Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Erg Workout Suite

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JaRok2300

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Erg Workout Suite Reply with quote

I've recently started using Erg mode for turbo workouts and am trying to put together a suite of workouts to fall back on whenever I don't have time or can't be bothered searching though the thousands available.

On weeknights I generally do 45 or 60mins so (after googling the various lengths and intensities of intervals) I've built the following to give both options:

5min intervals at 110% FTP with 2mins rest
Blocks 5x1min intervals at 125% FTP with 1min rest
2x20min at 90% FTP with 5min rest
2x20min at 90% FTP incl. 12sec bursts at 120% FTP every 2mins (found in an article by Andrew Coggan)

I usually do 1 or 2 of these per week with a long steady ride at the weekend and maybe an easy recovery ride too.

Any feedback on the ones above or any other "staples" that I should be adding would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Jase
JWP1969

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have similar sessions to you:

1) 2 x 20mins at 90% FTP with 10mins recovery (recovery to reduce as get closer to races)
2) 4 x 5mins at 120% FTP with 5mins recovery.
3) 15 x 1min with 1min recovery.
4) 30mins rising from 90% to 105+%.
5) Cadence Pyramid. 2mins per sprocket down and up the sprocket set at 75% FTP.
6) 4mins at 90%-100% FTP @ ca. 90rpm. 4mins at max resistance ca 120% FTP. 2mins recovery. Repeat 3-4 times.

Sessions 1 to 4 are basically Sufferfest sessions (in order Hell Hath No Fury, A Very Dark Place, Revolver, The Long Scream). These are the ones I use most. I also use Power Station, To Get To The Other Side, Elements of Style, Rubber Glove on a reasonably regular basis. The others less frequently.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: