Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Talk to me about Photo hosting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mitten reloaded

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:14 am    Post subject: Talk to me about Photo hosting Reply with quote

.. if that's the right word
I'm an almost idiot when it comes to internet stuff. I can post photos on this site because you can paste them straight from a home folder

Other sites make you use a hosting page - photobucket etc. I now have a photobucket account but generally blunder around it & then give up rather than smash the computer to bits, especially as every time I try to use it I'm bombarded with pop up video ads & other internetfuzz

So to cut a short story long - what is a nice simple photo site for idiots ?
GrahamO

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you just want to have photos online that others can see - use iCloud if you have an iDevice or use Flickr for the rest.

Simple drag and drop to a webpage and they appear online.
EmileZola

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: Talk to me about Photo hosting Reply with quote

mitten reloaded wrote:
I'm an almost idiot when it comes to internet stuff. I can post photos on this site because you can paste them straight from a home folder

Other sites make you use a hosting page - photobucket etc. I now have a photobucket account but generally blunder around it & then give up rather than smash the computer to bits, especially as every time I try to use it I'm bombarded with pop up video ads & other internetfuzz

It depends what you want to do with them. Here's an article that explains the ins and outs and gives a few suggestions:
http://lifehacker.com/5808625/five-best-web-sites-for-image-hosting-and-photo-sharing/
Tin Pot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: Talk to me about Photo hosting Reply with quote

mitten reloaded wrote:

Photobucket IS one of the simplest Smile

From the way you say "computer" would it be fair to say you use one with a keyboard and monitor, and not a tablet or phone for this activity?
Sprint '16 1h17, '14 1h40, '13 2h01
Half Mara '16 2h04, '14 2h07
10 Mile TT '16 00:26:30
Trail 10K '16 54:01 '13 54:46
OneDollar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, photobucket is a nice website, you can also try pixabay, very helpful and easy to use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: