Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
There's no such thing as a new idea
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Roscoemck




Joined: 10 Aug 2016
Posts: 278
Location: Glasgow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recent article in Cycling Weekly suggesting the "Marginal Gains" theory is nothing new. All been done before, just maybe not all at once by the same team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FatPom




Joined: 26 Dec 2005
Posts: 4904
Location: My happy place

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigFoz wrote:
Quote:

ironchimp wrote:
But, but, but... Triathlon Box!

That was definitely a new idea. The marketing said so.


now only 89.99


And banned in most race transitions, where they'd be most useful...


Perhaps Deliveroo would be interested in buying some? Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cobbie




Joined: 02 Aug 2005
Posts: 7419
Location: Chester

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roscoemck wrote:
Recent article in Cycling Weekly suggesting the "Marginal Gains" theory is nothing new. All been done before, just maybe not all at once by the same team.

For marginal gains, read any structured improvement Rolling Eyes

As an improvement consultant, I've given up being constantly surprised at how backward most big organisations are. There are countless books, articles, training courses (which many of the employees have been on) etc but this font of knowledge is largely ignored.
The conclusion I've come to is that there just aren't that many people who are process focussed. Put another way, personality and politics rule the world.

On the positive side, I don't have to worry about work running out Very Happy
_________________
Almost back to being an athlete in 2016 Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cobbie




Joined: 02 Aug 2005
Posts: 7419
Location: Chester

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
The BB mounted brakes were tried on MTBs in the 80s (U Brakes), but they clogged at the drop of a hat, funny old thing!


I suspect TC is beating off over this right now Laughing Laughing Wink
_________________
Almost back to being an athlete in 2016 Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FatPom




Joined: 26 Dec 2005
Posts: 4904
Location: My happy place

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cobbie wrote:
Roscoemck wrote:
Recent article in Cycling Weekly suggesting the "Marginal Gains" theory is nothing new. All been done before, just maybe not all at once by the same team.

For marginal gains, read any structured improvement Rolling Eyes

As an improvement consultant, I've given up being constantly surprised at how backward most big organisations are. There are countless books, articles, training courses (which many of the employees have been on) etc but this font of knowledge is largely ignored.
The conclusion I've come to is that there just aren't that many people who are process focussed. Put another way, personality and politics rule the world.

On the positive side, I don't have to worry about work running out Very Happy


Famous business proverb 'Culture eats process for breakfast' Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nick Berry




Joined: 18 May 2006
Posts: 2685

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
The BB mounted brakes were tried on MTBs in the 80s (U Brakes), but they clogged at the drop of a hat, funny old thing!

[/quote]

Call me an old fart but I find that ZIPP with the 26 inch wheels to be a thing of great beauty. Nothing in the 2016 range comes close IMHO. In particular the Diamondback looks like someone forgot to rub a bit out of the prototype sketch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TransitionTed




Joined: 02 Aug 2008
Posts: 21430
Location: On It Lika A Car Bonnet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fruit thief wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
The BB mounted brakes were tried on MTBs in the 80s (U Brakes), but they clogged at the drop of a hat, funny old thing!



Call me an old fart but I find that ZIPP with the 26 inch wheels to be a thing of great beauty. Nothing in the 2016 range comes close IMHO. In particular the Diamondback looks like someone forgot to rub a bit out of the prototype sketch.[/quote]

Your an old fart
_________________
Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nick Berry




Joined: 18 May 2006
Posts: 2685

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I asked for that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
explorerJC




Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 14704
Location: Farthingstone

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

old fart you may be....but you're right...still my fave bike...
_________________
www.appliedtri.co.uk Tri and Du coaching

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
TransitionTed




Joined: 02 Aug 2008
Posts: 21430
Location: On It Lika A Car Bonnet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Look is awesome, like a Transformer
_________________
Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
  Share
 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum





Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.