Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Alpsman Extreme Triathlon, Annecy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next year, the race will be 10th June.
Chrace

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazingly well done Ed, congratulations on that result. Can't wait to see the write-up.

There's something I don't get on the results. 27k run cutoff was after 12 hours, but the last top finisher spent 16:29 total. 4:29 to walk 16k seems rather a lot? Did they ease off on the cut-off?
Whisk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrace wrote:
There's something I don't get on the results. 27k run cutoff was after 12 hours, but the last top finisher spent 16:29 total. 4:29 to walk 16k seems rather a lot? Did they ease off on the cut-off?

Judging by how few people made it to the top finish, I'd guess that they didn't relax the cut-off.

From the videos, the track to the top looks like a bit of a scramble in places. If you've gone deep into the red to make the cut-off then maybe it would take 4+ hours to walk up the mountain if you're not racing for a placing and you just want to beat the final time limit.
FatPom

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whisk wrote:
Now that looks like the sort of race to temp me out of IM-distance retirement Wink I've done quite a bit of cycling in that area and it really is beautiful. Semnos will be "fun" - if they go up the road that they used for the Tour then it's 13km at 10% Shocked There's over an hour of riding right there Wink

The lake temperature should be fine. It's warm enough to swim without a wetsuit in mid September.

The run along the cycle path will be a bit dull, but after that bike course I'll be happy to plod around a flat run course. I'd definitely have no interest in running up another mountain Wink

I don't think that I can fit it in this year, but it's definitely on the list for next year Cool

See, I don't remember Semnoz being fun at all, especially on the back of the alpine TT in the morning! Very Happy
Whisk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:
Whisk wrote:
Now that looks like the sort of race to temp me out of IM-distance retirement Wink I've done quite a bit of cycling in that area and it really is beautiful. Semnos will be "fun" - if they go up the road that they used for the Tour then it's 13km at 10% Shocked There's over an hour of riding right there Wink

The lake temperature should be fine. It's warm enough to swim without a wetsuit in mid September.

The run along the cycle path will be a bit dull, but after that bike course I'll be happy to plod around a flat run course. I'd definitely have no interest in running up another mountain Wink

I don't think that I can fit it in this year, but it's definitely on the list for next year Cool

See, I don't remember Semnoz being fun at all, especially on the back of the alpine TT in the morning! Very Happy

It's alright, I think they went up the "easy" side Wink
Whisk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edz wrote:

I would have thought that the weather could be a bit hit and miss that early in the year. Some mates were out in Annecy the week before that this year and there was snow at the top of Semnos Shocked I guess the lake would also be pretty cool then too.
Edz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjpNB7Ntklk

video resumé
davesm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking about this for next year. Any idea on whether it sold out quickly this year?
Whisk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davesm wrote:
I'm thinking about this for next year. Any idea on whether it sold out quickly this year?

I doubt if it did sell out this year. It looks like it was quite a small entry this year, but it might be more popular after it's run once successfully.
davesm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovely, thanks. I'd be interested in comparing it against the Norseman Smile
WhittleFit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edz wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjpNB7Ntklk

video resumé

Did we ever get that race report Edz?
ttowel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whisk wrote:
Edz wrote:

I would have thought that the weather could be a bit hit and miss that early in the year. Some mates were out in Annecy the week before that this year and there was snow at the top of Semnos Shocked I guess the lake would also be pretty cool then too.

Go out in May/June every year for last 12 years. Semnoz has only had snow once. That was 2013.

That year the water would have been too cold. Every other year it is around 16-18 degrees, but 2017 was about 22-23
tuckandgo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrace wrote:
Amazingly well done Ed, congratulations on that result. Can't wait to see the write-up.

I can't remember the exact details but I took something like 3 hours to do the last 10km of Swissman.

I had completely blown and was determined to finish, alternating between sitting down, lying down, staggering and bursts of 'I will keep moving jogging'.

P.s. Wasn't my fault Wink My 'support' missed me at every checkpoint on the run and so I had no food or water after the bike until he joined me for the last 10km. Luckily he is a very old friend or I may not have ever spoken to him again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: