Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Your Garmin Questions Here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JaRok2300

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jim, I guess the nature of the ride (200W uphill, 0W downhill) could have created a repeated situation similar to your example.

Still feels a bit weird but I guess I need to work harder downhill and stop using them as rests.
FatPom

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been training and racing (tri and cycling) gadget free for over 8yrs now. As HR monitors and PMs died, I just never replaced them.

So I'm way out of the game gadget wise and been relying on my trusty 20 IM watch for years. I'm not interested in a bike specific computer but I am interested in wearable tech.

If I were to get something like a Fenix 5, could I set it up in a way that was completely private but I could see my own ride and run? Not interested in Strava, I'd rather pin a number on, so that doesn't bother me.

I just want the ability to see my complete efforts, have it hidden from anyone else but may want the ability to connect with TR.

Is this possible? I have no idea how Garmin Connect/Express works or how public TR is?

Cheers
Cool
GrahamO

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For both Strava and Connect, you can mark data as Private so nobody else can see it.
JaRok2300

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a way of splitting an activity into laps after it was done?
I did a session on the rollers last night where I increased the speed by 1kph every 3mins to see the power required for each speed.
The graph is quite sketchy so it would be good to have each 3mins as a lap so it gave me an average speed and power for the period.
I'm not great on the rollers so pressing the lap button on my watch would likely have resulted in death!
stenard

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I'm aware on garmin connect. But on other platforms it's fairly straightforward. On strava for example, on the analyze window (the one with all the graphs of speed, cadence, power, HR, etc) you can just drag and drop over the period you are interested in, and on the left it will give you the max and averages for the section you have just selected.

For example

(you just double click on the window to reset the zoom)
Jgav

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:
I've been training and racing (tri and cycling) gadget free for over 8yrs now. As HR monitors and PMs died, I just never replaced them.

So I'm way out of the game gadget wise and been relying on my trusty 20 IM watch for years. I'm not interested in a bike specific computer but I am interested in wearable tech.

If I were to get something like a Fenix 5, could I set it up in a way that was completely private but I could see my own ride and run? Not interested in Strava, I'd rather pin a number on, so that doesn't bother me.

I just want the ability to see my complete efforts, have it hidden from anyone else but may want the ability to connect with TR.

Is this possible? I have no idea how Garmin Connect/Express works or how public TR is?

Cheers
Cool

Garmin Connect is private by default, you record on the watch and sync to phone. Noone else needs to know. You can send the data to TP which can also be set to private. If you don't want segments/social stuff just don't both with Strava, there is nothing else it does which is worth using over GC or TP.
TriSam

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaRok2300 wrote:
Is there a way of splitting an activity into laps after it was done?
I did a session on the rollers last night where I increased the speed by 1kph every 3mins to see the power required for each speed.
The graph is quite sketchy so it would be good to have each 3mins as a lap so it gave me an average speed and power for the period.
I'm not great on the rollers so pressing the lap button on my watch would likely have resulted in death!

Can't get onto the website at work, but www.fitfiletools.com is a good way to trim down/manipulate files that you've messed up with your Garmin. I've used it to stitch two garmin files together, but not 100% sure if you can split a file down into multiple laps
JaRok2300

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stenard wrote:
Not that I'm aware on garmin connect. But on other platforms it's fairly straightforward. On strava for example, on the analyze window (the one with all the graphs of speed, cadence, power, HR, etc) you can just drag and drop over the period you are interested in, and on the left it will give you the max and averages for the section you have just selected.

For example

(you just double click on the window to reset the zoom)

Thanks Stenard, never knew you could do that, worked perfectly for what I wanted.
As for the quoted resistance curve of my rollers, that's another story, 210W at 20kph is about double what they're supposed to be but at least it explains why I've been so slow on roller sessions all these years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: