Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Book recommendations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doonhamer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just ordered a couple of books;

Running Hard: The Story of a Rivalry by Steve Chilton

"For one brilliant season in 1983 the sport of fell running was dominated by the two huge talents of John Wild and Kenny Stuart. Wild was an incomer to the sport from road running and track. Stuart was born to the fells, but an outcast because of his move from amateur to professional and back again. Together they destroyed the record book, only determining who was top by a few seconds in the last race of the season. Running Hard is the story of that season, and an inside, intimate look at the two men by the author of It’s a Hill, Get Over It and The Round."

http://sandstonepress.com/books/running-hard

&

Ventoux by Bert Wagendorp

"During the summer of 1982, six friends–five boys, one girl–climb the legendary Mont Ventoux on their bicycles. A tragic accident claims the life of one of them, the promising poet Peter. Thirty years later, the others find themselves travelling into their past, with their racing bicycles strapped to the car roof, and their inner demons trailing behind them, off to the Provence again. What exactly happened on that mountain thirty years ago, and why are they going back?"

http://road.cc/content/review/193097-ventoux-bert-wagendorp

Don't expect a review anytime soon, unless I run out of other reading material I'll be saving them for my summer holidays.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: