Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
What happens if MPs say no to final deal?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God it irritates me when people (like some anti-Trump woman on C4 news) whine on about Trump's 'populist rhetoric' as if 'populism' is something bad.

It's called fekkin' democracy.

My bloody Facebook is full of whining tits trying to outdo each other with the latest way to slag off Trump.

All I say is if Trump's so bad and 'stupid' - he still managed to beat all you other w@nkers to the top job. So who's fekkin' stupid now?

Mad

My 15 minutes of fame
BigFoz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Article 50 has no "agreement clause" it's divorce hearing. You "leave" when you trigger it, the rest is paperwork. Once we trigger A50, theoretically, MP votes and 2nd referendums and abject apologies accompanied by promises to pay lots of money and speak French won't help. There is no "change your mind" mechanism after A50.
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigFoz wrote:
Article 50 has no "agreement clause" it's divorce hearing. You "leave" when you trigger it, the rest is paperwork. Once we trigger A50, theoretically, MP votes and 2nd referendums and abject apologies accompanied by promises to pay lots of money and speak French won't help. There is no "change your mind" mechanism after A50.
Given the "marketing" that happened prior to the vote, the "political manouvering" and the "immediate post vote backtracking" I wonder how many politicians are privately saying to themselves "#@?# what have we done"?

Last edited by SloggingScotsman on Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus wrote:
God it irritates me when people (like some anti-Trump woman on C4 news) whine on about Trump's 'populist rhetoric' as if 'populism' is something bad.

My bloody Facebook is full of whining tits trying to outdo each other with the latest way to slag off Trump.

All I say is if Trump's so bad and 'stupid' - he still managed to beat all you other w@nkers to the top job. So who's fekkin' stupid now?

Mad
I genuinely agree Gus. Would not have voted for Trump myself, but in a democracy you don't always get who you want.

It's a bit like when the coalition came to power I was very vocal with my views, writing in detail to MPs and the chairman of the 1922 committee about precisely why what the government was doing was wrong.

But when Cameron won the popular vote I accepted it as he had a clear democratic mandate for the bad stuff he allowed to happen to a lot of our people.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
BigFoz wrote:
Given the "marketing" that happened prior to the vote, the "political manouvering" and the "immediate post vote backtracking" I wonder how many politicians are privately saying to themselves "#@?# what have we done"?

Given the costs, the fraud and the failed policies, i wonder how many in the EU are saying the same thing? Not many, i suppose...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
explorerJC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
Gus wrote:

Mad
I genuinely agree Gus. Would not have voted for Trump myself, but in a democracy you don't always get who you want.

i certainly wouldn't have voted Trump, but it would have left me with a huge dilemma...it would have had to be a no vote from me, which goes against my principles

SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Politics eh, I need to wash just thinking about it.

To be fair to politicians though, once you get power it is ever so easy to let your ego take control.

On the bright side we will muddle through. We are good at that....muddling.
GrahamO

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
GramanO just because you don't get something doesn't mean that it is "Tin foil hattery" it simply means that you don't get it, possibly because you haven't invested hundreds or thousands of hours in getting to grips with it.

I've probably got a lot more idea about how close we are to nuclear war than you lot its evident.

And just because you have invested hundreds or thousands of hours in a subject doesnt mean you know much more than chimp can learn to write on a subject by hitting the keys on a keyboard.

And quantity doesn't make up for quality especially when most of it is just plain old drivel.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus wrote:

it probably irritates god, too....

explorerJC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamO wrote:

I've probably got a lot more idea about how close we are to nuclear war than you lot its evident.
l.

that's upped the stakes a bit...

Gus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
SloggingScotsman wrote:
Gus wrote:

Mad

i certainly wouldn't have voted Trump, but it would have left me with a huge dilemma...it would have had to be a no vote from me, which goes against my principles

Aside from the odious alternative of Clinton, I actually sincerely hoped he'd win. Primarily because the 'establishment' has been long-overdue a very sharp kick in the 'nads and he has big potential in that regard.

Secondly, his victory alone has been worth enjoying the pathetic outrage of the cultural marxist sheep on social media bleating about the apocalypse, blind-drunk on anti-Trump propaganda actually believing he's actually some sort of devil incarnate.

But seriously, it will also be very interesting to see how a non-career politician - and, instead, an actual businessman - will perform. He's much less prone to lobbying and personal enrichment and, if he is genuinely true to his word, could well run the USA more like a business than a political entity (no bad thing, in my opinion). Politicians have become a little too adept at 'kicking the can down the road' economically for their own short-term gain; Trump I sense is looking at actually turning the US into an economically viable entity again. The knock-on effect on the rest of the world remains to be seen, particularly if he does go as protectionist as he implies.

He has many faults, but I just can't help liking his brass balls, ambition and sheer arrogance in sticking one-finger up at the establishment.

God help us if it goes wrong.... but I have an inkling he may well end up one of the best US President's they've had...

My 15 minutes of fame
Gus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
Gus wrote:

Yes I laughed when he claimed that "God is on our side" during his speech - rather similar to what every other national leader says around the world...

There's either an awful lot of Gods out there, or one rather schizophrenic deity.
Very Happy

My 15 minutes of fame
explorerJC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
SloggingScotsman wrote:
Gus wrote:

Mad

Aside from the odious alternative of Clinton, I actually sincerely hoped he'd win. Primarily because the 'establishment' has been long-overdue a very sharp kick in the 'nads and he has big potential in that regard.

Secondly, his victory alone has been worth enjoying the pathetic outrage of the cultural marxist sheep on social media bleating about the apocalypse, blind-drunk on anti-Trump propaganda actually believing he's actually some sort of devil incarnate.

But seriously, it will also be very interesting to see how a non-career politician - and, instead, an actual businessman - will perform. He's much less prone to lobbying and personal enrichment and, if he is genuinely true to his word, could well run the USA more like a business than a political entity (no bad thing, in my opinion). Politicians have become a little too adept at 'kicking the can down the road' economically for their own short-term gain; Trump I sense is looking at actually turning the US into an economically viable entity again. The knock-on effect on the rest of the world remains to be seen, particularly if he does go as protectionist as he implies.

He has many faults, but I just can't help liking his brass balls, ambition and sheer arrogance in sticking one-finger up at the establishment.

God help us if it goes wrong.... but I have an inkling he may well end up one of the best US President's they've had...

i was all in favour of the failure of the vacant left and SJW. Had they been successful, the smugness and continued intellectual dishonesty would have been bad for the world...

...but Trump's lack of honesty and decency is beyond the pale...had the left put up anyone else then possibly...

The only thing Trump has going for him is that he doesn't have to take those calls, he doesn't need to be bankrolled...that doesn't mean he won't, of course...

explorerJC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
Gus wrote:

Yes I laughed when he claimed that "God is on our side" during his speech - rather similar to what every other national leader says around the world...

There's either an awful lot of Gods out there, or one rather schizophrenic deity.
Very Happy

i think that god just gets irony...

SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamO wrote:
SloggingScotsman wrote:
GramanO just because you don't get something doesn't mean that it is "Tin foil hattery" it simply means that you don't get it, possibly because you haven't invested hundreds or thousands of hours in getting to grips with it.

And just because you have invested hundreds or thousands of hours in a subject doesnt mean you know much more than chimp can learn to write on a subject by hitting the keys on a keyboard.

And quantity doesn't make up for quality especially when most of it is just plain old drivel.
GrahamO

You may be correct. Equally I may just have found a way of combining age old knowledge and combining it with modern day science and maths to produce a forward step.

If you are right at least I have given people a laugh, but if I am right I may actually be able to continue contributing positively to some people's lives (thinking the two religious examples I gave before) while helping humanity move a small step forwards.

Just because you don't get it doesn't make it drivel. It just makes it something you don't get. Bearing in mind that in the Masonic world a decade sgo some masons thoughts that I was very much on the right track, and nowadays even Ejc is slowly coming around to the possibilities of what I am trying to crack. The CIA now openly admit that they used it in the past. I have just taken what they did back then and applied it to maths and modern day science to attempt to solve current day problems. Compared to the dark world I may be three decades behind the times, but in the civilian world I am not doing so bad.

Or should people simply not bother to move humanity forwards GrahamO?

Given the resources GrahamO, which sadly I don't have, I could drive this forward enormously. The main problem is that it would kinda be nice to use British viewers, but our culture is much less able to prove decent viewers than some other nations, due partially to our "stiff upper lip" and general ridicule of such things culture. You need sensitive folk, who might be considered a little odd or barmy, and there are good reasons for that, for you must be sensitive to be able to feel and connect. Others in the field may disagree obviously.

Put in another way GrahamO if we are now finding more subs with ease would that not be a good thing? What if I could enhance what used to be done to find hostages to make it even more effective? What if I could develop ways to combine such skills with machine learning and neural networks to provide a better shield against terrorist attacks?

As I am sure that you will appreciate GrahamO and understand I am much more interested in the civilian applications, in the commercial and medical fields.

I will give you that one experiment proves nothing, but remember I have already provided what I think is the first public experiment of how to do something that many viewers say is impossible (distracting a viewer from a target). Ok I did not succeed for very long, but I did succeed. Ramp that up with a few more years of research and who knows.

Just need Mr Coutts to give me that half trillion pounds. Dreams eh.

Last edited by SloggingScotsman on Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: