Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Hostages...anyone work in the field?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Hostages...anyone work in the field? Reply with quote

I realise that this is a sensitive area, but does anyone here know of a reliable publicly available list of hostages and where they were found/recovered?

I ask as I am at the initial stages of formulating methods that could be combined with viewing to generate geographical coordinates, which I understand to be the holy grail for finding people (perhaps obviously).

It would be useful to have a testing database so that I can refine the method and quantify accuracy, as I develop the method.

I know that getting my mind around a conceptual how to, and talking that to a stage where it works, reliably, is likely to take many years, but you have to start somewhere.

I have been thinking about this for a year or so, and am ready to start refining the method. But without feedback it is impossible to progress beyond conceptuality.
Gus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sloggers - maybe I'm not understanding your methodology, but having a database of where they were found is irrelevant as they are no longer there... thus rendering trying to remotely view them as pointless? Unless you can remotely view back in the past? Confused

As a silly/not-so-silly suggestion, why not just try to remotely view someone whose location you actually know (eg a family member) to test the methodology?

My 15 minutes of fame
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus wrote:
Sloggers - maybe I'm not understanding your methodology, but having a database of where they were found is irrelevant as they are no longer there... thus rendering trying to remotely view them as pointless? Unless you can remotely view back in the past? Confused

As a silly/not-so-silly suggestion, why not just try to remotely view someone whose location you actually know (eg a family member) to test the methodology?
fair questions Gus, without giving too much away, let me explain:-

1. I would use the hostage to test, and after doing my thing, then use the actual location to verify accuracy, and use that to help me refine and improve the method for subsequent tries, until I get it reliable. The fact that they are no longer there is meaningless. Viewing works through that.

2. Re family, well ethical issues aside, and I really don't wAnt to give too much away so am being intentionally evasive here Gus, but there are a number of issues that affect ability to focus on a person amongst all of the noise and imagination. It would actually make my work much more difficult, which is not a good thing at the very early stages of development. Though I can understand that you, or others, might simply see this as making excuses, when in fact is it isolating variables. Other viewers may tell you that it makes no difference, to which I would respond by asking "how many missing people have you actually found, not simply been involved in the search for". Some viewers will tell you that they have been involved with many missing person cases, but tend not to answer that.
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus

You have illustrated one of the biggest problems viewers face.

The expectations gap between what people think should be obvious and possible, and that which viewers know is possible.

It not dissimilar to the expectations gap external auditors face re finding fraud. People expect it's the auditors job ( it isn't it's the directors) and auditors responsibities are different, though should expect to find material fraud that affects the financial statements.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
Gus

The expectations gap between what people think should be obvious and possible, and that which viewers know is possible.

...and I think I know where the fault lies....

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
earthling

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought I had klicked on a triathlon forum - seems I have entered the twilight zone........
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
SloggingScotsman wrote:
Gus

no it's not a fault Ejc, what it is is continuing refining the stuff that was once reportedly taught in the ancient mystery schools, then esoteric and fraternatal societies, that only really came to light a hundred years ago in the Hermetics of Frank Barton (whose books retain a strong following today I understand) and which can still be found in some nooks and crannies of some fraternal societies today.

Just because most people don't have the time, the teaching, or the desire, to pursue esoteric knowledge does not mean that it isn't real, it just means that most people haven't devoted sufficient time to it to be able to get their mind around it.

Viewers don't make their life any easier I give you by claiming that they can view anything anywhere anytime, and then failing to back that up, or backing it up with sessions that could be interpreted in different ways. So in this respect I do agree with you Ejc, it is their fault.

However, to view you have to be a bit emotional or sensitive (in my opinion other viewers may disagree) and be a bit of an oddball if you like. And there are actually good reasons for that (though some say anyone can be taught to view) to do with being able to feel things that "harder" people can't. Turning this around it's a bit like how a lot of banter that most people get flows right over my head. Often I don't get it, so is that your fault or mine?

Over the past two years I have worked hard to get the viewing community to use maths, to be professionally sceptical and not to make claims that they can't back up. As you can imagine some don't take well to that, while others listen.

Equally I am working on these expectations gaps, which I see to being similar to those auditors face as explained above. Whose fault is it that people think that the big accountancy firms have a duty to find fraud in their statutory audits? They don't, I have explained above their duty. Is it the fault of Price Waterhouse? The governments who drafted the laws? The people who assume?
explorerJC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
SloggingScotsman wrote:
Gus

no it's not a fault Ejc, what it is is continuing refining the stuff that was once reportedly taught in the ancient mystery schools, then esoteric and fraternatal societies, that only really came to light a hundred years ago in the Hermetics of Frank Barton (whose books retain a strong following today I understand) and which can still be found in some nooks and crannies of some fraternal societies today.

Just because most people don't have the time, the teaching, or the desire, to pursue esoteric knowledge does not mean that it isn't real, it just means that most people haven't devoted sufficient time to it to be able to get their mind around it.

it would no longer be esoteric if they did...

SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair point Ejc.
TransitionTed

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I imagine the subject of a loved one being held hostage is a rather emotive subject, especially with close relatives of said loved ones, and professionals involved, then might I suggest trying to find something less emotive, like a pair of socks?
Running before walking springs to mind
TransitionTed

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should add that, if you go down the socks route, then I have a list of such socks which I'd like found.
Pedro Peru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you after latitude and longitude type data?
explorerJC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TransitionTed wrote:
As I imagine the subject of a loved one being held hostage is a rather emotive subject, especially with close relatives of said loved ones, and professionals involved, then might I suggest trying to find something less emotive, like a pair of socks?

i said something similar referring to helping in medical cases...

SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TransitionTed wrote:
that would actually be tremendously harder tt. It's the emotions that make it more doable.

Again you have illustrated an expectation gap between what people,think viewers should be able to do (find socks) and what they can actually do (which will vary depending on which viewer you talk to, so follow the data not what people claim)
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pedro Peru wrote:
Are you after latitude and longitude type data?
that is what I hope to be able to end up with, after years of research and work.

Which is why a list of hostages and the locations they were held or recovered would be a valuable training tool. It would enable me to refine what is in my head as I practiced, and in a few years time, hopefully the end result would be reliable coordinates produced to aid hostage finding.

Other viewers make claims about being involved in such things, missing persons cases and the like, and no doubt some have had measures of success. It is something that I have thought about after, if you remember a while ago on another thread, I noted that I once looked at a photo and a spontaneous set of numbers entered my head, which I wrote down and which, coincidentally if they did represent geographic coordinates place the victim one state away (over a state line) from where the body was actually found. The only other time it happened it wasn't so neat. But this got me thinking about whether it was possible for a viewer to actually generate geographical coordinates, which in the civilian world at least, is still pie in the sky.

As time has passed I have developed methods by which it may be possible to refine this and combine viewing more effectively with maths and mainstream science to actually produce Lon and lat. which would be rather powerful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: