Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Impossible business problems, help request
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:48 am    Post subject: Impossible business problems, help request Reply with quote

This is a serious request for an idea, please try to avoid taking the proverbial (tough I know).

As you may know since realising, through doing, that remote viewing does work, I have spent a year plus looking at how it can be made more reliable and useful, both being difficult hurdles.

Some weeks back The Economist science section reported that for all of our technology, while we can easily track submarines with drones, finding submarines in the first place is still mighty difficult. Well the answer to that, to me, was fairly obvious, get viewers who can land on objects in water reliably and who can feel a number of other things like salinity, combine them with a detailed oceanographic database, a meaty computer and a maths geek, and you have another tool to find submarines. Given the resources and access to viewers with proven experience in reliably hitting a number of specific things, and I could find subs.

Now while I am rather busy working my way through the ICAEW training matierials for the second time in my life, i am ready for further challenges, and would like to spend some time trying to get my mind around another "impossible" problem.

Hence, can anyone here, in any industry, offer up, at a conceptual level, like "how the heck do you find submarines when technology doesn't succeed" a real life business problem? One which, for all of the technology available to us, is still currently beyond solving.

I want to exercise my mind and see if, as the months pass, I can come up with a practical solution, that is cost effective etc.

Any sensible suggestions appreciated.

You might think me a bit mad, but follow the data not your beliefs, and what is the worst that will happen? I tell you that I can't work out a cost effective practical solution. But I might, and along the way I will have exercised and improved my own mind a bit more.
veggieboy

Location: Wearing Hokas/Altras/Sketchers and Ashmei - looking good is more important than running fast

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

two ways of approaching this

1) The traditional approach - that is what you are contemplating ie can I make a "thing" that is better at finding subs

2) The "James T Kirk" approach - a bit like he deployed in the Kobayashi Maru scenario where he did not believe in the no-win scenario and went back and fixed the test at source. The equivalent here is not to develop a tool of your own, but to infilitrate the submarine or it's crew and make it easier to detect with existing technology. My assumption here is that espionage capabilities are already sufficiently developed to enable this.

You are trying to find a needle in a haystack, which will always be a lot easier if the needle has got a loudspeaker attached to it

But I'm still not going to swim
jibberjim

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get Flipper to talk to all his dolphin and whale friends to keep an eye out and report.
KingstonGraham

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you going to do with all the submarines you collect?
explorerJC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two options....find a sub to prove your theory and then sell or lease the model ..or, write a research theory, get a research grant and spend the next x years refining the theoretic model...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
explorerJC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingstonGraham wrote:
What are you going to do with all the submarines you collect?

I am not sure that too many nations run subs these days...

SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.

veggieboy - you make a good point, that I will reflect upon. Conceptually what you suggest is not that different to what one of the ex US military viewers publicly says used to happen (should add for accuracy, my mind here is adapting conceptually what he says re one scenario to this, its not a straight transfer). Now assuming he is accurate, and I have never had reason to disbelieve his insightful advice, then such knowledge, must be within the intelligence community, given that their ex spooks now train folk. While, for all of what I have achieved in the viewing community, including some cutting edge stuff as explained here previously (first public demonstration that I know of of distracting a viewer from his target), must pale into insignificance with what has developed behind the scenes over the past twenty five years.

Ejc - sadly I don't have that level of specific training. I would need a target database of objects in water, mixed in with many other types of targets, heaps of time (it is tiring and mentally exhausting and time consuming work) and the ability to get feedback. Ok a picture would say if I was "on target" but without a comprehensive oceanographic database feeding back to me specific details about that specific ocean location, over a range of variables, it would be difficult to make positive progression, as you would not know what "feelings" were correct and what was "misread" or what was "imagination taking over". Just as different accountants and good at different things, and different doctors likewise, I may or may not have any personal aptitude for finding boats or feeling the components of the water column.

Now if Coutts want to give me that half a trillion pounds (and yes I do know that it is greater than their managed funds) then I could make solid progress, and create a few jobs, and give Britain another leading cutting edge, in a field that I think we are comparatively bad at, compared with other nations. Very Happy

Anyone else any serious considered thoughts?
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ejc - meant to say, and I don't think that a civilian trying to find other nations subs is sensible. Global laws, ethics etc. Might be plain stupid in fact.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
Ejc - meant to say, and I don't think that a civilian trying to find other nations subs is sensible. Global laws, ethics etc. Might be plain stupid in fact.

Why don't you just modify one of those golf ball finders and claim it'll find subs.....the MOD would buy it for sure...

SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
SloggingScotsman wrote:

Why don't you just modify one of those golf ball finders and claim it'll find subs.....the MOD would buy it for sure...
ejc, come on man, try to keep a grip and offer constructive advice. If the mod want to ask me I will happily, for free, sit down with them and take them through step by step, precisely how to do it. They can then use their own intelligence to find viewers with the requisite existing skill set, and combine it with their computers, oceanographic database and maths geeks.

Now do you, or anyone, have a currently unsolvable business problem that I could try to get my mind around over the coming months?
explorerJC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
SloggingScotsman wrote:

ejc, come on man, try to keep a grip and offer constructive advice. If the mod want to ask me I will happily, for free, sit down with them and take them through step by step, precisely how to do it. They can then use their own intelligence to find viewers with the requisite existing skill set, and combine it with their computers, oceanographic database and maths geeks.

Now do you, or anyone, have a currently unsolvable business problem that I could try to get my mind around over the coming months?

The MOD has no intelligence...

SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ejc, you are a funny guy. Now can you please stop and let this be a serious thread.

Rolling Eyes
Thing of the Fountains

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let the plug out
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny but Rolling Eyes besides as I said I already know how to do that, conceptually, given the right resources....you yank and watch the whirlpool form going glug glug.
TransitionTed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you want to find subs anyway? They stink of smelly feet, wet wipes and crusty underpants
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: