Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Impossible business problems, help request
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
explorerJC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cobbie wrote:
OK, here's a couple of things that would win you the Nobel prize for physics, hence I think you could consider them business problems:

Link quantum theory to gravity - or put another way, how does gravity interact with any particle's quantum state?

If one particle experiencing quantum entanglement were to pass over the event horizon of a black hole, would the entanglement hold and would the particle in the black hole be recoverable?

What is dark energy that makes up 70% of the universe?
what is dark matter that makes up 25% of the universe?

Rather than solve them....wait for Kraus et al to do the maths then just remote view their solution.....

Failing that, just smoke a lot of dope and write some ropey lyrics and you'll get one for literature....

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
sooooooooz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cobbie wrote:
OK, here's a couple of things that would win you the Nobel prize for physics, hence I think you could consider them business problems:

Link quantum theory to gravity - or put another way, how does gravity interact with any particle's quantum state?

If one particle experiencing quantum entanglement were to pass over the event horizon of a black hole, would the entanglement hold and would the particle in the black hole be recoverable?

Oh yes please...sooner rather than later...need to know!
Paul L

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't ask me why I am allowing myself to get dragged into this mess, but here goes...

SloggingScotsman wrote:
Let me give you a real life example of a commercial application of where I am at with subs.

Back in march 2014, I was given a target, all I was given was a series of nine numbers (e.g. 123456789) nothing else.

Ö. The target turned out to be the missing Malaysian flight 370 and the location of it.

So for a beginner not bad.

SloggingScotsman - My apologies, but no matter how many times I have re-read your original post I still do not understand how this is a real life example.

Who gave you the target and what has the series of nine numbers got to do with it?

Was the target the fact that someone was trying to find the missing plane, rather than the location of the plane itself?

As I am pretty sure there is a commercial market for finding the missing plane.

However, being able to work out that someone somewhere is looking for it is probably not worth very much.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now I'll happily admit that I know nothing about finding planes or subs in the sea.

But after working in the railway industry for over 20 years, I do know something about the Southern dispute...

SloggingScotsman wrote:
veggieboy wrote:
SloggingScotsman wrote:
veggieboy wrote:
Southern Railways strike - solve that !
thats easy, pay staff decent wages and treat them well. Make life easier for passengers so that they don't give staff so much grief.

At a governmental level place people's welfare before ideological politics. Get a better balance between the profit motive (which is good and useful but which can and does lead to the darker side of human nature taking over) and quality of life. Remembering that stressed commutes can lead to bullying and underperformance at work, and unnecessary arguments and stress when you finally get home.

Next.

The dispute isn't about pay
so if drivers were to receive more pay for for more responsibility that would help resolve the strikes? Or if conductors were treated better, i.e. Kept employed, that would resolve the situation either?

So I'm sorry to say that if your "easy" fix for this problem is the best all your work in this area can muster, then forget about finding subs.

Good luck, Paul. Smile
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul thank you for your considered reply.

Everyone

All I asked for was an impossible business problem to exercise my mind with for a few months.

I used the example from The Economist, as that, an example. One which I am very confident would work by the way, and have received positive encouragement for it publicly from one of the chaps who used to do this for a living for the US Military.

I don't expect you to believe it because it requires a method of thinking that can be extremely challenging to say the least and ignored by most people in the West. Which obviously places us at a relative disadvantage in this regard.

I don't mind pushing boundaries of knowledge, questioning etc.

Anyhow thank you all for spending the time to think about helping me, I do appreciate it.

(Thatís humour, as far as I am aware it is not possible for a citizen of a member of the Security Council to have that job)
Cobbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
Cobbie wrote:

Cobbie, not sure if you are serious or bantering, but let me ruminate for a moment.

1. The answers to such problems need to be peer review published else some thieving scientist would get said honour. Could you recommend such a journal, just in case?

2. I rather suspect those would take a little more than a few months.

3. Someone like Edward Riordan might be better suited.

4. But on the bus on the way home, these are my initial thoughts.....

a. You would need to break gravity down to its components. Some of these work one way, and others contra.

b. Re entanglement it would depend on how strong or weak. And possibly recoverable if you could push back from the other side through a polarity reversal possibly.

c. A buzz, perhaps that's where the bees went?

d. Anti-neuronic dense energy.

See Nobel prize from a bus journey, now to book a plane to Sweden.

Seriously Cobbie such questions are probably beyond me, and are the work of CERN etc. That said I will think about them over the coming years. Can I assume that science hasn't found the answers yet?

Thank you for a thought provoking response.

My questions are some that humanity has currently no idea about or even how to solve (only the second question is TIC, the first and third are really important).

Am I being serious or bantering? A bit of both, as I suspect most respondents have been on this thread. However, I chose my questions carefully as the godfather of all this did essentially work alone and by deep thinking came up with two of the greatest insights mankind has seen.
I have no wish to be patronising but it might be useful to recount the story of Einstein's breakthrough which led to the theory of general relativity, just over 100 years ago, his initial theory (special relativity) did not account for gravity. One day he was watching workmen on the roof of the building opposite when he thought about what would happen if one of them stepped off the edge. His realisation was that the workman would not fall towards the ground at all but hang there minding his own business - unfortunately for the workman, the earth would do no such thing and carry on moving until it hit him (of course we can see the workman and not the earth so it appears that the workman is falling).
Einstein came up with this piece of thinking on his own. Given your access to the hive mind of human consciousness (that's as well as I can understand what you're saying in your OP), you should be able to pull together something useful.

Overall, I am sceptical I have to say. The closest analogy to your approach that I can refer to is 'The Men who stare at Goats'. Now, I have great respect for Jon Ronson and his investigations into the boundaries between sanity and madness but this was too much for me (and I wasted 90-odd minutes watching a film which was complete crap, even though it contained several of my favorite actors).

What we are all asking for is some clarity that our input will not be a waste of time. I'm not sure we've had that yet Smile
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough Cobbie, and thanks for the explanation.

Funnily enough the chap I noted above who used to do this for the US Military and who likes my application, was depicted in that film. I forget which character though.

He was iirc the one who had to tell his boss that he broke the computers. He did this sort of job in the US military for a decade or so, iirc. A really wise and nice chap. Lyn Buchanan is his real name.

Anyhow Cobbie, I have shown you, what is effectively a peer reviewed, application that could solve what The Economist claims is a real problem we struggle with. Hopefully someone outwith the field can see it's potential. (Publically I may be the first viewer who has taken what was considered impossible within the field (how to take something you find in water and come up with a precise location). You lot are still getting your mind around stuff (connecting with objects) that the US military proved and declassified decades ago now.

Britain is sadly a backwater in this respect, with careful application, gchq could catch up in the wider world in this regard. I hope that they do. As I have already "invented" this solution (combining old knowledge and skills with modern technology), I am cracking on with further projects.

Anyhow again thank you all for your kind help.

(Thatís humour, as far as I am aware it is not possible for a citizen of a member of the Security Council to have that job)
Cobbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
Fair enough Cobbie, and thanks for the explanation.

Funnily enough the chap I noted above who used to do this for the US Military and who likes my application, was depicted in that film. I forget which character though

I had a horrible feeling that you might say something like this. Nutcases appearing as rational humans have always been a problem for humanity ... and they always seem to have something to sell Mad

Quote:
Anyhow Cobbie, I have shown you, what is effectively a peer reviewed, application that could solve what The Economist claims is a real problem we struggle with. Hopefully someone outwith the field can see it's potential. (Publically I may be the first viewer who has taken what was considered impossible within the field (how to take something you find in water and come up with a precise location).

What I saw in your post was some thinking about how someone might find underwater objects using drones and sonar (roughly). I'm not saying that this isn't helpful but it's not really the problem - in essence you've brainstormed something that might be feasible. Unfortunately, the hard bit is all the boring engineering, IT etc to make it happen.

I used to run a manufacturing site and other employees used to regularly suggest improvements or ideas about how to solve problems. They would then feel aggrieved when the people who actually got off their arses and fixed the problems got the credit. In other words, coming up with the idea is the easy bit when compared to implementating robustly or (in Einstein's case) proving the validity of the idea.

Quote:
You lot are still getting your mind around stuff (connecting with objects) that the US military proved and declassified decades ago now.

One comment on the US military de-classification. This was done because the programme "failed to produce any useful intelligence information" (italics quoted from Wikipedia). The whole page is worth a read to show that nobody has yet provided any substantial proof that this technique works. As I said previously, I'm a sceptic but that means I'm driven by evidence; provide me with some and I'll think differently Smile

Wikipedia link to 'Remote Viewing'

Quote:
Britain is sadly a backwater in this respect, with careful application, gchq could catch up in the wider world in this regard. I hope that they do. As I have already "invented" this solution (combining old knowledge and skills with modern technology), I am cracking on with further projects.

Anyhow again thank you all for your kind help.

Good luck Rolling Eyes
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cobbie

Thank you again.

Hopefully one day you will reflect upon your words.

Best wishes from a nutcase.

Added: Cobbie I have published the results of my own viewing, about 150 sessions over a year. On iBooks kindle etc. As I was starting from scratch the quality of my own sessions and of my recording, including databasing thereof, improved dramatically as the year progressed. I published them as a benchmark for others, as that was missing in the field. They sell every month so someone in our world is interested.

I gave it a go to see if viewing worked, and it did. The results are in the public record.

A number of big changes then happened, as explained before, and I took a break and started to think about how I could take what I now knew worked and make it reliable and more importantly useful, again all explained on this thread.

One end result of this is knowing how to solve the problem posed in The Economist.

Without access to the resources mentioned in this thread, it simply is not possible to do any field testing, and some of those resources I would imagine are firmly held within intelligence agencies e.g. Very detailed oceanographic databases. And a civilian looking for foreign nations submarines is probably not sensible in any case. And as I have partially explained before there are reasons why subs are probably more easily findeable e.g. Over a car battery.

I do take note of what you say Cobbie, anyhow enough. I wasn't trying to sell you anything, just asking for a challenge to keep my mind occupied.

Thanks again

Thing of the Fountains

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got one!

Can you deploy your spidey powers to help people find a plumber who won't rip them off? There would be a serious market for that, I reckon. Harder to find than a sub in the ocean.

Let me zone out and try it... Ok I'm seeing... a metal box .... some tools.... Poland ... this is harder than it looks... Hey is that the Red October?
Cobbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
Cobbie

Thank you again.

I was referring to the US Military person as a nutcase, just to be clear Smile

As for reflecting on my words, absolutely. Provide me with evidence and I will modify my views. If you think what you've already provided is sufficient, then I beg to differ. You've shown a chain of logic that anyone could follow if they thought about this particular problem.
What's missing is evidence that the remote viewing worked Smile
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cobbie wrote:
SloggingScotsman wrote:
Cobbie

Thank you again.

I was referring to the US Military person as a nutcase, just to be clear Smile

As for reflecting on my words, absolutely. Provide me with evidence and I will modify my views. If you think what you've already provided is sufficient, then I beg to differ. You've shown a chain of logic that anyone could follow if they thought about this particular problem.
What's missing is evidence that the remote viewing worked Smile
Fair enough Cobbie, and thank you for taking the time to explain that.

Sadly, as already explained to prove that subs can be found, would be rather (I hesitate to use the word easy, but certainly straightforward) if those specified resources were available. But to have a fair chance at it you would need the level of resources available to the likes of GCHQ. That said given those resources it is not that difficult a problem to prove. From a remote viewing perspective you just need people (who can do those specified things) but only at a stage 1 and 2 of the 6 stages of what was declassified (I struggled to get past stage 3).

Re providing evidence that remote viewing works generally, there is tons of it, I have published a fair bit of my own stuff. The problem is not proving that viewing works, for it does. The problem, again as I have explained before, is making it (1) reliable and then (2) useful. It is the useful issue that I reflected hard upon over the past year.

There are also problems of expectations gaps between what people think viewers should be able to do and what they actually can do, and simply people just giving it a fair chance, like I did, I invested heavily in learning about it and then tried it. Mind you it is not helped by some viewers making claims that are perhaps their egos talking, but that is life.

tin pot

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do know that you're living in a fantasy world of your own creation, right?

I mean, I like a good laugh at your threads every few months, but I am also genuinely concerned for your wellbeing - Are you eating with others when you sit down for dinner? Do you socialise much in the local community, face to face, as it were?

You're obviously a nice chap, anyway.
Sprint '16 1h17, '14 1h40, '13 2h01
Half Mara '16 2h04, '14 2h07
Trail 10K '16 54:01 '13 54:46
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tin Pot wrote:
You do know that you're living in a fantasy world of your own creation, right?

I mean, I like a good laugh at your threads every few months, but I am also genuinely concerned for your wellbeing - Are you eating with others when you sit down for dinner? Do you socialise much in the local community, face to face, as it were?

You're obviously a nice chap, anyway.
gee thanks tin pot, at least I make people laugh. At me I give you!

I have considered it..but then I look at the data and the results, yes and yes by the way. If you call Oxford University, the gym, folk down town etc, much.

Seriously Tin Pot we have esoteric societies that some establishment folk are ranking in that study academically Hermetics etc. It's not as loopy as it sounds once you do it.

I myself once thought it daft, then I decided to give it a go, it works (should add that it took about a decade for me to go from first hearing about it and thinking it nonsense, to returning to it and finding that it then made sense to me).. Getting it to work reliably and usefully are challenges I give you. But I have had similar discussions in certain Masonic environments with people who understand esoterics better than me. (Knowing yourself is the key, but there are other links as well)

I just get a little excited when I make breakthroughs of things that people say are impossible. I have had a few.

That said I could just be as mad as a hatter, suffering from some undiagnosed mental illness I give you. It's certainly possible.

Perhaps I should just publish how to find subs step by step in a book, at least that would sell and I would make a little money! Remote viewing books do sell btw. At least mine do. And they are mainly just lists of session results.

SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tin pot

I am a bit socially awkward but then again reportedly so are some Silicon Valley geeks.

I am happy to consider all perspectives on all sorts of things, e.g. I spent a decade involved heavily with various segments of the Masonic world (including effectively stewarding for a new lodge for a year) and simultaneously involved with the conspiracy world. Fascinating seeing all that from a multitude of perspectives.

I question, I think, I explore, I am curious about almost everything.

A bit obsessive at times I give you. And mad possibly. But hey wouldn't life be boring if we were all the same.

SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now Tin Pot let me turn the tables on you.

Given the following verifiable facts:-

1. The thousands of people globally who are members of remote viewing groups.
2. The dozens of trainers out there, including ex military Officers.
3. The multitude of published sessions covering literally decades.
4. The realms of declassified military stuff, which if you follow like I did can be made to work.
5. The conferences

How exactly could this, logically and rationally, be a fantasy of my own creation?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: