Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Outlaw 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
blindcider




Joined: 12 Sep 2013
Posts: 210

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
FatPom wrote:

When us pioneers did the first Outlaw, motivation on the run around the lake was provided by the Hooetrs aid station. Very Happy (it didn't really work Sad )


Would anything work on that stretch 'up' the lake?


I still detest the thought of that lake and its over two years since I ran round the thing
_________________
2017 Races Green Man Ultra, Conti thunder Run (solo), Dart 10k swim
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SGreg




Joined: 30 Jun 2010
Posts: 840
Location: High Peak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
I would definitely say Outlaw is your best sub-10 course if you want a big well organised event. [/i].




?????

You mean in the UK right, there are a lot faster out there, like Copenhagen for a start!


I'm also very odd in the fact I really don't mind running round the lake! Its the out and back that gets me and especially the bit the other side of the river, I really hate that bit but the lake is fine, just switch off and run.

But I know most people disagree with me on this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jorgan




Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Posts: 16205
Location: alles was ich bin, alles was ich war

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SGreg wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
I would definitely say Outlaw is your best sub-10 course if you want a big well organised event. [/i].


???? You mean in the UK right, there are a lot faster out there, like Copenhagen for a start!.


Yes UK. There are loads of fast courses on the Continent, by virtue of the fact their roads aren't sh!t.
_________________
25 Years since it all began....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Symes




Joined: 25 Jul 2006
Posts: 1318
Location: P!ssed off land

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SGreg wrote:


I'm also very odd in the fact I really don't mind running round the lake! Its the out and back that gets me and especially the bit the other side of the river, I really hate that bit but the lake is fine, just switch off and run.


+1

9 or so laps of the lake would suit me fine
_________________
1st place Falcon Lodge 3rd Year 800m; 1st place Santa Run

Stronger mind and muscles than joints, what a b@stard
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FatPom




Joined: 26 Dec 2005
Posts: 4886
Location: My happy place

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
FatPom wrote:

When us pioneers did the first Outlaw, motivation on the run around the lake was provided by the Hooetrs aid station. Very Happy (it didn't really work Sad )


Would anything work on that stretch 'up' the lake? A pack of rabid dobermans?


It does seem to take an awful long time to get to the right hand turn. On my last lap, I was struggling up there, half shuffle/ walk and a load of geese walked across the path and one of them was limping. i thought it was taking the pi$$ but I didn't have the strength to kick it. Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SGreg




Joined: 30 Jun 2010
Posts: 840
Location: High Peak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all this talk of the Lake, I really fancy a run round! Is the path open to the public ? I think I will head down tonight for a blast.

Probably not 9 laps though...


BTW I'm not joking
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jorgan




Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Posts: 16205
Location: alles was ich bin, alles was ich war

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SGreg wrote:
With all this talk of the Lake, I really fancy a run round! Is the path open to the public ? I think I will head down tonight for a blast.


Not quite the same as having to do two (more) laps, 21 miles into a Ironman marathon though Wink
_________________
25 Years since it all began....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wheezy




Joined: 10 Oct 2007
Posts: 1558
Location: Sub 3 (elect)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to say that I was a fan of the lake laps. I quite liked the fact I could see the next aid station pretty much as soon as I left the other one.
_________________
If it was easy, everyone would do it.
My Blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SGreg




Joined: 30 Jun 2010
Posts: 840
Location: High Peak

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
SGreg wrote:
With all this talk of the Lake, I really fancy a run round! Is the path open to the public ? I think I will head down tonight for a blast.


Not quite the same as having to do two (more) laps, 21 miles into a Ironman marathon though Wink



No you are quite right, Last night was horrible, the end of the lake just never came and there were no supporters and no aid stations at all! horrible run. It's also not as flat as I remember!

Still was nice to stop a bit and actually have a look at the watersports stuff, rather than endlessly running past it Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jorgan




Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Posts: 16205
Location: alles was ich bin, alles was ich war

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SGreg wrote:

Still was nice to stop a bit and actually have a look at the watersports stuff, rather than endlessly running past it Laughing


I remember running past the canoe water polo guys and thinking that looked like a better hobby Rolling Eyes Very Happy I personally would prefer it if they made the river loop longer, I also like courses in towns where there are some more turns i.e. you just focus to the next corner - the polar opposite of the rowing lake!

Frankfurt is pretty soul destroying along the river 'promenade' too (pretty much most of the route), so avoid that if you find the rowing lake hard.
_________________
25 Years since it all began....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cake1Me0




Joined: 08 Sep 2010
Posts: 561
Location: South-east London

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking about doing Bolton next year. It would be my first time there, are the road surfaces of equal quality to the outlaw (i.e. #@?#) or better/worse?
_________________
Currently I'm: time crunched
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Jorgan




Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Posts: 16205
Location: alles was ich bin, alles was ich war

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ Don't expect a good rucksack Wink
_________________
25 Years since it all began....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FatPom




Joined: 26 Dec 2005
Posts: 4886
Location: My happy place

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
SGreg wrote:

Still was nice to stop a bit and actually have a look at the watersports stuff, rather than endlessly running past it Laughing


I remember running past the canoe water polo guys and thinking that looked like a better hobby Rolling Eyes Very Happy I personally would prefer it if they made the river loop longer, I also like courses in towns where there are some more turns i.e. you just focus to the next corner - the polar opposite of the rowing lake!

Frankfurt is pretty soul destroying along the river 'promenade' too (pretty much most of the route), so avoid that if you find the rowing lake hard.


Apart from the rafts of weed, I enjoyed the swim. I'm terrible at navigating, so I found it easy for a change. Cool


Last edited by FatPom on Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SGreg




Joined: 30 Jun 2010
Posts: 840
Location: High Peak

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
SGreg wrote:

Still was nice to stop a bit and actually have a look at the watersports stuff, rather than endlessly running past it Laughing


Frankfurt is pretty soul destroying along the river 'promenade' too (pretty much most of the route), so avoid that if you find the rowing lake hard.


Despite a DNF and not actually doing the Run, IM France you can technically see the 5k turnaround point from the start of the run and vice versa, its just one solid slog down a promenade then back x4. I think that's about as bad as it gets for soulless runs, and guaranteed 30+ heat too.

Jorgan wrote:
SGreg wrote:

Still was nice to stop a bit and actually have a look at the watersports stuff, rather than endlessly running past it Laughing


I remember running past the canoe water polo guys and thinking that looked like a better hobby Rolling Eyes Very Happy


TBH I stopped and watched for a bit last night and while it looks really fun they were all just kind of sat there doing nothing looking bored! Was really uninspiring to watch...I envisaged them powering down the rapids like you see on the telly...they just sat there like ducks...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spraggz




Joined: 12 Sep 2014
Posts: 22

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally managed to finish my write-up; apologies - it is slightly long!

https://spragginsblog.wordpress.com/2017/08/02/outlaw-triathlon-23072017-you-win-some-you-lose-some/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 25 of 27
  Share
 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum





Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.