Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Impossible business problems, help request
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:

That all said Gus you could well be right.

Oh God, I hope not Wink

I love esoteric thinking and do believe, somewhere, there is 'something'. The perpetual question is, what? So, allow me to take the topic in a different direction...

I love the recent 'matrix' philosophising - ie are we living in a VR 'matrix' as per the film?

Through my own process of logic, our technological advancement from living in mud huts through to the internet and the latest technologies (quantum computing etc.) has happened in a very, very small period of time. Firstly in relation to how long homo sapiens has existed and, secondly, the age of the universe. Knowledge growth has been exponential and continues to be so. Extrapolate forwards and what will we have in, say, 200 years? or 2000 years? or even 20,000 years? All, relatively speaking, the blink of an eye.

Only 40 years ago we were playing that basic 'tennis' game. Now our VR games are 3D and near-photo realistic. Fast forward 2000 years? ie. it's perfectly possible our consciences are living in a VR simulation and we don't even realise it.

Correlate this, also, to the size of our known universe. Somewhere out there I have absolutely no doubt there are others who may have been where we are at now, maybe 1,000,000 years ago. So what could they now be capable of? Are we living in 'their' matrix? Again logically it could well be the case. [We spend our lives trying to find signs of alien technology, but this is based on searching for evidence of technology that in our timeline has existed for a mere blink (eg, radio waves). What are the chances any other civilisation, right now, is at this (potentially) very, very early technological stage that lasts maybe one trillionth of a percent of a civilisation's existence? Chances are they are millions of years ahead (or behind) us. This might explain why we still have no real evidence of anyone 'out there'.]

I think the Tesla man, recently, said there is a 90% chance we are living in a 'matrix' and I believe him.

So, Sloggers, why not turn your mind powers to working out some sort of 'evidence' that could help break out of the matrix or at least prove it's existence?

Wink

And edited to just add: this assumes other human-type organisms out there with human-type brains. In the way an ant is physically incapable of understanding the internet, we may be physically incapable of understanding what really is out there...

My 15 minutes of fame
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already have thought about it, how do think that I can remote view Wink

A decade ago I wrote a book on philosophy by the way, "Our Place in the Twenty First Century". Covers everything from why we tell lies to ufos.

£1.99 kindle, also on iBooks https://www.amazon.co.uk/Our-Place-Twenty-First-Century-ebook/dp/B0071VKNQW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1481472857&sr=8-1&keywords=Our+place+in+the+twenty+first+century

The science is obviously a decade out of date but was fairly cutting edge when I was stuck into astrobiology journals at the Bodleian back in the day.
Paul L

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, like a moth to the flame, it appears I can't stay away…

SloggingScotsman wrote:
…Anyone any useful and serious advice on how I could write this up as a paper before thieving scumbags pinch my idea and claim it is theirs?

You can assume that I have no knowledge or experience in writing scientific papers.

My serious advice is learn to write clearly on this forum before your consider writing a scientific paper.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Paul L wrote:
Who gave you the target and what has the series of nine numbers got to do with it?

Was the target the fact that someone was trying to find the missing plane, rather than the location of the plane itself?

SloggingScotsman wrote:
I don't expect you to believe it because it requires a method of thinking that can be extremely challenging to say the least and ignored by most people in the West.

Believe what?

I thought I was pretty clear when I said that I had read your original post and not understood what your example was.

So my questions were asked in good faith and you did not answer them, so I still don't understand the example.

Please believe this is my attempt at providing useful advice, as you need to be able to express yourself is a much clearer way than your writings on here.

A scientific paper, or business base for that matter, has to explain to the reader the what, what, how, etc. of both the problem and the solution.

SloggingScotsman wrote:
All I asked for was an impossible business problem to exercise my mind with for a few months.

I used the example from The Economist, as that, an example.

Rather than ask for "an impossible business problem", why not settle for 'a very difficult to resolve' business problem instead.

VeggieBoy suggested the Southern Rail dispute and there is definitely money to be made in settling that.

Unfortunately, if the standard of your solution to that problem was anything to go by, you are seriously wasting your time.

SloggingScotsman wrote:
Given the following verifiable facts:-

1. The thousands of people globally who are members of remote viewing groups.
2. The dozens of trainers out there, including ex military Officers.
3. The multitude of published sessions covering literally decades.
4. The realms of declassified military stuff, which if you follow like I did can be made to work.
5. The conferences

How exactly could this, logically and rationally, be a fantasy of my own creation?

Millions of people around the world are members of different religions with different views of who 'god' is.

There are hundreds of thousands of monks/priests/mullahs/rabbis/etc. out there.

There are published religious documents that are hundreds and thousands of years old.

Unfortunately, not one of these "verifiable facts" actual prove that any of these religions are 'real'.

That is not to say the 'belief' of millions isn't real, just that "logically and rationally" you can not 'prove' god exists.

Good luck, Paul. Smile
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul L thank you for taking the time to help me, I will reflect upon your words.

My apologies for erring to answer your question, here is the answer you seek:

One of the target setters on a remote viewing forum (I no longer accept random targets from unknown people as I now realise that they could be anyone and hence a bit stupid). The series of numbers is all that you get when viewing a target. No more and no less. (Unless you are frontloading training but that is a separate kettle of fish). From those numbers you have to get information about the target. I do not know the precise answer to your third question, beyond what I have already posted about it, but I think that it was location.

Paul, I write this respectfully, but you appear to be making the same error Ejc made months ago, in your disbelief you are reading over and not taking in my explanations. I give you that could be my fault for not being clear, and I will reflect upon that. Equally many people struggle to take the matter seriously and it could be that your beliefs are obscuring my words a little, it is easy to do when reading challenging material. I am not saying that you are, just that people do when confronted with such matierial. You are however corrrect that clarity is vital, and I do my best. It may not be good enough, but it is my best.

All

All I did was ask for a bit of help, using an example to explain why. Seems to be to be a bit sad that people here would rather rip the pi@@ and go on the attack, when all you were asking for is a bit of help and guidance.

Be objective, be sceptical, but don't be blinded by what does work, when you work past the false claims in the viewing community, and the disbelief of those coming to it for the first time. It really does work (especially if you are looking for easy stuff, like feeling salt (assuming you have an aptitude for salt, different viewers different skill bases), over the difficult stuff, e.g. Naming something. Which by the way is not something that viewers should ever do, for when you start naming you imagination starts to take over).

Last edited by SloggingScotsman on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:34 am; edited 3 times in total
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I published all of my viewing session summaries so that it could act as a benchmark for others (such benchmarking was absent in the field). Remembering that as I was breaking the ice of this, dragging up the community standards wise (as I also have tried to do re using maths and introducing scepticism) sure I could have done better. But I was learning from scratch, doing it myself, without formal training (beyond one couple of hour webcast session). So cut me a break folks.

Sure it would have been better if I came from a scientific background, but I don't. But I do hold two degrees and professional qualifications so I am not as dumb as you might suspect.

God only knows how we progress as a species when someone who spends years trying to lift humanity up a level and progress thought into new areas, gets shot down so much. No wonder we are descending into global darkness (intolerance in politics and nations etc) once again. Very sad.

Look I am just going to crack on, progressing, learning step by step, perhaps one day someone will see the value in what I do, and if not, it is valuable for me improving myself, so really it's a win win for me.

The real lesson here, is not to ask for help and guidance from the people here.
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally Paul, if I have completely misread the tone of your words, then please accept my apologies. I am after all but human.
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ejc

I just had the frightening thought, given your more detailed interest nowadays, that you, or someone else might know someone who would be interested in testing to see if it was indeed possible to find submarines.

If you, or anyone does, play fair and find a viewer who is genuinely skilled (i.e. Don't just take their word for it) in feeling the various elements of a water column.

Now this is something that I have never tried, so I do not know if I could feel those things, but I certainly from my oceanographic course know my way around a water column. Hence I would be prepared to give it a go, if:-

1. All of the necessary resources were assembled, which basically means GCHQ input, for the very detailed oceanographic database etc (creative maths geek, big computer, big data tools). (Unless a University or commercial organisation has a very detailed comprehensive database obviously). The detail in the database is vital. (Viewer does not need access to this, it is the tool that is used to check, audit and to get results from the viewers viewing and to actually find said submarine)
2. I was absolutely certain that I was doing this for Britain and not a foreign nation.
3. You accept that I would be back to beginners luck, given I have not tried crv for well over a year, and never tried to feel these variables before. I don't have time or rather the energy to expend to retrain until after I have completed the ICAEW manuals (6-9 months), and would then need another nine months to get past the depths of darkness again where you can't view what is in front of your nose.
4. But if you could find a genuinely skilled viewer who has a recent track record in feeling those variables you would be wiser to chose them for a fairer more meaningful result.
5. Again if I was certain I was doing it for Britain I would happily advise on project set up and how to get the most out of the viewers given that I have spent time thinking about this specific task, and do have relevant first hand experience.
6. Quite understand that my involvement may not be wanted nor considered appropriate, and fair enough if that was the case, and I wish you the genuine best of luck.
7. It is my belief (rightly or wrongly) that Britain is lagging way way behind in harnessing such abilities, and there are good structural reasons as to why this could be the case (stiff upper lip and all that, general ridicule of esoterica). It would be nice if we could be global leaders.

Anyhow enough I have accountancy studies to do.
Cobbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus wrote:
I think the Tesla man, recently, said there is a 90% chance we are living in a 'matrix' and I believe him

My reading of current thinking (and I'm no expert or close follower) is that it's more likely that there are many different parallel universes (the multiverse) where slightly different courses of events are played out.
My poor, little brain struggles to keep up with this world so whatever the 'real' situation, I'll leave it to others to discover Smile

Slogging Scotsman wrote:
All I did was ask for a bit of help, using an example to explain why. Seems to be to be a bit sad that people here would rather rip the pi@@ and go on the attack, when all you were asking for is a bit of help and guidance.

Be objective, be sceptical, but don't be blinded by what does work, when you work past the false claims in the viewing community, and the disbelief of those coming to it for the first time. It really does work (especially if you are looking for easy stuff, like feeling salt (assuming you have an aptitude for salt, different viewers different skill bases), over the difficult stuff, e.g. Naming something. Which by the way is not something that viewers should ever do, for when you start naming you imagination starts to take over)

I would argue that contributors have been remarkably respectful, especially given your talent for providing answers that distinctly lack the evidence that's been asked for. Sure there have been some slight digs but the majority are constructive.

Over the 8 pages of this thread, what comes across to me is a quasi-religous tone to your long and fairly repetitive responses. Almost as if, by constantly repeating your previous answer some (or all) of us might be convinced by your arguments.
The repeated requests for you to clarify are made because you haven't yet done so (whatever you may think).

If I were to suggest, for example, that Total Immersion was the best way to learn how to improve front crawl, we might spend many happy hours debating whether it was this or a focus on a more generic front quadrant approach. Whatever the outcome, there would be various forms of evidence provided to support the different approaches.
It is this evidence that your argument is lacking - we go from you being given some numbers to writing down some outcomes of your thinking but without seeing how remote viewing contributes. Without this, all we can see is that you've given a problem some thought.
Hence, I suspect all of us remain sceptical. Smile

In the interests of providing you with some impossible business problems since you don't seem to like anything that has been provided to date:
1. How do we get money from the super rich and distribute it more evenly?
2. How do we manage food reserves across the world to prevent current excessive levels of waste
3. How do we clear plastic from the oceans?
4. How do we stop or control global warming?
5. Can you ensure that Arsenal win the league title and champions league in 2017 please
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Cobbie I will reflect upon your words.
Cobbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
Thank you Cobbie I will reflect upon your words.

You do a lot of reflecting, perhaps some critical thinking instead?
Paul L

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm supposed to be doing something else, so this is my last attempt at getting my point across and then I'll leave this thread in peace…

SloggingScotsman wrote:
Finally Paul, if I have completely misread the tone of your words, then please accept my apologies. I am after all but human.

No need to apologise, as this is a forum, which by its very nature means that words can be misread/misunderstood.

But that is my point, you may think that you are expressing yourself clearly on here, but I'm afraid you are not.

SloggingScotsman wrote:
… you appear to be making the same error Ejc made months ago, in your disbelief you are reading over and not taking in my explanations…

What disbelief?

I genuinely have no idea what you are talking about, so how can I possibly believe, or disbelieve it?

You wrote this…

SloggingScotsman wrote:
...The target turned out to be the missing Malaysian flight 370 and the location of it.

So for a beginner not bad...

I simply asked if you had found the location of the plane itself, or whether you had discovered that someone was looking for it.

This is part of your answer…

SloggingScotsman wrote:
… One of the target setters on a remote viewing forum … The series of numbers is all that you get when viewing a target… No more and no less... From those numbers you have to get information about the target.

Honestly, what does this mean in simple English? What is the target? What is the connection between the numbers and the target?

You appear to keep making the assumption that I know as much about this subject as you do.

SloggingScotsman wrote:
…God only knows how we progress as a species when someone who spends years trying to lift humanity up a level and progress thought into new areas, gets shot down so much. No wonder we are descending into global darkness (intolerance in politics and nations etc) once again. Very sad.

The real lesson here, is not to ask for help and guidance from the people here...

Whilst trying to be as objective as I possibly can, I am sorry to say this, but that is the writing of a text book internet Troll.

In your own words, you are lifting up humanity, whilst the rest of us are leading the world into darkness.

Nice. Rolling Eyes

Cheers, Paul. Smile
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul L wrote:
Quote:

You wrote this…

SloggingScotsman wrote:
...The target turned out to be the missing Malaysian flight 370 and the location of it.

So for a beginner not bad...

I simply asked if you had found the location of the plane itself, or whether you had discovered that someone was looking for it.

This is part of your answer…

SloggingScotsman wrote:
… One of the target setters on a remote viewing forum … The series of numbers is all that you get when viewing a target… No more and no less... From those numbers you have to get information about the target.

Honestly, what does this mean in simple English? What is the target? What is the connection between the numbers and the target?

You appear to keep making the assumption that I know as much about this subject as you do.

When I was given the target, all that I was given was nine number eg 123456789. I had to come up with the answer that the person who set the target wanted (which I subsequently found out to be the missing flight, after I had submitted my session).

It is difficult to explain the numbers succinctly. But in essence they are random, could be anything. But they are the tool that is used to connect your mind and body to whatever is being sought. And I know that sound bizarre, stupid, mental, and nonsense. But it is what is is. Developed originally by the US military as far as I know. And it does work. Why it works no one really seems to know. How it works is widely disputed in the viewing community, most say that they don't know. I think that I know (the how not the why) which I have elsewhere explained, but have no real desire to open up another can of worms here. So won't.
Quote:

SloggingScotsman wrote:
…God only knows how we progress as a species when someone who spends years trying to lift humanity up a level and progress thought into new areas, gets shot down so much. No wonder we are descending into global darkness (intolerance in politics and nations etc) once again. Very sad.

The real lesson here, is not to ask for help and guidance from the people here...

Whilst trying to be as objective as I possibly can, I am sorry to say this, but that is the writing of a text book internet Troll.

In your own words, you are lifting up humanity, whilst the rest of us are leading the world into darkness.

Nice. Rolling Eyes

Cheers, Paul. Smile
never said the rest of you are leading the world into darkness, that is your interpretation. Which I give you could be the result of my lack of clarity or your beliefs and assumptions. The fact is, as evidenced in The Economist every week (my main news source) that globally our world is slipping into the darkness of intolerance. It is terribly sad.

And yes I am doing my little bit to help lift humanity up, as are millions of others globally.

Anyhow like you Paul, I have about had enough, and like you I am going to let this be and crack on. Hopefully though Britain will grasp this opportunity to play catch up in this regard, I hope that it does. (Assuming obviously that it isn't leading behind the scenes unknown to me). For me now that I know how this could be done, I will invest my energy elsewhere.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
SloggingScotsman wrote:
Now Tin Pot let me turn the tables on you.

Given the following verifiable facts:-

1. The thousands of people globally who are members of remote viewing groups.
2. The dozens of trainers out there, including ex military Officers.
3. The multitude of published sessions covering literally decades.
4. The realms of declassified military stuff, which if you follow like I did can be made to work.
5. The conferences

How exactly could this, logically and rationally, be a fantasy of my own creation?

1. don't take refuge in the false security of consensus
2. being an ex military officer is hardly the high watermark of human intelligence or even rationality
3. look at the most published works covering tens of decades and then decide whether being published represents even a grain of truth
4. if anyone could get it to work then the military support networks would be using it and selling it
5. i'm off to a conference on Monday but will view the content with a degree of skepticism

For sure this is not a fantasy of your own creation...but you are possibly blinded by your desire for it to be successful...
indeed, but equally you could be blinded precisely where I was a decade ago when I first heard about it and thought it nonsense. It is after all quite a mind shift. That said the results speak for themselves, though I give you how you interpret results is a consideration, which is why I like perception by perception scoring and databasing.

like religious visions, you usually see what you want to see...and yes, the lack of results speak for themselves...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
explorerJC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
explorerJC wrote:

but your early practices are a bit like those doing the three cup shuffle before laying bets...
Ejc, what was your first run like? Did you not have to learn to walk first. And to crawl before that? And just to stand up unsupported before that? Of course my early practices were rubbish, one of my first was the famous missing us military flight over the Bermuda Triangle, all I got was something over water. Which incidentally was correct.

Remember Ejc:-
1. I am trying to make stuff work that people say isn't possible, and all I have to go on is (1) what is in the public domain and (2) my own understanding of esoterics. Intuition or guts if you like.

8. Ejc, just find a viewer who can get good stage 2 data (in principle that was one of my key strengths when I did it) who can feel the elements of a water column well (I never trained nor tried that).

People probably say it's impossible because that is the likeliest outcome...

it has been mentioned elsewhere....start with something cheaper/more plausible than subs...

explorerJC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TransitionTed wrote:
SS, I'm a simple soul, so can you explain what the absolute f@ck your on about?
Simply?

you jumped up country boy...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: