Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Edinburgh 70.3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimboP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO Saracen wrote:
End of Wimbleball IMO.

Well this implies it is... (unless i missed something).

Quote:
With the addition of this new race in Scotland, the UK and Ireland IRONMAN calendar now hosts eight eventsóthe most of any country in Europe, including full-distance events in Bolton and Wales, and half-distance events in Bolton, Staffordshire, Dublin, and Weymouth, as well as a Velothon event in Wales.

Originally from: http://eu.ironman.com/triathlon/news/articles/2016/12/ironman-announces-new-race-in-edinburgh.aspx#ixzz4SuVw7Lrh

EDIT.. that's bollox. you can still enter here: http://eu.ironman.com/triathlon/events/emea/ironman-70.3/uk/register.aspx#axzz4SuVVFvBg - not that i will be!
Whisk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimboP wrote:
TRO Saracen wrote:
End of Wimbleball IMO.

Well this implies it is... (unless i missed something).

Quote:
With the addition of this new race in Scotland, the UK and Ireland IRONMAN calendar now hosts eight eventsóthe most of any country in Europe, including full-distance events in Bolton and Wales, and half-distance events in Bolton, Staffordshire, Dublin, and Weymouth, as well as a Velothon event in Wales.

Originally from: http://eu.ironman.com/triathlon/news/articles/2016/12/ironman-announces-new-race-in-edinburgh.aspx#ixzz4SuVw7Lrh

EDIT.. that's bollox. you can still enter here: http://eu.ironman.com/triathlon/events/emea/ironman-70.3/uk/register.aspx#axzz4SuVVFvBg - not that i will be!

Wimbleball would be the 8th event to add to that list, assuming that the eight is only referring to triathlons.

I wonder how the Irish feel about being lumped together with the UK into a single country? Rolling Eyes Wink
gixermark

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not done a Tri in over 2 years...... but seeing this pop up has made me dig out my goggles to go and see if i can still swim !!

I'm seriously thinking of entering... my sis lives pretty close to the start (between there and the city) so that sorts the practical side. and partly offsets the expensive entry.

is it really 250 though ? i don't see anything on the official website on entry yet

do folk think it will sell out ?
Whisk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gixermark wrote:

is it really 250 though ? i don't see anything on the official website on entry yet

do folk think it will sell out ?

From the FAQs -

How much is it to enter?

Individual Entry:

From the opening of Registration to 3rd January: £220 + 8% Active Fee
From 4th January to 19th January: £230 + 8% Active Fee
From 20th September to 8th April: £245 + 8% Active Fee
From 8th April to Close of Registration: £265 + 8% Active Fee

Originally from: http://eu.ironman.com/triathlon/events/emea/ironman-70.3/edinburgh/athletes/faqs.aspx#ixzz4SzpXWGNZ
JamieMcP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iím sort of tempted, not least because I live about a 5 minute walk from the finish line/ T2 and the roads are my local ones.

But the roads being my local ones and the fact I run around Hollyrood park a lot actually puts me of. Nothing to do with the £250 entry fee!

I may have misread something on Facebook but I think Paul McG of here is the race director. If thatís right it will be a good race as Paul always puts on a great day. If it goes to form it will be a short swim, but a tough bike and run.

So many races so little time.
JeffB

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamieMcP wrote:

I may have misread something on Facebook but I think Paul McG of here is the race director. If thatís right it will be a good race as Paul always puts on a great day. If it goes to form it will be a short swim, but a tough bike and run.

Hmm, short swim is starting to sell it a bit more, haha Smile

One of my mates has put in for it, but if I do get round to entering Bolton this will make it an expensive few weeks. †Been trying to find someone to do Breca Buttermere with which is the end of July. So 3 tough races in a few weeks won't be a great idea.

Jeff
gixermark

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamieMcP wrote:
Iím sort of tempted, not least because I live about a 5 minute walk from the finish line/ T2 and the roads are my local ones.

But the roads being my local ones and the fact I run around Hollyrood park a lot actually puts me of. Nothing to do with the £250 entry fee!

is it a tough cycle & run course ? i liked the sound of a 'short' swim !! Smile
Alan A

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's the brainchild of Paul Mcg and Richard from Aberfeldy. They'll do a cracking job.

https://arrantriathlon.wordpress.com/

3 Pistes Cycle

http://3pistescycle.co.uk
user134098

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swim start is about 4 miles from ma hoose! Bike course isn't clear from the website, but I think there are a few nice but short lumps

Nearly tempted to go and see a doctor about my gammy ankle so I might run again
jockhaggis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's signed up then? I'm in.

Looks like a fairly up and down bike and run course from the routes.

Wrong way round the radical road should be a nice end to a 90km ride, I'm expecting some cramp in the first km of the run. Laughing
IanR

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't you do all of Arranman, LochloMan and Munroman for the same price as a 70.3 Edinburgh entry. I did City to summit first year and the swim was short and fecking baltic. North sea at the start of July 50/50 I'd say
Gus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IanR wrote:
Can't you do all of Arranman, LochloMan and Munroman for the same price as a 70.3 Edinburgh entry. I did City to summit first year and the swim was short and fecking baltic. North sea at the start of July 50/50 I'd say

Also bear in mind, enter 3 of Alan's races and you get the 4th free!

(I'm planning to do LochloMan, Munroman and the St Andrews halves).

Now THAT's value Cool

My 15 minutes of fame
jockhaggis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IanR wrote:

You can, but I live in Edinburgh, so by the time you add travel and accomodation to one of the other races it's not that bad value.

Saying that I'm also tempted by a couple of Alan's races as well. Very Happy
Stivrunning

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entered

any thoughts on were to stay start or finish
jockhaggis

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somewhere near Holyrood Park finish would be a good choice. I would think, but don't quote me, that they will run a shuttle bus from the finish line area to the swim start early on the Sunday so it makes sense to stay around this area.

For accommodation it depends on your budget and whether you want a hotel or self catering apartment.

For hotels you could try the Macdonald Holyrood Hotel which is 5 minutes walk from finish or Travelodge Edinburgh Central in St Mary's St.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: