time to invest tens of thousands of hours in exploring.

The truth of the matter is that the man in the street assumes eg you can write a word on a piece of paper a 'psychic' can guess it. And indeed some top notch people might. However that isn't how it works for us mere mortals. That sort of thinking is schoolboy error.

Just like with tax, there are rules and methods, and when you invest a serious amount of time you begin to feel and then understand them. Then you can test and apply them.

The way that I normally try to explain this to people initially is like this:

1. Think about two women/men walking down the street.
2. One of them melts your heart [I mean love not sex], and the other doesn't.
3. Why does one of them do that while the other doesn't?
4. When you feel that difference, you then learn to refine it into finer and final detail, and apply it to other areas.
5. Its all about learning about yourself.

Sadly most sceptics are blindly sceptic (their beliefs might be confronted so much that they make a nonsense of it all as that is perhaps safer for them). Now professional scepticism on the other hand is valuable as that is objective and actually aids knowledge growth. You may not know but I myself am highly sceptical of many claims made within the remote viewing community.

As time passes, with hard work, you begin to learn the rules so to speak. Then you can apply it. And then you get results. And when you really start to feel the sheer repsonsibilities of it all hit you like a train. That is one reason why i have taken the last four months off from viewing and simply reflected on how issues like (1) am I responsible enough to do this? (2) How can i make money out of this, legally and ethicly? (3) Why are few viewers really applying their work [visibly anyway - the normal claim is client confidentiality contracts, which is plausible, but I remain somewhat sceptical myself] etc.

But the best way to get good at it is good old fashioned "know Yourself".


Do you see dead people?
_________________
Holden Media
BikmoTRI - Easy, Simple, Brilliant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
SloggingScotsman




Joined: 18 Jul 2006
Posts: 2217

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EJC

I have been patient with you, as I am sure you have with me.

Look I only posted this as (1) I was excited that I seemed to have achieved something that many consider to be impossible (protecting albeit temporarily information using esoteric means, which could have a number of practical applications eg preventing info lost when all else has failed); (2) I thought that some here might be interested.

What has turned me of EJC was your question on professional scepticism. I am sure you must know what that is. And if you don't then I will never get any peace from you.

Hence, I genuinely wish you well.

The answer to both the questions re how much interaction I have had with Edward, is on Facebook. The RV forum I am a member of (5000 members) and on messenger.

Now in the event you happen to work for the MoD and have genuine interest in this for British security, I hereby give GCHQ my full permission to grab that information and to forward the answer onto you.

For me I am going to crack on retraining myself and when I have time getting my own viewing back up to speed. Once I have applications that are commercially viable I will take them to market.

Re your comment EJC about my own schoolboy error, sorry, I was trying (and clearly failing) to be tactful to help enable you to see why your post it note stance is nonsense.

However I don't want to row. So I am ending this. Anyone who has a genuine interest in such things can see what I am up to on Facebook, in my blog, and in my books.

EJC I genuinely wish you well.
_________________
Vote Stewart for Secretary General of the UN Smile
Good Judgement Project Brier Score 0.142 (median 0.367) https://www.gjopen.com/
Read: Our Place in the Twenty First Century
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
wiganer




Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Posts: 11684
Location: walking in a Wigan-Wonderland..

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let the barm see the pot.
_________________
Holden Media
BikmoTRI - Easy, Simple, Brilliant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
explorerJC




Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 13804
Location: Farthingstone

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hermannlovespauline wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
hermannlovespauline wrote:
ss's posts are ace--unfathomable and left-field and never dull, kinda like the thinking person's owd bill Cool
love that there's someone out there thinking beyond the beige Smile


Yes, he's certainly the secret love child of Owd Bill and Julius...

ouch
julius' posts were plain mean; unless ss is simultaneously posting and kicking kittens through an electric fan, there's nothing mean about what he posts


i think they were posted by Julius under pressure, when he was asked to account for his 'beliefs' and there was nothing of substance....I meant his usual 'far out', 'not of this planet/universe' posts which were a modern take on Own Bill for their sheer lunacy
_________________
www.appliedtri.co.uk Tri and Du coaching

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
explorerJC




Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 13804
Location: Farthingstone

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
EJC

I have been patient with you, as I am sure you have with me.

Look I only posted this as (1) I was excited that I seemed to have achieved something that many consider to be impossible (protecting albeit temporarily information using esoteric means, which could have a number of practical applications eg preventing info lost when all else has failed); (2) I thought that some here might be interested.

What has turned me of EJC was your question on professional scepticism. I am sure you must know what that is. And if you don't then I will never get any peace from you.

Hence, I genuinely wish you well.

The answer to both the questions re how much interaction I have had with Edward, is on Facebook. The RV forum I am a member of (5000 members) and on messenger.

Now in the event you happen to work for the MoD and have genuine interest in this for British security, I hereby give GCHQ my full permission to grab that information and to forward the answer onto you.

For me I am going to crack on retraining myself and when I have time getting my own viewing back up to speed. Once I have applications that are commercially viable I will take them to market.

Re your comment EJC about my own schoolboy error, sorry, I was trying (and clearly failing) to be tactful to help enable you to see why your post it note stance is nonsense.

However I don't want to row. So I am ending this. Anyone who has a genuine interest in such things can see what I am up to on Facebook, in my blog, and in my books.

EJC I genuinely wish you well.


I know full well what professional scepticism is, I asked what objective professional scepticism is as per your earlier post

i am genuinely interested, hence now having watched the first of the four videos as well as that rather strange women and hence asking previous questions

by the way, you still haven't explained why the post it note challenge is nonsense.
_________________
www.appliedtri.co.uk Tri and Du coaching

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Owd Bill




Joined: 17 Feb 2009
Posts: 2639
Location: Pontefract, Yorkshire

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yawn! This world would be much better if folk with 'valuable intellectual property got a sense of proportion. And told the overpaid numpties where to stick their daft ideas!

'My' bank is safe from being hacked simply because they have yet to link accounts to the net. I can do things by phone because there are people on't 'tother end. AND they know me as incompetent re; keypads!

Being a credit union they have yet to get into the contactless card. And all the extra kit you need to use them securely.
_________________
Owd Bill
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Whisk




Joined: 09 Jun 2005
Posts: 8287
Location: London

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Owd Bill wrote:
Yawn! This world would be much better if folk with 'valuable intellectual property got a sense of proportion. And told the overpaid numpties where to stick their daft ideas!

'My' bank is safe from being hacked simply because they have yet to link accounts to the net. I can do things by phone because there are people on't 'tother end. AND they know me as incompetent re; keypads!

Being a credit union they have yet to get into the contactless card. And all the extra kit you need to use them securely.


Am I the only one who imagined Owd Bill keeping his savings in an old sock under his mattress? Wink
_________________
2016: Just riding my bike....
Hot Chillee ride captain (sponsored by WattBike, Cervelo, Edco, Lazer, Continental, Le Marq, Garmin, Sportique, Purple Harry, Pro-Cycle Insurance, Maserati)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tin Pot




Joined: 08 Jul 2013
Posts: 1831
Location: Bromley

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't believe I missed this laughable thread in November.

I also can't believe SS is actually selling Remote Viewing nonsense. Good for him.

Owd Bill wrote:
Yawn! This world would be much better if folk with 'valuable intellectual property got a sense of proportion. And told the overpaid numpties where to stick their daft ideas!

'My' bank is safe from being hacked simply because they have yet to link accounts to the net. I can do things by phone because there are people on't 'tother end. AND they know me as incompetent re; keypads!

Being a credit union they have yet to get into the contactless card. And all the extra kit you need to use them securely.


No, "your" bank is not safe from being hacked. Believe me.

The fact that you don't use online banking only eliminates one common attack vector - malware on your PC.
_________________
Iron '16 14:30:49
Half Iron '16 5:53:44
Olympic '16 3:18:18 '15 3:33:05, '13 3:36:00
Sprint '16 1:17:03, '14 1:40:13, '13 2:01:07
Half Mara '16 2:04:32, '14 2:07:11
10 Mile TT '16 26:30
Trail 10K '16 54:01 '13 54:46
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SloggingScotsman




Joined: 18 Jul 2006
Posts: 2217

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tin Pot wrote:


I also can't believe SS is actually selling Remote Viewing nonsense. Good for him.

People do buy the books, just got my most recent, admittedly small, royalties today.

And whether you believe it or not matters little to me, but some in the academic/professional world do take it seriously.

Funnily enough I haven't done it for months now, too busy ploughing my way through tax law, business strategy texts, corporate reporting etc.

To give you an idea of the level of interest in it, I have been approached at Oxford University about it a couple of times, and when free my books downloaded daily for months, some of the most popular stuff I have ever written.

Take the piss as much as you like, there is money to be made.
_________________
Vote Stewart for Secretary General of the UN Smile
Good Judgement Project Brier Score 0.142 (median 0.367) https://www.gjopen.com/
Read: Our Place in the Twenty First Century
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tigger




Joined: 25 Apr 2005
Posts: 2749
Location: Hampshire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
Take the piss as much as you like, there is money to be made.


I agree, lot's of money to be made from tax law.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11
  Share
 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum





Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.