Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
IM Emilia Romagna (Italy)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
max_power_nz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: IM Emilia Romagna (Italy) Reply with quote

Italy's first full distance IM race is scheduled for next year (Sep 23).

Is anybody here doing it?

According to the race info, cut-off is 15 hours. I know it's supposed to be a flat course but 15 hours seems a tad harsh.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankfurt is 15h too.

This is the replacement for Weymouth/Mallorca. I'm not convinced this race will last more than 3 years; unless it's a PB course where they effectively allow mass drafting like Barcelona.
max_power_nz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't realise Frankfurt was also 15hrs.

I guess IM are tailoring their cutoff times to match the difficulty of the course?

I'm doing this race and won't have any issue with this time but thought it was interesting.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

max_power_nz wrote:

I guess IM are tailoring their cutoff times to match the difficulty of the course?

That would make sense, but none of their other fast courses have a 15h cut-off to my knowledge...e.g. Kalmar, Copenhagen, Barcelona etc. It might just be the city-centre location that means they need to clear-out a bit earlier in Frankfurt.
Whisk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
max_power_nz wrote:

That would make sense, but none of their other fast courses have a 15h cut-off to my knowledge...e.g. Kalmar, Copenhagen, Barcelona etc. It might just be the city-centre location that means they need to clear-out a bit earlier in Frankfurt.

IM Nice is definitely not a "fast" course, but that has a 16 hour cut-off. I seem to recall that this was driven by the curfew that the city authorities applied for the finish line firework display.
Toyota_Crown

Location: Lincoln / Scarborough (Algerino-Land) / Fircombe-on-Sea. sandbagging for daveM

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
I'm not convinced this race will last more than 3 years
nah I think just the whole notion of IM Italy Cool guarantees it as a sell out for ever. I can't believe it took them so long.

nb. A shout out for the independent ironman race ElbaMan on 24th Sept 2017. Cool Cool
It's a big race that heen running for over ten years, and has an accompanying half IM (70.3 Rolling Eyes ) . Totally oarsum race, the bike course is like something out of a James Bond movie. http://www.elbaman.it/default.asp

Also while we're on with IMs in Italy there's a new Extreme one, NorseMan stylee, oop in the Alps, 8th July 2017:
http://www.stonebrixiamanxtri.com/
87IM+10DIM+D+2Q+2T=123IM
UKIMGrandSlam04-16
JeffB

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
max_power_nz wrote:

Barcelona does have a shorter cutoff as it starts later, it was supposed to start at 8:20 (was dark until about 8am) and is supposed to finish at 12:30am so the cutoff is 15:40 oddly enough.

But that is from your swim start, so if you are first in your cutoff was supposed to be 11:50ish but I don't think they were policing that either!

I think someone still missed the cutoff by a few minutes.

I was also a bit surprised by Frankfurt finishing earlier but maybe it was due to the noise etc. as there are some apartments around that area? That didn't matter when the locals were watching the football the night before and making a racket at about 1am Sad

Jeff
Jorgan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toyota_Crown wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
nah I think just the whole notion of IM Italy Cool guarantees it as a sell out for ever. I can't believe it took them so long.

You'd think so, but look at IM Mallorca.
Foppotee

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(first post) I am doing Italy, original plan was Mallorca until it got canned.
Doca

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm booked on for Italy. A bunch of us were going to do Mallorca but changed plans when they were dragging their feet over cancelling or giving a confirmed date.

I think it should be a good race & the missus is much happier about the downtime in Italy after the race vs Mallorca.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
max_power_nz wrote:

15.45 for Copenhagen, i believe...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
FatPom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toyota_Crown wrote:
Jorgan wrote:

nb. A shout out for the independent ironman race ElbaMan on 24th Sept 2017. Cool Cool
It's a big race that heen running for over ten years, and has an accompanying half IM (70.3 Rolling Eyes ) . Totally oarsum race, the bike course is like something out of a James Bond movie. http://www.elbaman.it/default.asp

Also while we're on with IMs in Italy there's a new Extreme one, NorseMan stylee, oop in the Alps, 8th July 2017:

Wasn't there an HIM in Italy that was, how should we say, akin to their political system? Wink
TheCelt67

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm signed up to this too. Like some others, Mallorca was originally the plan until it was cancelled.
Fix

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toyota_Crown wrote:

Can't agree more, Elbaman is a brillant race. You can even leave your wetsuit at a restaurant's terrace and they keep it for you Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: