Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Your Garmin Questions Here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkyMark76

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwimsLikeAWalrus wrote:
I've planned a route in BaseCamp and wanted to share it with someone on Strava. And found that without the time/date etc it can't be done. I know about the 3rd party software that transfers other people's routes...

So my new question is:

Can I plan a route on Strava and export it to my Garmin?

FWIW I don't use Strava but do use Garmin Connect to record my things, although I have a Strava account for looking at things Smile.

So really I want to plan a route, share it with one of my contacts and export it to my 810.

Possible?

I know anything is IMpossible Smile

My friends and I use ridewithgps.com to create and share routes. The 'owner' creates it and then the others can just go in and download it to their devices.
PhilleusPhogg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - Strava has a route feature (Dashboard -> My Routes), that you can share, and can export as GPX/TCX (which can then be dropped onto your Edge).

It even pops up in the Dashboard feed when you create a non-private one so everyone else can see the routes you make.
SwimsLikeAWalrus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhilleusPhogg wrote:
Yes - Strava has a route feature (Dashboard -> My Routes), that you can share, and can export as GPX/TCX (which can then be dropped onto your Edge).

It even pops up in the Dashboard feed when you create a non-private one so everyone else can see the routes you make.

Excellent so my friend could also use Strava to follow my route too, however they chose - Garmin via GPX or not?

Thank you Smile
SwimsLikeAWalrus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkyMark76 wrote:
SwimsLikeAWalrus wrote:
I've planned a route in BaseCamp and wanted to share it with someone on Strava. And found that without the time/date etc it can't be done. I know about the 3rd party software that transfers other people's routes...

So my new question is:

Can I plan a route on Strava and export it to my Garmin?

FWIW I don't use Strava but do use Garmin Connect to record my things, although I have a Strava account for looking at things Smile.

So really I want to plan a route, share it with one of my contacts and export it to my 810.

Possible?

I know anything is IMpossible Smile

My friends and I use ridewithgps.com to create and share routes. The 'owner' creates it and then the others can just go in and download it to their devices.

I use GB Mapometer for that usually. Although I've not had much success exporting the routes! I'll try again! Although my friend will probably need to access using Strava.... Smile
Thank you
TransitionTed

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garmin Edge 820 users.
Any of you find the unit a little unresponsive in terms of the buttons. It seems to take ages to turn on and ages to stop once the stop button is pressed.
Have I a faulty unit, or is this the norm?

If it's the norm then it seems a retrograde step from Edge 800
gieffe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 920 xt and Powertap P1 pedals. How do I change the crank arm length on the Garmin unit?
stenard

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you've sync'd the pedals to the watch, in the sensor settings, you should be able to select and drill into the p1 power meter and within there, along with changing the name of the sensor, triggering a calibration etc, should be the crank length setting.
Buzz_

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has the Garmin discount disappeared from the British Triathlon Benefits section? I am finally considering upgrading my ageing and ailing 910xt.

--
Jgav

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buzz_ wrote:
Has the Garmin discount disappeared from the British Triathlon Benefits section? I am finally considering upgrading my ageing and ailing 910xt.

--

Don't know about British triathlon but there's a very good Garmin discount for Vitality Insurance policy holders (40%)
explorerJC

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't want to highjack the thread...but boy do you need to keep updating your Garmin software...is this a ploy to make old kit redundant?

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
JaRok2300

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did a 65min ride last night and got some slightly weird power figures from Garmin.

AP was 181W, NP was 213 W but Best 20min AP was 167W

I don't understand how the overall AP can be higher than the best 20min AP. Interestingly Strava shows the AP as 151 which would look more reasonable.

The ride was a series of smallish hills that I coasted down so would expect AP & NP to be quite far apart. Is this a glitch in Garmin or am I misunderstanding one/some of the metrcis?
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaRok2300 wrote:

I don't understand how the overall AP can be higher than the best 20min AP. Interestingly Strava shows the AP as 151 which would look more reasonable.

Interesting that Strava should read the power file differently to Connect; I assume it's showing the power symbol (lightening bolt) if you check on the desktop site?
JaRok2300

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't have the lightning bolt but there is a power graph that looks exactly like the Garmin one and the Max power is identical at 703W so don't think it's Strava estimated power. (I don't have Premium if that makes any difference)

Just went back and checked last few rides (only had PM a couple of weeks)and Strava average is always significantly lower than Garmin - anyone else get that?
JaRok2300

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found thread on Strava support about their power figures being lower than Garmin even with same data but they never got an answer.

So I think ignore the Strava element but still don't know how 20min max avg can be lower than overall avg for ride.
jibberjim

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaRok2300 wrote:
but still don't know how 20min max avg can be lower than overall avg for ride.

Ride at 500 watts for 15 minutes
rest for 5 minutes.
Ride at 500 watts for 15 mintues.

Average for ride 400w
Best 20min average 375w
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: